Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Drafdt v.2017.2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Alright guys, point taken on Perry and Chandler Jones. As it relates to Perry, I greatly undervalued his production and I acknowledge that. He likely will replace Peppers as the starter opposite CM3.

He's already the starter opposite of Clay. In fact, the only LB who played a higher percent of the defensive snaps was Joe Thomas. He's gonna get paid, a ton too.

Was gonna say this. Peppers plays on passing downs and inside even quite a bit. Perry healthy was and is the starter opposite Clay

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Adoree is he doesn't immediately help our secondary. He is not ready to start. He has meh instincts, just a great athlete. Like Sam shields he is gonna take years to develop. Not that I don't like him, I do, but I think we have 2 guys at corner who still need time and I would kinda like one that is a little more pro ready, if available at 32.

[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
The problem with Adoree is he doesn't immediately help our secondary. He is not ready to start. He has meh instincts, just a great athlete. Like Sam shields he is gonna take years to develop. Not that I don't like him, I do, but I think we have 2 guys at corner who still need time and I would kinda like one that is a little more pro ready, if available at 32.

So your saying we're better off taking lesser talent / lower ceiling guy because it may take him some time?
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

So your saying we're better off taking lesser talent / lower ceiling guy because it may take him some time?

There's no guarentee Adoree even hits his ceiling.

I'd MUCH rather take a guy who's more polished at his game in round 1. For instance, Marshon Lattimore, Quincy Wilson, Sidney Jones, guys who do have high ceilings but at the same time are already more pro ready corners. Plus they have more size.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:

I don't think that's quite what he's saying. He's not advocating you take a lesser player because they're safer, rather than you have to weigh ceiling vs. floor.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

I don't think that's quite what he's saying. He's not advocating you take a lesser player because they're safer, rather than you have to weigh ceiling vs. floor.

But the high ceiling guys are the ones that are special
blankman0021

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

They are also not available late first often. And often they're the guys that bust hard rather than hit big. I think they're making the case of a HaHa over a N.Perry to bring it to our roster. Perry was spotty his first 3 years. He's finally playing well and now we owe him a mega deal. If he didn't get hurt so much he'd be getting top of position money. Still might due to demand.

HaHa though played Year 1 and you're getting high value in that first contract.
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

Don't know what happened with this last post. It didn't post my comment.

Anyway, I feel you miss out on the superstar more often and those guys are difference makers. I'm not sure HaHa is that. He's good and I'll take that player any day. My point is when you pass on a high ceiling low floor guy like Randy Moss, because ha may flame out, for Vonnie Holiday, (a safer pick) your happy with what you get but will always regret not taking Moss.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Also, as it relates to Adoree Jackson, that's about as good as it gets at #32. This is a top 10 pick who is going to drop, and that late I dunno if you are going to find a better option.

Jackson would play the slot (which is where Sam Shields played). Those receivers are typically smaller, faster and shifter. It's a rare skill set to be able to match up on the Wes Welker or Randall Dobbs of the world and I think Jackson is one of the few who could handle it, he may be the most athletic CB prospect in the entire draft and unlike most CBs that are this quick he is not lacking height.

Think a more playmaking version of Sam Shields...

Shields wasn't a slot corner. He was the boundary corner on the defense's right side, offense's left side. Sometimes he would shadow the best receiver, but in no way was he a slot corner.

You are right, though, that Jackson has elite measureables. I'm just not certain that he is a good corner yet. His athletic traits are there, but there will be better corners taken after him...at least to start.

Well, first of all, GB has in the past taken prospects that needed time to reach their ceiling. But secondly, I'd like to know who specifically you think taken later will be better.

Once again, this is a top 10 pick that is going to fall. If anything, you could say I'm being unrealistic about him falling all the way to #32.

Right now CBS has Adoree Jackson as the 54'th best prospect in the draft. You can dispute their rankings all you want, but I've found their stuff to be pretty good.

Adoree didn't make Pro Football Focus top 32 list.
He didn't make SI's top 10 list of draft prospects at corner.
I think that DraftTek has him as the 18'th best player int he draft.

If GB is picking 32nd....I'm hoping one of these three are there, for corners....Jones, Lattimore or Tankersly.

Outside of them, I think Howard at TE maybe a better pick. I dig Corey Davis at WR at that pick. Maybe even Ju Ju. And I have to admit to having a little man crush on McKinley and Lawson.

If Adoree were better at corner, showing more instincts, and uninjured, then maybe he's up higher. But he isn't. Kid is a project at corner. Not that we haven't done well with project corners in the past, but I'd like the first round pick to NOT be a project. But as I said, someone will love him for just the athletic traits.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Also, as it relates to Adoree Jackson, that's about as good as it gets at #32. This is a top 10 pick who is going to drop, and that late I dunno if you are going to find a better option.

Jackson would play the slot (which is where Sam Shields played). Those receivers are typically smaller, faster and shifter. It's a rare skill set to be able to match up on the Wes Welker or Randall Dobbs of the world and I think Jackson is one of the few who could handle it, he may be the most athletic CB prospect in the entire draft and unlike most CBs that are this quick he is not lacking height.

Think a more playmaking version of Sam Shields...

Shields wasn't a slot corner. He was the boundary corner on the defense's right side, offense's left side. Sometimes he would shadow the best receiver, but in no way was he a slot corner.

You are right, though, that Jackson has elite measureables. I'm just not certain that he is a good corner yet. His athletic traits are there, but there will be better corners taken after him...at least to start.

Well, first of all, GB has in the past taken prospects that needed time to reach their ceiling. But secondly, I'd like to know who specifically you think taken later will be better.

Once again, this is a top 10 pick that is going to fall. If anything, you could say I'm being unrealistic about him falling all the way to #32.

Right now CBS has Adoree Jackson as the 54'th best prospect in the draft. You can dispute their rankings all you want, but I've found their stuff to be pretty good.

Adoree didn't make Pro Football Focus top 32 list.
He didn't make SI's top 10 list of draft prospects at corner.
I think that DraftTek has him as the 18'th best player int he draft.

If GB is picking 32nd....I'm hoping one of these three are there, for corners....Jones, Lattimore or Tankersly.

Outside of them, I think Howard at TE maybe a better pick. I dig Corey Davis at WR at that pick. Maybe even Ju Ju. And I have to admit to having a little man crush on McKinley and Lawson.

If Adoree were better at corner, showing more instincts, and uninjured, then maybe he's up higher. But he isn't. Kid is a project at corner. Not that we haven't done well with project corners in the past, but I'd like the first round pick to NOT be a project. But as I said, someone will love him for just the athletic traits.

I'd be surprised if JuJu, Howardor Cory Davis are there when we pick even if we lose this week. I also think the injury will push Adoree to the second round where we "might" be able to sneak him there with our pick.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:

Anyway, I feel you miss out on the superstar more often and those guys are difference makers. I'm not sure HaHa is that. He's good and I'll take that player any day. My point is when you pass on a high ceiling low floor guy like Randy Moss, because ha may flame out, for Vonnie Holiday, (a safer pick) your happy with what you get but will always regret not taking Moss.

That's not always true. I mean, JaMarcus Russell was arguably the most impressive QB physically and had a massive ceiling and he fell on his face. Troy Williamson ran a 4.32 40 and he fell flat on his face. I mean, the draft is littered with players who were impressive physically with high ceilings that amounted to virtually nothing, and players with limited upside that became stars.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

Yupp. If Adoree is there and say, Conley is there as well. Lattimore and Humphrey both gone. With the players we have on our secondary, I would have a hard time taking Adoree over Conley. I don't see Adoree's ceiling as much higher than Conley, and his floor is way lower, plus you won't get much out of him at the start of his career.

2015 we took 2 corners with higher ceilings and low floors in Randall and Rollins. I am not an advocate of taking a 3rd in 3 years in the first 2 rounds.

That being said, Jalen Tabor is a kid I am liking more and more with our pick. I think Lattimore - Humphrey - Conley are all gone by our pick. Tabor and Wilson have a chance to slide. I really love the idea of adding a solid man corner to this roster with losing Shields.

[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
cooters22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't argue with any of your picks, with the first two being great. I could actually see us going corner, early and often again. Like 2 in the first 2,3,4 rounds.
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

That's not always true. I mean, JaMarcus Russell was arguably the most impressive QB physically and had a massive ceiling and he fell on his face. Troy Williamson ran a 4.32 40 and he fell flat on his face. I mean, the draft is littered with players who were impressive physically with high ceilings that amounted to virtually nothing, and players with limited upside that became stars.

True but that's the point with high ceiling low floor. I'll take a chance with a Moss and hope I don't get Williamson. Can you win a super bowl with 22 Vonnie Holiday's?
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
I can't argue with any of your picks, with the first two being great. I could actually see us going corner, early and often again. Like 2 in the first 2,3,4 rounds.

Do you really think they spend 2 picks in the top 4 rounds on CB? With Randall, Rollins, Gunter, Dorleant and Goodson do we need another CB at the back end? I mean they also have this Baxter kid on the roster too. All those guys are young and I feel we only need a top end guy to push the rest down the pecking order. But, you never know how the board falls. I don't think they'll be looking for a second CB that high but what happens if Tabor slides to our first and Adore is there at say... our 3rd? Dang. Then you'd be right for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: