Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marrone's staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Pretty sure I saw Silver also tweet McCoy is #2/#3 on McDermotts OC list too...
I haven't seen anything linked to is, but for the point of noting, that's one I want no part of. I said Hackett was on the path of worst possible outcome insofar as enthusiasm for the hires, but McCoy might be my worst possible OC.

Blake, ARob and Hurns work best in an aggressive passing offense. Bort is never going to be a precision, methodical, chess match QB. He's gotta be aggressive, use his legs, and push the ball downfield. McCoy had one of the best downfield passers in the league in Rivers, and played ultra conservatively. Not something I would look forward to at all. I'd hope they're smart enough to recognize that though.

Thats true. Just saying if we're being linked to an OC it may not exactly be Hackett in that role yet.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
I haven't seen anything linked to is, but for the point of noting, that's one I want no part of. I said Hackett was on the path of worst possible outcome insofar as enthusiasm for the hires, but McCoy might be my worst possible OC.

Blake, ARob and Hurns work best in an aggressive passing offense. Bort is never going to be a precision, methodical, chess match QB. He's gotta be aggressive, use his legs, and push the ball downfield. McCoy had one of the best downfield passers in the league in Rivers, and played ultra conservatively. Not something I would look forward to at all. I'd hope they're smart enough to recognize that though.

Thats true. Just saying if we're being linked to an OC it may not exactly be Hackett in that role yet.
I thought it was more just saying he might go to Buffalo and leave Lynn open.

I haven't paid too much attention the the shuffling of OCs across the league yet.

I know Lynn, McCoy, Turner, the Raiders OC are all "hot names" available. Am I missing any?

Live life like you're down 3-1
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

I thought it was more just saying he might go to Buffalo and leave Lynn open.

I haven't paid too much attention the the shuffling of OCs across the league yet.

I know Lynn, McCoy, Turner, the Raiders OC are all "hot names" available. Am I missing any?

Not that come to mind.

Silver just tweeted again to look for the Bills, Denver, and Jax as destinations for McCoy.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy makes sense in Denver with their QB situation. Doesn't make any sense here imo.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
McCoy makes sense in Denver with their QB situation. Doesn't make any sense here imo.

Yeah, just would be nice to get a proven highly viewed offensive mind if we do look elsewhere than Hackett for the spot.

Obviously needs to be someone that plays to players strengths and doesn't force their personal beliefs on players (we haven't heard that before...right?).

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Why are we acting like Wash is Bob Babich bad?

To finish 6th in total defense, 5th against the pass, 19th against the run and 8th in 3rd down defense in his first year as a DC in the NFL, not running his own scheme, while having 6-7 new starters on defense is pretty solid.

His playcalling was very questionable at end of games, that's no secret.

He will have his own scheme this year, the defense will have better chemistry, hopefully a scheme that better suits them and hopefully a more aggressive defense than last year.

Wash Defense also gave up the most yards in the division and had single digit turnovers.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - ????
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

To finish 6th in total defense, 5th against the pass, 19th against the run and 8th in 3rd down defense in his first year as a DC in the NFL, not running his own scheme, while having 6-7 new starters on defense is pretty solid.

He will have his own scheme this year, the defense will have better chemistry, hopefully a scheme that better suits them and hopefully a more aggressive defense than last year.

Wash Defense also gave up the most yards in the division and had single digit turnovers.

Yes, but he just called what Gus wanted.

Personally, I'm not going to chalk that up with what we should expect with Wash when it's clear the defense is getting an overhaul scheme and coach wise. Maybe it'll continue but we have to hear what changes are being made if any.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago
Mentioned four teams (NYJ, BUF, DEN, WAS) that would be interested in Mike McCoy as OC. Throw the Jags on that list too.

Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 30s30 seconds ago
... My understanding is Jags coach Doug Marrone had McCoy, Todd Downing (staying in Oak) on his list, in addition to incumbent Nate Hackett.

Man I would have liked Downing...

Going to be honest, didn't follow McCoy too closely as a playcaller besides when he was in SD. Are we sure he doesn't adjust his scheme to fit the personnel? Or are we just assuming because of what he did with Rivers that's what he'd do here?

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Mentioned four teams (NYJ, BUF, DEN, WAS) that would be interested in Mike McCoy as OC. Throw the Jags on that list too.

Quote:
... My understanding is Jags coach Doug Marrone had McCoy, Todd Downing (staying in Oak) on his list, in addition to incumbent Nate Hackett.

Going to be honest, didn't follow McCoy too closely as a playcaller besides when he was in SD. Are we sure he doesn't adjust his scheme to fit the personnel? Or are we just assuming because of what he did with Rivers that's what he'd do here?
The Chargers had a really successful downfield passing game with the same weapons before McCoy went there. He was conservative as a play caller in Denver too.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

The Chargers had a really successful downfield passing game with the same weapons before McCoy went there. He was conservative as a play caller in Denver too.

Yeah, has to have some good qualities/be able to adapt to personnel though I'd imagine considering literally every team with an OC opening wants him and he basically has his choice of the jobs. Right? I mean obviously when you walk into a situation with Rivers and Gates you pretty much are set.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, has to have some good qualities/be able to adapt to personnel though I'd imagine considering literally every team with an OC opening wants him and he basically has his choice of the jobs. Right? I mean obviously when you walk into a situation with Rivers and Gates you pretty much are set.
Buffalo, Denver and Washington have players that would be best with a more conservative play caller. I'm not sure where else he's linked to. But those offenses, he makes sense. Pryor and Cousins are best as play it safe QBs, Denver doesn't have the QB to play anything but conservative and hope he doesn't make mistakes.

He's not a bad coach. He just has a system that you have to work within. It worked well in Denver with the conservative style players, it doesn't work well with aggressive downfield passers like Rivers and Bort. There aren't really many of them out there (Palmer is really the only other one I can think of right now), so it makes sense that he'd get a lot of looks from teams. If we had drafted Teddy or Carr, I'd really like him as an option. Not so much with Bort though.

KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Huh?

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Huh?

Just looked it up and yeah, no idea what he's talking about with yards. We were up in the top 10 in that regard. We didn't get many turnovers though which I think what he's pointing at.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Huh?

Just looked it up and yeah, no idea what he's talking about with yards. We were up in the top 10 in that regard. We didn't get many turnovers though which I think what he's pointing at.

Yea, that's why I think we will be more aggressive defensively. Gotta create more turnovers, that's for certain.

^^el ramster^^
Lord of Kitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Abry isn't good.

Disagree, I thought he did great filling in for Roy.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/1/5/14177036/abry-jones-contract-jacksonville-jaguars-2017-free-agent

I think Alfie's a ****, but I agree with him here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: