Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean McDermott new Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Well he may help on the mechanics but if he is using the same plays as he did in Buffalo expect alot of 3rd and longs the offense was extrememly vanilla and he would always have spiller trying to run through the gaps rather then getting him outside. -alot of run on 1st down run on 2nd down 3rd and long go deep and if it didnt work out punt. Mid way through the season i was telling people what will happen before the snap as it was extremely predictable on offense. If the bills had any form of game plan on offense they could have made the play offs as the defense was stout and top 3 that year.

Marrone is known to kick the ball away in fact he holds the single season record for most punts in an opponents territory so you will see alot if that too. Hopefully those guys changed their ways for the jags or it will be coughlin on the sidelines 2018

Im not sure what tou expect if they have that QB situation. Not many coaches are going to be agreasive if they dont believe in their QB. If they have a lack of talent on one side with a top defense, why wouldnt you rely on defense and hope offense does enough to win you the game?

As for the FGs, pretty sure I saw a chart of where punts were made inside enemy territory. Only like a couple of them were in OK range for a FG. Our kicker is someone who excells from 50+ but cant hit a broadside of a barn inside the 30. So I would think Marrone would see that.

El Ramster on the sig
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
Well he may help on the mechanics but if he is using the same plays as he did in Buffalo expect alot of 3rd and longs the offense was extrememly vanilla and he would always have spiller trying to run through the gaps rather then getting him outside. -alot of run on 1st down run on 2nd down 3rd and long go deep and if it didnt work out punt. Mid way through the season i was telling people what will happen before the snap as it was extremely predictable on offense. If the bills had any form of game plan on offense they could have made the play offs as the defense was stout and top 3 that year.

Marrone is known to kick the ball away in fact he holds the single season record for most punts in an opponents territory so you will see alot if that too. Hopefully those guys changed their ways for the jags or it will be coughlin on the sidelines 2018

Im not sure what tou expect if they have that QB situation. Not many coaches are going to be agreasive if they dont believe in their QB. If they have a lack of talent on one side with a top defense, why wouldnt you rely on defense and hope offense does enough to win you the game?

As for the FGs, pretty sure I saw a chart of where punts were made inside enemy territory. Only like a couple of them were in OK range for a FG. Our kicker is someone who excells from 50+ but cant hit a broadside of a barn inside the 30. So I would think Marrone would see that.

Orton really wasn't that bad in 2014. Statistically it was his best completion % season but that was mainly due to short passes and Sammy actually playing his rookie year. He also would have had his best TD season if he played more than 12 games.

The jags certainly have more talent on O now then Buffalo did then so his O shouldn't be as predictable. But if Marrone is still pulling him back (which I believe you and I talked about before) because he wants to play field position, it could be a frustrating offense to watch.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Orton really wasn't that bad in 2014. Statistically it was his best completion % season but that was mainly due to short passes and Sammy actually playing his rookie year. He also would have had his best TD season if he played more than 12 games.

The jags certainly have more talent on O now then Buffalo did then so his O shouldn't be as predictable. But if Marrone is still pulling him back (which I believe you and I talked about before) because he wants to play field position, it could be a frustrating offense to watch.

Which I'd probably attribute to Hackett. Played to his strengths and didn't make him do too much as he obviously isn't/wasn't capable of being much more than a game manager.

Definitely tbd on how it goes. But things were much improved as the stats show once he took over.

El Ramster on the sig
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Which I'd probably attribute to Hackett. Played to his strengths and didn't make him do too much as he obviously isn't/wasn't capable of being much more than a game manager.

Definitely tbd on how it goes. But things were much improved as the stats show once he took over.

Or Todd Downing Wink

But I agree it is tbd. I am honestly excited to see how it goes for the Jags.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Great to hear you guys didn't hire Greg Olsen. His track record is just utter [inappropriate/removed]. He left Oakland and Carr took off. He came here and ruined Bortles mechanics and our offense was utter [inappropriate/removed] most of the year because of it. Check out what Hackett did to our offense once he took over compared to what Olsen was doing:

Quote:

The Jaguars improved their rankings under Hackett this past season in several categories including: time of possession (30th to 13th), goal-to-go efficiency (15th to fourth) and red-zone efficiency (16th to fifth). The Jaguars rushing attack also improved under Hackett from 30th in yards (72.6) to fifth (124.Cool in rushing yards per game, 26th (3.79) to 13th (4.35) in yards per rush and from 32nd to first (112) in rushes of four-plus yards.

-Jaguars.com

As for Skipper, hard to know. I'm sure he'll be fine, I mean Shady and Gillislee are pretty obvious talents already.

And Hackett is a terrible OC so that is saying something for how bad Olson is even with success he had with Freeman

Id say those statistics say different, especially for a guy who used another mans playbook since he took over midseason.

Everyones hates OCs. But im not buying Hackett is poor basef on what he did for Bortles mechanics and how our run game was SOOOOO much better onve he took over. He'll have a lot more talent here than the Orton/Manuel, CJ Spiller, Scott Chandler, Robert Woods, etc. offense he had in Buffalo in 2013 and 2014.

His offenses are so boring, mediocre and vanilla. Expect lots of punting and playing field position. Only reason he has a job in NFL is he is Marrones right hand man. Thats it.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think that it's more than just a coincidence that the leaks have stopped coming out ever since we named McDermott the new head coach? I mean, the media has been truly clueless as far as our OC search. They didn't even truly know who we were interviewing.

Coincidence? I think not.

I like that the leaks have slowed, btw. It just fuels the fire as to the stupid "dysfunction" talk.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Great to hear you guys didn't hire Greg Olsen. His track record is just utter [inappropriate/removed]. He left Oakland and Carr took off. He came here and ruined Bortles mechanics and our offense was utter [inappropriate/removed] most of the year because of it. Check out what Hackett did to our offense once he took over compared to what Olsen was doing:

Quote:

The Jaguars improved their rankings under Hackett this past season in several categories including: time of possession (30th to 13th), goal-to-go efficiency (15th to fourth) and red-zone efficiency (16th to fifth). The Jaguars rushing attack also improved under Hackett from 30th in yards (72.6) to fifth (124.Cool in rushing yards per game, 26th (3.79) to 13th (4.35) in yards per rush and from 32nd to first (112) in rushes of four-plus yards.

-Jaguars.com

As for Skipper, hard to know. I'm sure he'll be fine, I mean Shady and Gillislee are pretty obvious talents already.

And Hackett is a terrible OC so that is saying something for how bad Olson is even with success he had with Freeman

Id say those statistics say different, especially for a guy who used another mans playbook since he took over midseason.

Everyones hates OCs. But im not buying Hackett is poor basef on what he did for Bortles mechanics and how our run game was SOOOOO much better onve he took over. He'll have a lot more talent here than the Orton/Manuel, CJ Spiller, Scott Chandler, Robert Woods, etc. offense he had in Buffalo in 2013 and 2014.

His offenses are so boring, mediocre and vanilla. Expect lots of punting and playing field position. Only reason he has a job in NFL is he is Marrones right hand man. Thats it.

Feel like I just keep repeating myself, but again, is it supposed to be higher power/electric when you have Kyle Orton or EJ Manuel throwing the ball to Robert Woods/Scott Chandler and CJ Spiller running it (although Spiller did have his moments at times)?

I mean come on, when you have an elite defense like they had you play to it. Why take huge shots/chances when you can depend on your defense to get stops as long as you put the other team in tough field position?

I highly doubt he's going to run the same offense with Bortles (if mechanics are improved, but even if so his play style is WAYYY different than Orton or Manuel), A-Rob, Hurns, Marqise Lee, Chris Ivory, etc. as to what he did with what he had there. Not to mention although our defense has potential it isn't on the same tier that your defense was on back in '13/'14.

El Ramster on the sig
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Anyone else think that it's more than just a coincidence that the leaks have stopped coming out ever since we named McDermott the new head coach? I mean, the media has been truly clueless as far as our OC search. They didn't even truly know who we were interviewing.

I like that the leaks have slowed, btw. It just fuels the fire as to the stupid "dysfunction" talk.

Just shows how the media knows nothing and the dysfunction talk was all just made up garbage like everything else they falsly reported this coaching change
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:

I agree 100%.

Media is just guessing now and trying to connect dots that don't exsist. Then they pile on Whaley because he won't give them the headlines they want Laughing

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Andrew Dees has been named our assistant offensive line coach.

The former Bills coach returns: http://bufbills.co/Sz1OqW

He is returning for his second stint with the Bills. He was on Chan Gailey's staff. Looks to me like we'll be returning to a zone blocking scheme for our run game. Yes! I really think this will make our run game even better. We had a good run game (and screen game) with Gailey while using his ZBS.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid staff McD has put together. Impressive for a rookie Head Coach.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Solid staff McD has put together. Impressive for a rookie Head Coach.

Certainly looks promising.

But I thought the same thing when we had Rex and Roman running the team Crying or Very sad

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Buffalo Bills ‏@buffalobills 40m40 minutes ago
More
David Culley has agreed to terms to be our quarterbacks coach.

The veteran coach's background: http://bufbills.co/EJasO4

Interesting move on his part after being under Reid since 99. Doesn't bother me one bit that hes been a WR coach all these years either. It's not like he'll be immune to what a QB does.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Quote:
More

Interesting move on his part after being under Reid since 99. Doesn't bother me one bit that hes been a WR coach all these years either. It's not like he'll be immune to what a QB does.
Yeah, it seems like a lot of those position guys can do a job for multiple positions. A lot of coordinators had jobs all over their side of the ball.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Quote:
More

Yeah... he has also been a QB and a RB coach in the past. He was also a former QB... interesting hire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: