Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geronimo arrested for weed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driftwood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude gets stopped for going 11 over in a rental then presumably searched...

wish he didn't have anything on him but from the sound of it, this is pretty minor/petty stuff to get arrested for... I have a strong suspicious just going 11 over wasn't the actual reason he got pulled over

at the end of the day these guys just gotta be smarter... there is a target on them whether they accept it or not
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guion got caught up with most of a pound and he's still on the team. This guy had 2 blunts. Needs to show better judgement but lets not pretend this is a character issue.

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't see them cutting Allison unless his problems with weed get so bad he goes full Josh Gordon. Young as they come 🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶😆😊😊😊😊😊

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest immediate problem seems to be the distraction it's caused.

Great job reporting on this right before he's needed to come up big in the biggest game of the year.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
His days are likely numbered in GB than....This organization doesn't care for these kind of character issues or the bad publicity that come along with them.....

lol

Datone Jones says hi.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Michael Cohen's school of Packers journalism:

"Hmmm the Packers have won 6 in a row, time to stir some .... up.

2nd time. We sure he isnt a Vikings mole?

Is he going to cry when Rob Davis asks him why he is doing that like he did the last time?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
His days are likely numbered in GB than....This organization doesn't care for these kind of character issues or the bad publicity that come along with them.....

lol

Datone Jones says hi.

Yeah, the team that stood behind johnny jolly as he went to prison, rehab and whatever for distributing codeine is clearly not going to have any significant issue with a guy getting pulled over for speeding with a joint in his car one time.
skibrett15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I hate Cohen, it's still nice to know the actual facts and situations surrounding the players on the team.

That said, this is a big nothing unless it becomes a trend for Geronimo. It does mean he'll be in the substance abuse program and subject to a lot more testing, which carries the risk that he can't be smart and drop weed until he's out of the program.

Also, Damarious Randall was found in a car with weed (though Jaelen Strong was driving and took the charges).
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a rule against me posting while I'm in the hospital. I make absolutely no sense at all. Ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone who lives in Washington or Oregon chimed in yet to say how weed being illegal is so, like, 1957 and that the NFL and rest of the U.S. need to get with the times? If not, I can do that.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "the NFL stops caring about marijuana" is going to be a bargaining the owners are happy to dangle in front of the players in exchange for something, so I think there's only a few more years (new CBA in 2021, barring a lockout/strike) when this is even going to be an issue.

Like the NBA doesn't even test for it, and the world has not ended.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
There should be a rule against me posting while I'm in the hospital. I make absolutely no sense at all. Ever.

Is that an Antarctica flag emoji?

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I think "the NFL stops caring about marijuana" is going to be a bargaining the owners are happy to dangle in front of the players in exchange for something, so I think there's only a few more years (new CBA in 2021, barring a lockout/strike) where this is even going to be an issue.

Like the NBA doesn't even test for it, and the world has not ended.

That makes a lot of damn sense. I keep thinking it'll be a PR nightmare to let them do it. The fan basses of those sports aren't exactly identical as far as progressiveness goes
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
That makes a lot of damn sense. I keep thinking it'll be a PR nightmare to let them do it. The fan basses of those sports aren't exactly identical as far as progressiveness goes

I think you spin it by making an issue about how bad painkiller abuse is, particularly in terms of the long-term effects. Then you can point out that if players choose to self-medicate with a legal substance that does not enhance performance in any way, in lieu of dangerous painkillers, that's just fine. If it happens to not be legal wherever the player is, this isn't any of the NFL's business really since it doesn't make you better at football.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

I think you spin it by making an issue about how bad painkiller abuse is, particularly in terms of the long-term effects. Then you can point out that if players choose to self-medicate with a legal substance that does not enhance performance in any way, in lieu of dangerous painkillers, that's just fine. If it happens to not be legal wherever the player is, this isn't any of the NFL's business really since it doesn't make you better at football.

It's not a legal substance. It's terrible for you. But since it has one positive side effect that is particularly beneficial to football players that's exactly what they will do. They will gladly get rid of reporting players for weed, and get something far better in return. A win-win for the NFL.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: