Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salterz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: My mock Reply with quote

1. Cook- rb FSU
If available this is a no-brainer to me. 3 down back that can break a game open. No injury history...hallellujah
2. King - cb IOWA
Maybe an off year, maybe thrown at less. I still like him as an Eagle.
3. Cupp - wr EWU
Call me crazy but production is production and he did it consistently with multiple quarterbacks.
4. Davenport - t Bucknell
5. Wheeler - t USC
Yes two tackles back to back. Peters and Lane are great but Peters is way up there in age and Lane is one strike from being in Josh Gordon status.
6. King - cb Washington
Long and lanky and underrated. Besides we need two KINGS at cornerback.
7. Mathis - edge Washington
Got hurt just as he was starting to flash. And those are the7th rounder types i like.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A running back isn't a no brainer, especially with how bad we corner and receiver. He is an awesome prospect and obviously would make our offense much more explosive with his home run ability. However, he does have some character and injury concerns that the Eagles will need to look into though.

A lot of people (including scouts) think Desmond King is a safety at the next level, because of not having good enough speed.

Haven't really watched Kupp on tape, but from what I've heard about him he sounds like a nice player and the round projection doesn't sound crazy. I've heard late 2nd to 4th round on him.

Kevin King is being talked about as a day 2 (rounds 2 & 3) guy, so I think him making it to the 6th round is a bit of a reach.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only pick I like is Cook.

I don't like either corner you took but I agree with taking two. I don't hate them, I am just not impressed.

Same goes for the two tackles. And we could use one, but what we also need probably more so is an interior lineman. Brooks is the RG, Kelce may or may not be center. Seumalo will either be the LG, replace Kelce at center, or be relegated to the main interior backup. So we need someone else to either start or fill that backup role.

I don't like Cupp as a prospect, and even if I did he's not a fit. We need an outside WR.

I also think people underrate how much we need an LB or two.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What moves do you foresee in the offseason? It's kind of hard to judge the draft class in the bigger picture without having the other offseason moves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
A running back isn't a no brainer, especially with how bad we corner and receiver. He is an awesome prospect and obviously would make our offense much more explosive with his home run ability. However, he does have some character and injury concerns that the Eagles will need to look into though.

I'm always going to be a "special talent" in the first round guy. For our pick the only possible special talent guys i see are Fournette (likely gone), Davis(if his measurable are true he should be gone), and Cook. And if we couldn't get any of those three I would want to trade back and even than, pick Christian McCaffrey in the late first.

I feel like this is an extremely deep cornerback class, but is there a Revis, Talib, or Peterson in this draft? I'm not seeing it.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the Iowa King in the 2nd (unless he's playing safety, but if that's the case you might as well draft Budda Baker with that 2nd) to Taco Charlton or CB Sutton (if he runs well)

Also change one of the tackles to which ever position you don't address in the 2nd.

DLs possible in the 4th or later:
Wise 6'6 260 Arkansas
Hall 6'6 260 Texas A&M
Adams 6'4 300 Auburn
Qualls 6'1 300 Washington (not sure if he declared)

As someone already mentioned King maybe earlier and OT may not need to be addressed in this draft.

HPV and Tobin played well in a pinch...Barbe will be back. 3 backup guys for two spots.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha we're calling him HPV now? Poor guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: