Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders not retaining OC Musgave; Promoting QB Coach Downing
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Raiders not retaining OC Musgave; Promoting QB Coach Downing Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet

Sources: The #Raiders need a new offensive coordinator. Bill Musgrave not expected to return to the team for 2017. Had 6th ranked offense.

Quote:
@RapSheet

#Raiders former OC Bill Musgrave had a contract that was expiring. OAK lets it expire. May have an in-house candidate in QB Todd Downing.

Quote:
@JohnMiddlekauff

Todd Downing will be the next OC of the #Raiders, per source

I like this move personally. Although we were the 6th ranked O, Musgrave pissed a lot of Raider fans off with his questionable play-calling. We are promoting our QB coach Todd Downing to the OC apparently. He would be getting looks from other teams since he has done an amazing job with Carr, and we would risk losing him if we didn't promote him. I love this move for us.

... too bad we are apparently keeping Norton Jr as DC. Crying or Very sad

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikings bring him back to replace Scott Turner as their QB coach.

He was the QB coach under Shurmur in Philadelphia before he took the Raiders OC job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take him on the Jets

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he did a pretty good job but maybe he succeeeded because of talent. No matter how good an offense is, fans always hate their OCs.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
I think he did a pretty good job but maybe he succeeeded because of talent. No matter how good an offense is, fans always hate their OCs.

Very true. But some of the hate is warranted. RB draws on 3rd and long, awfully timed and executed screens, the inability to have Cooper and Crabtree both going off at once, conservative play-calling in general, etc. TI mean the dude called 3 on the same screen plays in the first couple series with Cook vs Houston. That gameplan was atrocious, rookie QB or not. his will sound homer, but I think he benefited off our offensive talent moreso than our talent benefited from him.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:

Most hated people in history of universe

1. Hitler
2. <insert name of your team's OC>

D#######
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:

Most hated people in history of universe

1. Hitler
2. <insert name of your team's OC>

Lol pretty much. Although it's warranted if your team has ever had Greg Knapp as OC. Raiders had him twice Shocked

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders not retaining OC Musgave; Promoting QB Coach Dow Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

Sources: The #Raiders need a new offensive coordinator. Bill Musgrave not expected to return to the team for 2017. Had 6th ranked offense.

Quote:
@RapSheet

#Raiders former OC Bill Musgrave had a contract that was expiring. OAK lets it expire. May have an in-house candidate in QB Todd Downing.

Quote:
@JohnMiddlekauff

Todd Downing will be the next OC of the #Raiders, per source

I like this move personally. Although we were the 6th ranked O, Musgrave pissed a lot of Raider fans off with his questionable play-calling. We are promoting our QB coach Todd Downing to the OC apparently. He would be getting looks from other teams since he has done an amazing job with Carr, and we would risk losing him if we didn't promote him. I love this move for us.

... too bad we are apparently keeping Norton Jr as DC. Crying or Very sad

Literally every fan base thinks their play calling sucks.

Nacho Simulation Football League
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ok with the move. Musgrave isn't terrible but he didn't play to our offensive strengths for much of the year. He is an average OC I would say.

Not going to pretend Downing will come in and take us to the next level. I have no idea.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you fire a guy(or don't renew the contract of a guy, whatever) who produced a top 5/top 3 offense with a healthy Carr, but keep the DC who produced the joke that is the Raiders defense despite all the talent on it? Laughing

Just when you think maybe Jack Del Rio gets it as a head coach, stuff like this happens. Just as clueless as he was in Jacksonville.

#MTGA
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know how much is gonna change.

My main issue with musgrave....

-how non agressive they were. There were numerous times where the offense was clicking on one drive, they were in rythem, looked great, they scored a td to take a lead.....and then absolutely hid in a shell for the next couple of drives until eventually the other team took the lead, and then they turned it on again. The offense had many chances to put defenses away and they let their foot off the gas

- hated the lack of plays down the field

- hated all the bubble screens. They never fuarkin worked. Only time was vs san diego last year

And always lold at people said "musgrave had a great season" when any monkey could of been good with the talent we had on o.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get on Jack's bad side.

^^el ramster^^
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao! What a joke of a franchise. I'm guessing Musgrave goes on to become a more successful HC than Of the River can ever hope to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
So you fire a guy(or don't renew the contract of a guy, whatever) who produced a top 5/top 3 offense with a healthy Carr, but keep the DC who produced the joke that is the Raiders defense despite all the talent on it? Laughing

Just when you think maybe Jack Del Rio gets it as a head coach, stuff like this happens. Just as clueless as he was in Jacksonville.

Keeping our DC was bad, but you're clueless if you think Musgrave was the reason for the Raider's success. Our qb coach Downing had 3 or 4 other OC offers and we chose to keep him and keep some continuity with the old playbook while getting rid of a coordinator who lacked awareness with his play calls at times and get to keep the good plays that he has available.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
lmao! What a joke of a franchise. I'm guessing Musgrave goes on to become a more successful HC than Of the River can ever hope to be.

LOL you been waiting all season to talk bad about the 12-4 Raiders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: