Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hawks at Falcons - 2016 Divisional Playoffs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Hawks at Falcons - 2016 Divisional Playoffs Reply with quote

Last edited by Zman724 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Line: Falcons -5 Money is coming in on Atlanta
Total: 51.5 pts

The Zona loss will likely come back to bite us, but there is always hope when playing in the National Football League.

Bevell's only job is to devise a game plan & route combos to put up 37 pts. We'll need to score in the 30's to have a chance w/out ET. As previously mentioned, Travis Kelce & Tyreek Hill run a simple 2 man route combo. The Hawks need to do the same with Baldwin & Graham. I asked for 20 targets between the 2 vs Detroit & with fewer passes, they ended up with 15. (1 target was for Kearse that Baldwin snagged). That is not enough targets for a guy like Graham.

All Bevell has to do is to look at the Falcon-Chief game in Atlanta. Alex Smith was 21-25 for 270yds. It was all quick precision passing. Kelce was targeted 8 times & caught 8 passes for 140 yds. Graham has outstanding hands & is an animal after catching the rock as he's been stream rolling defenders & possesses an elite stiff arm. Throw the ball to Graham, RW. He's open. On one of RW's sacks vs Detroit, he had Graham open but didn't deliver.

Richardson, Baldwin & Graham are sufficient weapons with excellent hands. Add Rawls with some Collins substitution & we should be good to go.

In the final game of the year vs the Saints, Ingram ran for over 100 yds in Atlanta. Can Rawls go for a buck 20?

There will be opportunities to score but we need to execute in the redzone & keep an eye on Vic Beasley. Please, no more fullback dive plays. They never work & I still can't get over being down 20-0 in Atlanta in 2012 because of stupid red zone play calls by Bevell.

Atlanta is going to score. Waaaay too many weapons. KJ needs to pick up Freeman on screens. Sherman on Julio. I'd love to see Keiko Thorpe on Sanu but am sure it'll be Shead. Gabriel is the X factor. I'm not we have anyone to man up with him. I"m sure it'll be Lane. I still want to see D Elliott but know we won't. Everyone is so focused on Julio but if we don't watch Gabriel close enough, he'll torch us.

We need Bennett to have a monster game.

We're not going to stop Atlanta's O. No way, no how. especially if we play some loose jack zone. I still don't understand why we're still so vanilla, though we do blitz more. Atlanta will expect Wags, so why not Kam on a delay?

We had all the plays & breaks go our way vs Detroit. It's not going to happen in Atlanta. I'm too much of a fanatic to not believe we can't win this game.

A lot has to go the Hawks' way. +2 in the turnover margin, Rawls runs for 120, no more than 3 sacks given up, Baldwin & Graham combine for 20 targets & Haushka can't miss any fg's or extra points. It's a lot to ask but the Hawks have yet to play their best game. (maybe NE) Can this be the day? I think we all hope so.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updacted Line: Money is pouring in on Atlanta as the line just moved up to -6.5

Logic says Atlanta but heart says the Hawks. One final idea and post of Falcon's poor D stats to make us feel a bit better.

What to do with Beasley? zman724 knows. Cool

Gilliam is going to need help with Beasley. Luke or Graham give a quick double & then have the TE drop into the flat or quick slant. No way Gilliam can handle Beasley by himself.

RWilson on the read option should stare down Beasley. He seems aggressive and will drop down to the RB (Quinn should have him coached up?) and can keep and run. If Beasley hangs to play RW, then it neutralizes Beasley's rush aggressiveness as he has to hesitate slightly.

Run Screens at Beasley. Run plays right at Beasley, who is light in the loafers and not away from him where he can use his speed to create backside pressure and potential ball strips.

That is the word up. Atlanta D stats. #25, #28, #17, #28, #28
C'mon Hawks...

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19-10 so it isnt over. But that KPL hold on the Hester return ended our season it seems.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hated the typical flat out to baldwin on 3rd and 3. We do that what. 3 times a week? Perfect time for him to cut back to the middle. Good job Bevell.

We also went waaaayy away from what we did on the opening drive. Good job Bevell.

Shead should have had a pick 6. But he isnt a playmaker. Just a solid corner. Cant be too mad at him for that.

Who would have thunk losing Ifedi would be so bad for us?
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed] you, Bevell.

Who didnt see the read option coming?
TpeSteel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seasquaks getting spanked.

Buh-bye!
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Hillary and now the Seahawks, things can't get much worst for you folks on the west coast.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just not our year. Stats wont show it, but I thought Russell was great. Love what Dan Quinn is doing in Atlanta, they remind me in some ways of us when they won the super bowl but offensively. They have SO much young talent on offense, they wont be abke to keep all of it forever

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TpeSteel wrote:
Seasquaks getting spanked.

Buh-bye!
Grow up

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needed Wright and Wagner today. They were dominated almost all game. I hope Earl heals strong. His absence is enormous. Honestly didnt think it would be that bad without him the rest of the year. He showed what he means to this defense.

Bevell doesnt know how to make Baldwin and Graham the top guys. They should be the ones getting routes that are designed to get them open. Sprinkle in the stuff to Richardson and Lockett when he gets back. Kearse and Willson as the 4th or 5th read. I dont know how it is so difficult when it seems so easy? Probably is. That is why I am a fan and not a coach.

Hopefully this coaching staff gets looked at hard and realize they are the problem more than the players. Atlanta is backed up on their 1 yard line and what does Richard do? Off coverage zone for an easy 10 yard catch for Julio. Awful call.

I am glad the season is over. I need a break.
Tyty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your playoff thread got one page? Did 90% of your fans become Cowboys fans or something?
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Just not our year. Stats wont show it, but I thought Russell was great. Love what Dan Quinn is doing in Atlanta, they remind me in some ways of us when they won the super bowl but offensively. They have SO much young talent on offense, they wont be abke to keep all of it forever

outside of two misses, yup. I loved it

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Your playoff thread got one page? Did 90% of your fans become Cowboys fans or something?

I'll admit I wasn't active much in here this season. Most of the time I'm watching games out at a buddies house or at the local bar so it's a pain to keep checking the forums on my phone. But when I was home watching the games and on my laptop I was mostly talking with the guys in NFL Gen. I noticed I wasn't the only one who didn't spend much time in here though. A lot of people have been gone or not active much but it happens. I remember a few years ago I would make a point of sitting home every Sunday or whenever we played and sit here and talk to everyone. Kinda miss talking to all the fellas. Next season and this offseason I'm going to try to be a little more active.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Tyty wrote:

I'll admit I wasn't active much in here this season. Most of the time I'm watching games out at a buddies house or at the local bar so it's a pain to keep checking the forums on my phone. But when I was home watching the games and on my laptop I was mostly talking with the guys in NFL Gen. I noticed I wasn't the only one who didn't spend much time in here though. A lot of people have been gone or not active much but it happens. I remember a few years ago I would make a point of sitting home every Sunday or whenever we played and sit here and talk to everyone. Kinda miss talking to all the fellas. Next season and this offseason I'm going to try to be a little more active.

We were never huge in here, but social media is killing all message boards

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: