Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Way, Way to early Mock 2017 but time to slammed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandyf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Way, Way to early Mock 2017 but time to slammed Reply with quote

1. Cleveland Browns: Dashaun Watson - QB - Clemson - Browns aren't going to not take a QB this year
2. San Francisco 49ers: Mitch Trubisky - QB - North Carolina - they have to have a QB
3. Chicago Bears: Myles Garrett - Edge - Texas A&M - unless they trade down this is where the Fox goes
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Fournette - RB - LSU - running game needs lots of help
5. Tennessee Titans: Mike Williams - WR - Clemson - to dynamic a player not to give to Mariotta
6. New York Jets: Teez Tabor - CB - Florida - secondary needs improvement
7. San Diego Chargers: Jonathan Allen - DL - Alabama - could use a safety but pairing Allen w/Bosa to much to pass
8. Carolina Panthers: Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama - must protect QB better
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Rueben Foster - LB - Alabama - makes the D better
10. Buffalo Bills: Jamal Adams - S - LSU - could go CB or OL here but Adams the best available
11. New Orleans Saints: Derek Barnett - DE - Tennessee - have to keep improving the D
12. Cleveland Browns: Tim Williams - Edge - Alabama - leader for the defense
13. Arizona Cardinals: Deshon Kizer - QB - Notre Dame - have to be ready when Palmer goes down
14. Indianapolis Colts: Ryan Ramcyzk - OT - Wisconsin - if they don't upgrade OL then Luck isn't going to last
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Dalvin Cook - RB - FSU - need a consistent big back
16. Baltimore Ravens: Malik Hooker - FS -Ohio State - should fit great with that D
17. Washington Redskins: Solomon Thomas - DL- Stanford - tough choice either OL, DL or RB
18. Tennessee Titans: Jabrill Peppers - S/LB/PR/KR - Michigan - adds a great dimension to the D
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: John Ross - WR - Washington - need a guy to compliment Evans
20. Denver Broncos: O.J. Howard - TE - Alabama - should be the safety blanket for any QB
21. Detroit Lions: Corey Davis - WR - W. Michigan - need a better WR for Stafford to be successful
22. Miami Dolphins: Sidney Jones - CB - Washington - would help the secondary much
23. New York Giants: Taco Charlton - DE - Michigan - with JPP possibly going elsewhere need someone like him
24. Oakland Raiders: Marlon Humphrey - CB - Alabama - this is a must for the Raiders
(TBD)
25. Houston Texans: Roderick Johnson - OT - FSU - have to give QB time to throw
26. Seattle Seahawks: Quenton Nelson - G - Notre Dame - OL in dire need of improvement
27. Green Bay Packers: Marshon Lattimore - CB - OSU - have issues in the secondary
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Carl Lawson - DE/OLB - Auburn - need the depth here due to failed choices
29. Atlanta Falcons: Malik McDowell - DL - MSU - continuing to build the D
30. Kansas City Chiefs: Christian McCaffrey - RB - Stanford - Charles is done, need a three down back
31. New England Patriots: Takkarist McKinley - Edge - UCLA - he is born to be with Bill
32. Dallas Cowboys: Juju Smith-Schuster - WR - USC - need a better compliment to Bryant

Rest of Dallas draft:
Trade with Chicago, Bears get #64, #96, Romo; Cowboys get #36, #67, 4th round pick
36. Tanoh Kpassagnon - DE - Villanova - bit of a project but can't count on Gregory
67. Chidobe Awuzie - CB - Colorado - could be a very good CB
4th. Jake Butt - TE - Michigan - ACL injury most likely puts him on IR for 2017
4th. Jarron Jones - DT - Notre Dame - has the talent but has to stay healthy
5th. Eddie Jackson - S - Alabama - coming off a broken leg but has much the same skills as Jones
7th. Ben Boulware - ILB/OLB - Clemson - say he to slow but his instincts and football ability are off the charts
7th. Will Holden - OT - Vanderbilt - smart, football guy that could develop into a RT or swing OT
Lasus83

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers are not taking Cam Robinson...

Dude isn't worthy of a 1st round pick, much less a top 10.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Browns fan, I want to punch you.

Both of those players belong in the 3rd round.

Tim Williams is a 1-trick pony with off the field issues. Terrible against the run, only effective as a speed rusher off the edge. Lacks length, and is an overrated athlete playing with superstars on that D.

Deshaun Watson is not a pro QB. He's going to measure in under 6'2, he turns the ball over too much, doesn't read the field, and has accuracy issues in the intermediate range, where most NFL throws are going to be made.

This, sir, is a nightmare.

#1--Myles Garrett
#12--Malik Hooker

Good day to you, sir.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the Mike Williams pick but not a fan of Peppers. Honestly I'd rather have a combo of Reuben Foster/Jamal Adams at 5 and Marshon Lattimore at 18. They have to fix this defense.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't get mad at the Fournette pick because I could definitely see it happening.

Him or Dalvin if we would go the RB route.

^^el ramster^^
KingBishop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please for Denver

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
RTD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a nice job overall but Tony Romo is not getting your cowboys the 36 pick in this draft. They will be lucky to get a round 6 pick for him.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Foster. Him or Barnett is who I want as of now

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Browns fan and I hate you and everything you stand for. Only a moron would have Deshaun going #1

Vince Lombardi
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW and BleedTheClock

Please re-read the rules for posting on FF.

We want to promote a culture of respectful interaction not threats of violence or insults. Any further posts like yours above that I see, I will bring a warning to Webby to let him determine your future on this site.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry some are upset, just a mock. Frankly, none of us know what the front office of any team is really going to do.

I do agree that I wouldn't select Watson #1 but then again I wouldn't have selected Goff #1 last year either. I always look at a mock draft and then the real draft when team select as to why. Most of the time it is about what we believe is correct but what a team does based on $$.

Would Watson generate excitement in Cleveland? Probably for many fans wanting to get excitement for the team and a sense of hope. A pick like that brings money into the organization also, something that whether we like it or not is important in their thinking. Do I agree, heck no. I would go Garrett in a heartbeat, I just don't see the Browns making that decision but I do hope they do.

As to Watson being an NFL QB, well lest we forget Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Dak Prescott were not looked upon by the majority of teams of being an NFL QB in the long run and how it that turn out. Don't sell Watson short, he just may be far better that you think. As to snap under center, Prescott never did it either and if you watch most teams, roughly 50 percent of the snaps now are not under center, so it plays both ways.

Anyway, like everyone else, I will either change this mock in a few days/weeks or post another one. I don't take offense to the comments, actually enjoy them because we are all fans and always want our team to do better. As to Romo being worth a 2nd round choice, hey I can dream can't I.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I love Foster. Him or Barnett is who I want as of now

Exactly this. All day long.

As far as Cleveland and Watson, I can't see it. Cleveland will take Garrett at 1 and could still use Williams at 12. Watson will probably fall that far at least.

Truthfully, there are also a few QBs they could trade for and not have to use a first round pick to obtain. We have McCarron, the Pats are dangling Garrapolo (but if I was in the browns FO, no way I'm giving up a 1st and 4th), plus a few other names. In other words, draft the top players while you have the chance, then trade one or two of their other 14 picks to get your guy.
BlitzKarma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR might be the ONLY position group the Lions DO NOT need.

If you want to help Mathew Stafford, get him a RB!!!
vstarr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bills Pick! GO BILLS Very Happy

Bills for life!!!!!!!!RIP Yusef Abdullah aka Big Sef 03/12/80 - 04/26/09
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
As a Browns fan, I want to punch you.

Both of those players belong in the 3rd round.

Tim Williams is a 1-trick pony with off the field issues. Terrible against the run, only effective as a speed rusher off the edge. Lacks length, and is an overrated athlete playing with superstars on that D.

Deshaun Watson is not a pro QB. He's going to measure in under 6'2, he turns the ball over too much, doesn't read the field, and has accuracy issues in the intermediate range, where most NFL throws are going to be made.

This, sir, is a nightmare.

#1--Myles Garrett
#12--Malik Hooker

Good day to you, sir.

I have to agree. Yes Cleveland needs a QB but not at these costs. We have the first overall in a weak QB draft. For Garrett and Hooker. They are sure bets to strengthen a weak defense. If someone like Trub, Kizer, Watson, etc. falls to the late first then maybe we trade our 2 2nds to move up.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: