You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean McDermott new Head Coach
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Sean McDermott new Head Coach Reply with quote

Well now that everyone is linking it and making it official Sean McDermott as the new Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills. I figured to make a new thread. He will be bringing in Mike McCoy to be Offensive Coordinator, the Defensive Coordinator yet to come which is said to be Texans DB Coach Butler or Panthers DB Coach Wilks

Bills finally make the move back to a 4-3 Defense which I am sure the players are happy about now lets hope this outcome is better then the Rex Era.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love McDermott.

If McCoy becomes official than thats just real thick chocolate icing on top of this cake.

I don't know much about Butler but looks impressive.

The big thing now is Buffalo needs a rangy WLB and aggressive SLB. AJ Klein could be a target in FA. Won't be surprised to see Reuben Foster linked to us in mock drafts now.

As you said in another thread cdavls17, Sanjay Lal and Kromer are the only offensive assistants I care about retaining. I'd dump the entire defensive staff and let McDermott and Butler get their guys.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Love McDermott.

If McCoy becomes official than thats just real thick chocolate icing on top of this cake.

The big thing now is Buffalo needs a rangy WLB and aggressive SLB. AJ Klein could be a target in FA. Won't be surprised to see Reuben Foster linked to us in mock drafts now.

As you said in another thread cdavls17, Sanjay Lal and Kromer are the only offensive assistants I care about retaining. I'd dump the entire defensive staff and let McDermott and Butler get their guys.

You dont see us retaining Zach Brown? His 4.3 speed is perfect for the WLB.

I honestly dont see SLB as a big need. Preston Brown will man that position. Sure he is not the best but SLB is taken out for a Nickle CB a majority of the time in todays NFL. SLB isnt that important of a position. Adding depth to the linebacker position is most important imo.

McDermott is a former Safety. Is a DB coach... Butler played with him and is a DB coach. I see the DBs to be wanting Adams, Hooker, and Peppers even more now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume there is more stuff making the rounds on twitter that I haven't seen to make this official. I like the hire though, get us back to a 4-3 and let our defensive line do what they do best. I feel like Zach Brown would be perfect for that Thomas Davis role but I don't think we'll be able to afford him which is a shame.

McCoy should be a good hire even though he's not exactly loved in San Diego. He has had success tailoring offenses to multiple QBs and that is really promising. Both he and McDermott seem like they can adjust to the talent that is available and that will be very welcomed after Rex.

These should be good hires and give me some hope moving forward.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Love McDermott.

I honestly dont see SLB as a big need. Preston Brown will man that position. Sure he is not the best but SLB is taken out for a Nickle CB a majority of the time in todays NFL. SLB isnt that important of a position. Adding depth to the linebacker position is most important imo.

McDermott is a former Safety. Is a DB coach... Butler played with him and is a DB coach. I see the DBs to be wanting Adams, Hooker, and Peppers even more now.
Seeing the Panthers defense progress this season after fielding a completely raw secondary was really impressive to me. It gives me hope he can get guys like Robey, Darby and hopefully Gilmore back to their best. Hopefully we give him some new toys to play with at safety as well.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Love McDermott.

Zach Brown is too reckless and got swallowed up by Guards far too often in the run game. He was bad enough at times that Alexander had to play inside instead.

Preston IMO is better off as a WLB because he can't shed blocks. Right now Ragland who ironically hasn't played a down in the NFL is the only LB I have confidence in.

The great thing about McDermott is he adapts the systems to his players so he may find a way to make Preston Brown good enough again.

Klein at SLB would be great IMO.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a big Zach Brown fan he was solid in the beginning but then fizzled out. He missed alot of tackles and I much rather take the money that they would spend on him and bring in a healthy Safety preferably a guy like Tony Jefferson or Eric Berry. A guy like Hooker would be a good pick if they get the SS situation answered in FA. Keeping Graham would be ideal for depth if he is no longer the starter. I think retaining Gillmore is a bigger must now that they are going back to a zone scheme which he seemed better suited. I could see them bringing in Charles Johnson to rotate in with Hughes and Shaq as he is a panther. Donta Hightower could be an option for LB but I think his price tag may be to high. Foster is going to be a huge link to the bills now as he is quick to go from sideline to sideline. Again I am not a fan of Preston eventhough his best season came his rookie year in a 4-3 scheme i just dont think he has it but hopefully i am wrong.

As for offense the bills need to retain Tyrod its the only way to keep this team competitive on both sides of the ball.

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I am not a big Zach Brown fan he was solid in the beginning but then fizzled out. He missed alot of tackles and I much rather take the money that they would spend on him and bring in a healthy Safety preferably a guy like Tony Jefferson or Eric Berry. A guy like Hooker would be a good pick if they get the SS situation answered in FA. Keeping Graham would be ideal for depth if he is no longer the starter. I think retaining Gillmore is a bigger must now that they are going back to a zone scheme which he seemed better suited. I could see them bringing in Charles Johnson to rotate in with Hughes and Shaq as he is a panther. Donta Hightower could be an option for LB but I think his price tag may be to high. Foster is going to be a huge link to the bills now as he is quick to go from sideline to sideline. Again I am not a fan of Preston eventhough his best season came his rookie year in a 4-3 scheme i just dont think he has it but hopefully i am wrong.

As for offense the bills need to retain Tyrod its the only way to keep this team competitive on both sides of the ball.
I don't think there is any way that we can afford Eric Berry and Gilmore. That just seems very unlikely.

One thing I really like about McDermott is that he excelled at getting inside pressure when he was with the Panthers as their pass rushers were erratic and I think that is going to be an awesome fit with Dareus, Kyle and Washington.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills are set to have 33-35 mil in cap space, 5 goes to Draft picks. so they have any where from 28-30 mil. So anything is possible but yes keeping gillmore and signing berry could be a huge reach however tony jefferson will likely get 6-8 mil a year and if the bills do a post june 1st cut with Aaron Williams that will clear 4.2 million which can pay majority of Tonys first year. It will be interesting offseason

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cheap FS option that McDermott would have seen somewhat upclose is Brandon McDougald from the Bucs.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Whitner20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much info here but little tidbit says McDermott was impressed by the structure and the Pegula's.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/11/sean-mcdermott-encouraged-by-bills-hiring-process-front-office-structure/
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deal seems almost done. He has been offered and will accept it

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSlneet/status/819223177976913925?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Deal seems almost done. He has been offered and will accept it

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSlneet/status/819223177976913925?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Unfortunately thats a fake account.

Although it is only a matter of time I'm sure.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I'd feel about this..

Quote:
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 2m2 minutes ago
If McCoy does not come with McDermott to Bills (if McDermott gets HC job), I'm told by coaching sources Norv Turner could be in play...

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be horrible. Sorry but norv turner sucks and the offense will be a rebuild at that point. I hope this isnt true

Thanks Max

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: