Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Drafdt v.2017.2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
Perry will not be cheap...

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I know he's had his best year, I just don't see teams spending big time money on him. Not saying he's going to sign for the vet minimum or anything, but I do think he'll be affordable.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
DocHambone wrote:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I know he's had his best year, I just don't see teams spending big time money on him. Not saying he's going to sign for the vet minimum or anything, but I do think he'll be affordable.

Define affordable.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
DocHambone wrote:

Define affordable.

Somewhere in the vicinity of his yearly salary now, just spread out over a few years...

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
DocHambone wrote:

Define affordable.

Somewhere in the vicinity of his yearly salary now, just spread out over a few years...

That was like 5? I think he'll get more than that myself. I hope so!
Cadmus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
DocHambone wrote:

Define affordable.

Not a snowball's chance in hell Perry will be re-signed at 5 per.

Nick Perry had the 4th highest sack rate (per game played) in the NFL this season.

Would you like to know the 3 names above him? Hint: It doesn't include Chandler Jones.

Von Miller. Vic Beasley. Joey Bosa.

We're looking at an 8-10 average for Perry on a 4 year deal. It could very well be closer to the high end of that because the Packers aren't going to let him leave.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
DocHambone wrote:

Define affordable.

Not a snowball's chance in hell Perry will be re-signed at 5 per.

Nick Perry had the 4th highest sack rate (per game played) in the NFL this season.

Would you like to know the 3 names above him? Hint: It doesn't include Chandler Jones.

Von Miller. Vic Beasley. Joey Bosa.

We're looking at an 8-10 average for Perry on a 4 year deal. It could very well be closer to the high end of that because the Packers aren't going to let him leave.

Deja vu

I was trying to be nice. He's not going to be cheap.

That being said ill take the flier on Jones. Which is the most extreme opinion I'll have all year
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

Deja vu

I was trying to be nice. He's not going to be cheap.

That being said ill take the flier on Jones. Which is the most extreme opinion I'll have all year

Damn, I need to ease up then.

I don't want to become the new Norm. Wink
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona has stated that they will franchise Chandler Jones. Doubtful that he hits free agency. That's the bad news. The good new is that their monster DT, Calais Campell, should hit free agency. Stuffs the run and gets sacks, and is just 30.

Perry will be a minimum of $7M year in my book, and given that my book is typically 33% under where contracts come in, that would mean he will be closer to $9M.

If Lang comes back, that's a lot of coin, too.

As far as the draft picks? I don't like the first round kid. More of an athlete right now than a corner. Betting on the upside is fine, but I'd rather not do it in the first round. There will be better corners and better overall players there.

But, I love reading stuff like this, thanks for the thoughts!
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yes, I prefer giving free agent contracts out to "over the hill" veterans hungry for a ring that won't get that "only 25-27" free agent money.

We have had incredible returns on those third contract type players. Peppers, Cook, Woodson, Pickett... No reason to deviate away from what's worked.
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
^Yes, I prefer giving free agent contracts out to "over the hill" veterans hungry for a ring that won't get that "only 25-27" free agent money.

We have had incredible returns on those third contract type players. Peppers, Cook, Woodson, Pickett... No reason to deviate away from what's worked.

Gotta be the right kind of person and player. Campbell kind of fits that. But, given his production, I think he is going to get some serious money... if he hits the market. But dang, it is fun to dream.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys, point taken on Perry and Chandler Jones. As it relates to Perry, I greatly undervalued his production and I acknowledge that. He likely will replace Peppers as the starter opposite CM3.

I guess as it relates to Chandler Jones, I'm of the opinion that as close as this team is to winning another championship, it'd be wise to invest in FA to get us "over the hump." While I have been a HUGE TT fan, one thing that excites me about a John Dorsey or Elliott Wolf talking over is that we likely are going to start seeing some of these dips into the FA market.

Jones was my thought as that guy, those are probably right it is a pipedream. I do think we'll see a little bit of these dips with the new regime. Just MO.

daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, as it relates to Adoree Jackson, that's about as good as it gets at #32. This is a top 10 pick who is going to drop, and that late I dunno if you are going to find a better option.

Jackson would play the slot (which is where Sam Shields played). Those receivers are typically smaller, faster and shifter. It's a rare skill set to be able to match up on the Wes Welker or Randall Dobbs of the world and I think Jackson is one of the few who could handle it, he may be the most athletic CB prospect in the entire draft and unlike most CBs that are this quick he is not lacking height.

Think a more playmaking version of Sam Shields...

CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Alright guys, point taken on Perry and Chandler Jones. As it relates to Perry, I greatly undervalued his production and I acknowledge that. He likely will replace Peppers as the starter opposite CM3.

He's already the starter opposite of Clay. In fact, the only LB who played a higher percent of the defensive snaps was Joe Thomas. He's gonna get paid, a ton too.

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I just like to feel like Yadier Molina is hugging me as I sleep.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Also, as it relates to Adoree Jackson, that's about as good as it gets at #32. This is a top 10 pick who is going to drop, and that late I dunno if you are going to find a better option.

Jackson would play the slot (which is where Sam Shields played). Those receivers are typically smaller, faster and shifter. It's a rare skill set to be able to match up on the Wes Welker or Randall Dobbs of the world and I think Jackson is one of the few who could handle it, he may be the most athletic CB prospect in the entire draft and unlike most CBs that are this quick he is not lacking height.

Shields wasn't a slot corner. He was the boundary corner on the defense's right side, offense's left side. Sometimes he would shadow the best receiver, but in no way was he a slot corner.

You are right, though, that Jackson has elite measureables. I'm just not certain that he is a good corner yet. His athletic traits are there, but there will be better corners taken after him...at least to start.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

Shields wasn't a slot corner. He was the boundary corner on the defense's right side, offense's left side. Sometimes he would shadow the best receiver, but in no way was he a slot corner.

You are right, though, that Jackson has elite measureables. I'm just not certain that he is a good corner yet. His athletic traits are there, but there will be better corners taken after him...at least to start.

Well, first of all, GB has in the past taken prospects that needed time to reach their ceiling. But secondly, I'd like to know who specifically you think taken later will be better.

Once again, this is a top 10 pick that is going to fall. If anything, you could say I'm being unrealistic about him falling all the way to #32.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: