You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders not retaining OC Musgave; Promoting QB Coach Downing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
lmao! What a joke of a franchise. I'm guessing Musgrave goes on to become a more successful HC than Of the River can ever hope to be.

Funnily enough I hope more than anything he becomes the next HC of the Oregon Ducks so it cuts extra deep when you find out he has ZERO business being a HC anywhere. Teams could do worse for an OC, but he's not some offensive mastermind. He's damn sure not a head coach.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
I wouldn't mind him joining the Broncos as an OC. He actually played here and backed up Elway for few years.

I'd love him to join Denver. We've seen him as the OC of bad QBs and we know how that story ends.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just doesnt make sense at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
This just doesnt make sense at all.

It actually does. Especially with Musgrave gunning for that Cal head coach job. We didn't want to take the chance of losing both Downing and Musgrave
Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
lmao! What a joke of a franchise. I'm guessing Musgrave goes on to become a more successful HC than Of the River can ever hope to be.

Funnily enough I hope more than anything he becomes the next HC of the Oregon Ducks so it cuts extra deep when you find out he has ZERO business being a HC anywhere. Teams could do worse for an OC, but he's not some offensive mastermind. He's damn sure not a head coach.

He may not be an NFL calibre HC - but Oregon Ducks can only dream of a guy like Musgrave showing up to coach his squad of bums.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

He may not be an NFL calibre HC - but Oregon Ducks can only dream of a guy like Musgrave showing up to coach his squad of bums.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was either lose Musgrave or Downing. Downing won QB Coach of the Year in 2015 and is the main one responsible for Carrs success besides Carr himself. Downing was also going to receive multiple OC Interviews.

While Musgrave gets a lot of unwarranted hate, and I wouldn't of minded if we kept him, he was jus too conservative until the 4th QTR. He did not get aggressive until crunch time which is why like 9 of our 12 wins were 4th QTR comebacks. If Carr wasn't so clutch we'd be no where close to 12-4.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:
I wouldn't mind him joining the Broncos as an OC. He actually played here and backed up Elway for few years.

I'd love him to join Denver. We've seen him as the OC of bad QBs and we know how that story ends.

...how it usually does for offenses with bad QBs? Not well?
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
91jmay wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

10 pts a game bad?
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
91jmay wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

10 pts a game bad?

Well he ha a never coached under a real leader of men like Vance Joseph Laughing

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
91jmay wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

10 pts a game bad?

Well he ha a never coached under a real leader of men like Vance Joseph Laughing

This is great.

I find it interesting that Denver wanted Downing before we promoted him. If Joseph is really that bad, then I guess we got a bad OC Laughing . If he's good at spotting coaching talent, then Denver got a good HC and that's also bad Confused

I don't see a win for us here Laughing
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
91jmay wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

10 pts a game bad?

This is great.

I find it interesting that Denver wanted Downing before we promoted him. If Joseph is really that bad, then I guess we got a bad OC Laughing . If he's good at spotting coaching talent, then Denver got a good HC and that's also bad Confused

I don't see a win for us here Laughing

Doesn't take much of an eye to spot Downing. Carr's success put him on the map around the league.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
91jmay wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

10 pts a game bad?

I mean, yeah, McGloin and Cook really were that bad. Playing two great defenses with said bad QBs also a factor.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
91jmay wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

10 pts a game bad?

I mean, yeah, McGloin and Cook really were that bad. Playing two great defenses with said bad QBs also a factor.

He didn't mean just our team. Musgrave before having Carr finished in the Botton 20's in total Offense in almost all of his ten coordinator seasons. His best non Carr year? AP's MVP year in 2012 where the Viking Offense finished 14th.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: