Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Drafdt v.2017.2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19885
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Daintrain28's Mock Drafdt v.2017.2.0 Reply with quote

Those of us who were posting here in 2010 can tell you straight up, there was a new mock every minute. People were excited about the run and obsessing over the team.

This team strikes a noticeable resemblance to that team getting hot at the right moment. The plethora of mocks worked then, I say we bring it back...

Scenario:
~Green Bay wins Super Bowl LI
~We are awarded the #32nd overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft

Front Office Changes:
~Ted Thompson retires as GM of the Green Bay Packers


At 63 years of age, one has to think this change is coming sooner rather than later. Thompson has been at it for over a decade, it’s probably time to let someone else have the reigns.

~John Dorsey is hired as his replacement


It seems more and more likely to me this move will happen. Dorsey comes from the “Packer Family Tree,” and is a former lieutenant of Thompson. He brings a similar front office philosophy but is slightly more aggressive in FA. Great fit!

Resigned:
~Nick Perry OLB


Really starting to show why he was a 1st round draft pick and playing well recently. Shouldn’t be expensive.

~Datone Jones OLB


Ditto. I’m really thinking OLB is more of a natural position for Jones given his athleticism, it’d be nice to rely on him more in a starting role, opposite CM3 of course.

~Jared Cook TE


Injuries have derailed an otherwise promising marriage of a talented pass catcher paired and one of the best QBs in the game. Cook stay possesses the athletic promise that makes him so intriguing, and he likely will be cheap. Give him another one year “show me” contract.

~Micah Hyde DB


It would be wise not to part with our secondary. We have a good, young group that has potential to turn into one of the best in football. Hyde adds excellent depth at both CB and S, plus he has value as a return man.

~Eddie Lacy RB


Inexpensive due to injuries and worth another shot with the team...

Retirement/Cut/Not Resigned:
~Julius Peppers: Be sad to see him go, but I think he’s retiring.
~Sam Shields: When you are talking about this many concussions, I don’t see how he doesn’t do what’s best for him and retire.
~James Starks: Between Montgomery, Lacy and now Michael, I just see James Starks as the odd man out. Likely won’t happen until final roster cuts in TC.

Free Agency:
Chandler Jones OLB Arizona


Dorsey immediately makes his presence known in GB and goes after one of the best pass rushers on the market. Replacing Peppers is not going to be easy, but Jones may very well be an upgrade.

Jones is still only 26 years old, and has been widely productive. He will form one of the best pass rushing duos in all of football with CM3.

The Draft:
With the 32nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Adoree Jackson CB/RS USC
5'11" 185 lbs. 4.32/40


Some talk his draft stock taking a hit due to injury sustained in Rose Bowl. Bad for him, but great for us!

GB is one shutdown CB away from having a defense that - when healthy - can rival the big boys in the NFL. Jackson may very well be that guy. He has the elite speed and quickness to play in a role similar to that of Sam Shields, and also can add something to the return game.

Extremely fast and quick, has had an outstanding season at USC. Paired with Randall and Rollins, Jackson can help finish off our defense and gives us a dynamic element in the return game.

With the 64th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Evan Engram TE Ole Miss
6’3” 235 lbs. 4.6/40


Prototypical size and speed. Excellent route runner who could be an excellent threat in the passing game, especially in the red zone.

Green Bay’s TE production has struggled ever since Finley’s career ended. It would be wise to give a HOF QB a weapon of this magnitude.

With the 96th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma
6’0” 175 lbs. 4.44/40


Cobb and Nelson’s injury problems make WR a little bit of a need. Westbrook is intriguing. Put up decent numbers at Oklahoma and has nice speed and size. Needs to add some weight, but has the frame to do so.

With the 140th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Vincent Taylor NT Oklahoma St.
6'3" 310 lbs. 5.09/40


Extremely intriguing DL prospect. Thick and stout against the run and can fill in at NT, but is deceptively athletic and gets at the QB. Really could fill in well all along the DL.

Worth a shot to replace the recently cut Mike Pennel.

With the 175th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Greg Pyke T/G Georgia
6'6" 313 lbs. 5.2/40


A lot of intrigue to this prospect. Thicker but has that elite athleticism to play in a ZBS. Should add some much needed depth to our OL at both G positions and RT

With the 212th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Josh Harvey-Clemons S Louisville
6’4” 228 lbs. 4.59/40


When you get this late in the draft it’s all about rolling the dice. Harvey-Clemons is a former top recruit at Georgia where things didn’t work out. This has caused his stock to drop.

He still has the elite size, speed and physicality one looks for in a S at the next level and realistically could be a replacement for Morgan Burnett down the road. Worth taking a flier on this late...

With the 214th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Will Holden T Vanderbilt
6’7” 313 lbs. 5.15/40


Elite size and speed that should add some depth to our OL. Could be a real nice sleeper this late...
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 16876
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many questions.

Does Ted stay in any capacity?

Why retain Jones and Perry at OLB. Say you'll rely on Jones more as a starter opposite clay. Then sign Chandler?

Does Arizona not have the money to keep him btw? It seems all too pipe dreamy.

Why no Christine Michael Sad

Do they really list Jackson at 5 11. He looks small.

Speaking of small Dede is built like a ballerina and he beats women. Pass. Then again maybe he's the next Tyreek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19885
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
So many questions.

Does Ted stay in any capacity?

Why retain Jones and Perry at OLB. Say you'll rely on Jones more as a starter opposite clay. Then sign Chandler?

Does Arizona not have the money to keep him btw? It seems all too pipe dreamy.

Why no Christine Michael Sad

Do they really list Jackson at 5 11. He looks small.

Speaking of small Dede is built like a ballerina and he beats women. Pass. Then again maybe he's the next Tyreek


~I dunno if TT stays, TBH, I'm fine either way.
~You retain Jones and Perry bc they likely aren't going to be expensive. Pass rushing is largely about motor, which can be affected by fatigue. Perry and Jones aren't going to be expensive and they know our system and would give the starters opportunities to stay fresh.
~I dunno if Arizona has the money or not, crazier things have happened in FA and really as close as we are, we'd be smart to invest a little in that D to keep it elite.
~I admit I shouldn't have listed Datone as a starter, that was a mistake from a previous script.
~Christine Michael was an oversight, but I listed him as the reason Starks gets dumped.
~Jackson is listed as 5'11"
~I didn't know about the domestic abuse with Cede, but with his 6'0" frame, he should be able to add some weight...
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DocHambone


Joined: 12 Sep 2016
Posts: 355
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry will not be cheap...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 16876
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
So many questions.

Does Ted stay in any capacity?

Why retain Jones and Perry at OLB. Say you'll rely on Jones more as a starter opposite clay. Then sign Chandler?

Does Arizona not have the money to keep him btw? It seems all too pipe dreamy.

Why no Christine Michael Sad

Do they really list Jackson at 5 11. He looks small.

Speaking of small Dede is built like a ballerina and he beats women. Pass. Then again maybe he's the next Tyreek


~I dunno if TT stays, TBH, I'm fine either way.
~You retain Jones and Perry bc they likely aren't going to be expensive. Pass rushing is largely about motor, which can be affected by fatigue. Perry and Jones aren't going to be expensive and they know our system and would give the starters opportunities to stay fresh.
~I dunno if Arizona has the money or not, crazier things have happened in FA and really as close as we are, we'd be smart to invest a little in that D to keep it elite.
~I admit I shouldn't have listed Datone as a starter, that was a mistake from a previous script.
~Christine Michael was an oversight, but I listed him as the reason Starks gets dumped.
~Jackson is listed as 5'11"
~I didn't know about the domestic abuse with Cede, but with his 6'0" frame, he should be able to add some weight...


I get retaining them. I just thought it was weird to say "more of a starting role next to Clay." Then make sure he's the 4th guy in the rotation.

I keep hearing Collins and Chandler, and I just don't think either hit FA myself. But I haven't looked at money.

Sweet. Michael is the man.

Do you think Jackson is actually 5'11?

Dede was never convicted, you can Google it though and see what they said happened. I just hate skinny legged WRs, hate hate hate hate hate hate. We drafted one last year and I let myself try to like him and still hope he ends up being a player. But I don't have much faith.

I echo Doc in saying he won't be "cheap." Especially with what's on the market, or what I think will be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 9017
Location: Hunting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously Dain?

I have Jackson and Engram as my 1 & 2. Thanks for making me change that.

Not a fan of Datone at all. He's clearly very immature and I believe he's out of position in the 34.

Thanks for the read.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 1693
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happened to Tretter and Lang?

BTW you guys REALLY need to watch Jackson's game vs Utah before you tout him as a surefire 1st Rd Pick. IIRC Tim Patrick basically destroyed Jackson all game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 9017
Location: Hunting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
So what happened to Tretter and Lang?

BTW you guys REALLY need to watch Jackson's game vs Utah before you tout him as a surefire 1st Rd Pick. IIRC Tim Patrick basically destroyed Jackson all game.

That's fine. I generally will throw out a players best and worst games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 1693
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
So what happened to Tretter and Lang?

BTW you guys REALLY need to watch Jackson's game vs Utah before you tout him as a surefire 1st Rd Pick. IIRC Tim Patrick basically destroyed Jackson all game.

That's fine. I generally will throw out a players best and worst games.


Well... Tim Patrick is considered an NFL talent. He also gave up a 70 yard TD vs John Ross and would have given up another 70 yard TD if Browning could have hit Ross in stride. Ross would have ended up with about 200 yards vs Jackson.

I mean I understand why people see a potential high level CB, but he's kind of like Darby in 2015 (in terms of being NFL ready). I liked Darby a good bit more than I like Jackson, but to each his own.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 2228
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm not a fan of Jackson, in the first round. Love his playmaking ability/return skills but hate his size.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 18125
Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we got money for perry, datone, lacy, cook & a big name FA?

cant comment on the draft as i know nothing. but seems good in theory.
_________________

a nice man that goes under the alias Jaguarfan made this for me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19885
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Seriously Dain?

I have Jackson and Engram as my 1 & 2. Thanks for making me change that.

Not a fan of Datone at all. He's clearly very immature and I believe he's out of position in the 34.

Thanks for the read.


Great minds think alike! Laughing

I think Datone has been relatively productive in a 3-4. I agree he's not cut out to be a RDE, but OLB, I dunno I think for how cheap he is likely going to be it's worth it, just my two cents...
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19885
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
So what happened to Tretter and Lang?

BTW you guys REALLY need to watch Jackson's game vs Utah before you tout him as a surefire 1st Rd Pick. IIRC Tim Patrick basically destroyed Jackson all game.


~OMG, can't believe I forgot them, ya my bad. Of course they're getting resigned.
~We are talking about the end of the first round here. Jackson was being talked about as a top 10 pick prior to his injury.

Respectfully, even top 10 picks have bad games. Wink
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19885
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Yeah I'm not a fan of Jackson, in the first round. Love his playmaking ability/return skills but hate his size.


5'11" and you hate his size...5'11" is not bad...
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19885
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
we got money for perry, datone, lacy, cook & a big name FA?

cant comment on the draft as i know nothing. but seems good in theory.


Well Perry, D. Jones, Lacy and Cook likely aren't going to be expensive. Plus the cap goes up every year. I truly think we do, I really do...
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group