Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marrone's staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
To piggyback on that, look at the drafts from 2008-2010 in TB. He had McCoy (who is elite), and Roy Miller who were drafted in his time there who both ended up being pretty good DL. Otherwise, I'm not seeing a pass rusher.

In Seattle he had no one drafted as an edge but a 6th rd pick. In 2012 they drafted Irvin and he had a pretty damn solid rookie year with Wash coaching him up on the DL.

Here, he's had Fowler and Ngakoue. One of whom had a pretty damn stellar rookie season. Fowler had a poor season, but also doesn't fit what the scheme asked of him.

So actually, he has developed some solid guys. DL coach consists of more than just edge rusher. Doesn't help when not many of his teams have taken edges for him to develop.
Everyone you named has been the exact same player from his first day to his last. There was no development.

K.

He's the worst DC possible. Monte Kiffin and Pete Carroll are dumb for hiring anyone with such little talent like Wash to come near their organizations as he clearly can't help anyone. Coughlin and Marrone are should just be let go for keeping him anywhere near this organization. We'll start all over again next year needing a new DC.

There.
Dude, Bill Belichick, probably the best coach of all time, hired Dean Peas, arguably the worst defensive coordinator currently in the NFL. And he hired him to be defensive coordinator, not as a positional coach the way Kiffin and Carroll hired Wash.

Kiffin fired close to 50 assistants in his career because they weren't good enough for him. He wasn't some infallible demigod when it came to evaluating positional coaches. I mean Kiffin liked Wash so much that when he left for Tennessee, he didn't even offer Wash a job. Carroll liked Wash so much that he just let him leave for a lateral job, which almost never happens. Neither guy every put forth any effort into keeping him, but I'm supposed to view them having him on their staff as proof of high level respect or something?

Okay, so he sucks and we'll need a new DC next year. There's no hope with Wash.

Let's look forward to 2018.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Kaye on twitter is a good follow for people interested in listening about what may happen/who we may hire as some positional coaches on defense.

He just posted his mailbag where he takes questions from people on twitter and answers them. Discusses Wash, Hackett, etc.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
If you don't like them fine, cool. If they suck we find new guys next year or in the near future. So just go ahead and look forward to that day.
Look forward to watching another set of hires that show off no forethought and a ton of nepotism? Nah.

I'm tired of watching the worst team in football for half a decade. I'm tired of watching the front office bumble around and fall into moves that don't work. I'm tired of watching now three coaching hires in a row come in and fill the staff with under qualified, trash, hires because nepotism is more important than finding the best options. And I'm tired of every time this happens, having to ignore every single red flag and pretend that "this time, it's gonna be different, guys."

I'm not crapping on these moves just to be ornery and cynical. I want a reason to be excited for this team. I want to have the eternal optimist viewpoint that I've always held. I really don't like being pissed off about everything the franchise is doing. I want to be excited. I want to believe that this is the year things change. Even in these crap years, I'm a proud fan. I have Jaguars signed stuff proudly displayed in every room of my apartment. I wear Jags gear as often as I can. I go to the gym and wear a muscle shirt just so I can show off my tattoo. And I got that tattoo just a couple months when I was incredibly frustrated with the staff (I was getting tattooed as the news of Olson getting fired was released). I've spent years of my life on this forum discussing excitement. Sabo and I (and flux too) have become really good friends that was created out of our love of this team. I've written articles for BCC defending this team against the thoughts of the national media and fans. I've argued in favor of decisions I didn't even like out of almost blind love of this team. I don't want to be some pissy fan who is angry about everything a team does. I really don't. I want to look at what the team is doing and get excited. I want to truly believe that things are turning the corner. But when all I'm getting from the franchise is moves that show no forethought and other moves that all we can do is say "everything was someone else's fault, this will be fine now" ...man, it's really hard to just sit and pretend that I'm fine with it.

Maybe Marrone is a good head coach. But the process to get there was uninspiring. Maybe Hackett is good. But his résumé is uninspiring. Maybe Wash will be a good DC. But his résumé has been garbage.

I'll put on my rose tinted glasses and pump sunshine. But the team has a responsibility to fulfill a basic level of expectations in order to get that. And they haven't come close to doing so.

"I may not like the hire, but if they go outside, I'll find a way to like it"
> hires Marrone
"I hate this. But maybe if this was Coughlin, it will be okay. Just please move on from the mess that is the rest of the staff. Sullivan is cool though"
> fires Sullivan
"Okay, that's some bs. But maybe they're just cleaning out everything. Get rid of everyone and I'll be okay"
> retains Wash and Hackett

That's been my thought process. And you can ask Sabo or flux and they'll verify. But I just can't get excited when I've made multiple compromises to what I would be okay with over and over again. I've given multiple crossroads that I would be okay at, and they keep blowing past them on the path towards the worst possible outcome.

The problem with rose tinted glasses is that red flags just look like flags.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we acting like Wash is Bob Babich bad?

To finish 6th in total defense, 5th against the pass, 19th against the run and 8th in 3rd down defense in his first year as a DC in the NFL, not running his own scheme, while having 6-7 new starters on defense is pretty solid.

His playcalling was very questionable at end of games, that's no secret.

He will have his own scheme this year, the defense will have better chemistry, hopefully a scheme that better suits them and hopefully a more aggressive defense than last year.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all fine. Everyone here has had to go through this [inappropriate/removed] show for the past decade. But I'm not going to crucify this organization before we see results good or bad with these moves as both Khan and Caldwell aren't fresh into the jobs and Coughlin had his input/thoughts into the hire and how things will be run. What is the point of doing that? Like I've said before, there was a lot, I mean a lot, of people drinking the Gus juice when he got here. Everyone was pumped about getting a hot shot coordinator, a guy that has worked under an impressive HC in Carroll that will bring new life to this organization. We're starting over and everything will be great. Right?

No, getting a new coach from a different organization that is some up and coming coordinator is great and all until it doesn't work out. Could it? Sure. But I'm done caring one way or another if it's a retread or a 1st year guy after that debacle.

I've said it a billion times and I'll say it again, Marrone has won everywhere that he has had a prominent gig. He had very good success in NO. He went to Syracuse and turned that program around. He went to Buffalo and had one below average season with the 2nd season getting their best record in a decade in 9-7 with little talent offensively and a terrible QB situation. He's hard nosed, he's experienced, and he's an offensive mind. That fit all the criteria that we really needed at HC.

Tom Coughlin joined in on this organization and backed Marrone/wanted him here and thinks he can turn this organization around. Jacksonville is a special place to Tom and there's no doubt in my mind he wants to get this turned around as much as anyone.

This is a new set of beliefs and the organization will without a doubt be run much differently. Marrone is the anti-Gus. Coughlin is Coughlin...the "Just get better," culture is out the door with these two. All it's going to be about is wins.

This isn't Caldwell hiring a guy that believes in Bortles while all the other candidate didn't. This isn't Khan/Caldwell getting some other inexperienced HC for a brand new regime/fresh faces to the gigs they got (Khan as Owner, Caldwell as GM, Gus as a HC), these are guys who have been around the NFL for a while and have experience with what it takes to win in this league.

Not going to trash it until it deserves to be trashed. No one knows how this regime is going to be. But it's going to be much different and ran completely opposite of Gus. Just because Marrone was on his staff doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. The whole "fresh eyes" concept is out the door with Tom in here and things expecting to turn around quickly. Tom Coughlin doesn't come in here in the capacity he does while vouching for Marrone/wanting him in here with his personality if we were expecting anything else but to start winning. Whether it works or not we'll see, but no one knows that right now.

El Ramster on the sig

Last edited by .Buzz on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Why are we acting like Wash is Bob Babich bad?

To finish 6th in total defense, 5th against the pass, 19th against the run and 8th in 3rd down defense in his first year as a DC in the NFL, not running his own scheme, while having 6-7 new starters on defense is pretty solid.

His playcalling was very questionable at end of games, that's no secret.

He will have his own scheme this year, the defense will have better chemistry, hopefully a scheme that better suits them and hopefully a more aggressive defense than last year.

IDK, I'm just going to let Wash prove what he has this year. He may very well suck, but to sit here and crap on him like we are when he ran a terrible scheme that forces players into non-ideal roles for half the defense...I'm not sure what your expecting.

Was this defense 6th overall truthfully? No. But watching games it was much better than it's been in a long time. Yes, talent was brought in that had a large impact on that...but he still called some pretty damn solid games while being hampered with what Gus wanted to do/how he wanted it ran.

If he wasn't hampered and that was all Wash, well I guess a lot of reporters/people who follow the team was dead wrong and we'll see that this season and he'll be fired.

El Ramster on the sig
FreeDaJags

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
If you don't like them fine, cool. If they suck we find new guys next year or in the near future. So just go ahead and look forward to that day.
Look forward to watching another set of hires that show off no forethought and a ton of nepotism? Nah.

I'm tired of watching the worst team in football for half a decade. I'm tired of watching the front office bumble around and fall into moves that don't work. I'm tired of watching now three coaching hires in a row come in and fill the staff with under qualified, trash, hires because nepotism is more important than finding the best options. And I'm tired of every time this happens, having to ignore every single red flag and pretend that "this time, it's gonna be different, guys."

I'm not crapping on these moves just to be ornery and cynical. I want a reason to be excited for this team. I want to have the eternal optimist viewpoint that I've always held. I really don't like being pissed off about everything the franchise is doing. I want to be excited. I want to believe that this is the year things change. Even in these crap years, I'm a proud fan. I have Jaguars signed stuff proudly displayed in every room of my apartment. I wear Jags gear as often as I can. I go to the gym and wear a muscle shirt just so I can show off my tattoo. And I got that tattoo just a couple months when I was incredibly frustrated with the staff (I was getting tattooed as the news of Olson getting fired was released). I've spent years of my life on this forum discussing excitement. Sabo and I (and flux too) have become really good friends that was created out of our love of this team. I've written articles for BCC defending this team against the thoughts of the national media and fans. I've argued in favor of decisions I didn't even like out of almost blind love of this team. I don't want to be some pissy fan who is angry about everything a team does. I really don't. I want to look at what the team is doing and get excited. I want to truly believe that things are turning the corner. But when all I'm getting from the franchise is moves that show no forethought and other moves that all we can do is say "everything was someone else's fault, this will be fine now" ...man, it's really hard to just sit and pretend that I'm fine with it.

Maybe Marrone is a good head coach. But the process to get there was uninspiring. Maybe Hackett is good. But his résumé is uninspiring. Maybe Wash will be a good DC. But his résumé has been garbage.

I'll put on my rose tinted glasses and pump sunshine. But the team has a responsibility to fulfill a basic level of expectations in order to get that. And they haven't come close to doing so.

"I may not like the hire, but if they go outside, I'll find a way to like it"
> hires Marrone
"I hate this. But maybe if this was Coughlin, it will be okay. Just please move on from the mess that is the rest of the staff. Sullivan is cool though"
> fires Sullivan
"Okay, that's some bs. But maybe they're just cleaning out everything. Get rid of everyone and I'll be okay"
> retains Wash and Hackett

That's been my thought process. And you can ask Sabo or flux and they'll verify. But I just can't get excited when I've made multiple compromises to what I would be okay with over and over again. I've given multiple crossroads that I would be okay at, and they keep blowing past them on the path towards the worst possible outcome.

The problem with rose tinted glasses is that red flags just look like flags.
I usually just lurk but I had to respond to this post.

First of all, if you're so sick of it why not root for another team? We are all jags fans here and you constantly being snippy about every single move is a downer. Yes, we understand you're critical of the moves and yes, there are some reasons to be, but it's almost like you're being petty by refusing to look at the positives of any of the moves and completely focusing on the negative aspects. Imo, you have given into the Jags sucking and are assuming the worst of every single move that wasn't your preferred option.

Second of all, your criticisms of Todd Wash are ridiculous and purely created in your own mind to fit your narrative that everything they're doing is wrong, sorry.

Quote:
He's never developed one single player

Just off the top of my head: Abry Jones, Sen'derrick Marks, Roy Miller, Yannick Ngakoue and Jalen Ramsey this year. Or does he not get credit for these players who have all had considerable growth under him now, but it is all his fault for the players that aren't good?

Quote:
He's never put together a NFL playbook

Neither did any DC ever promoted from a positions coach and now he gets to, with the added bonus that he has experience as a DC already and now he gets to run his own defense. Making an NFL playbook is not freaking rocket science. If anything it's one of the more straightforward parts of the job. Using this as a point of contention is asinine.

Quote:

He's never coached a unit that was the strength of a defense

This is complete horse crap. The entire reason he was promoted to DC was because the DL was the stength of our defense two years in a row. The only thing we were missing was a consistent pass rush and it is not his fault he's had to work with over the hill Jason Babin, over the hill Chris Clemens, Andre Branch, and two rookies as his main pass rushers over the past 4 years. To think it is his fault that he has not been able to "develop" a pass rusher is ridiculous and sticking your head in the sand logic.

Quote:

He had to be coddled in Gus's defense even though Babich never was

What the hell does this even mean? Babich ran the same defense Gus ran in Seattle which is the same defense Wash is running. And furthermore, Wash was a first time DC with no real pull to be able to run his own defense. He clearly proved to be a competent DC this year, spearheading our best defensive effort in years, and now gets his chance to run his own style of defense and mold it to match the players we have on our roster. But this is a terrible happening because reasons.

Quote:

In the two games he coached without Gus, his play calling was still trash
What are you even talking about? When was the defensive playcalling this year a significant problem? If anything it was the least of our worries with the dumpster on offense. Furthermore, last I checked, the defense allowed 17 and 24 points the last two weeks, hardly what I would call trash. the Colts coming back is what Andrew Luck does, sorry. He does it to every team in the league, it is not a damning offense for Andrew Luck to light up your defense in the second half, it happens nearly every week.

Moving on to Hackett, you are completely off your rocker to judge how the situation played out in Buffalo and use that as proof Hackett's resume is "uninspiring". He wasn't even able to run his full offense with CJ Spiller at RB and the ghost of Kyle Orton and EJ Manuel at QB. And yet the offense got better as the year went on with trash for talent. That is the sign of a good coach. When Hackett took over here our running game immediately went from god awful/non-existent to at least showing signs of life, and it was not just for one game or two. And then Blake immediately improved once Marron took the full reigns. Again, all signs of good coaching. Hackett is here because he works as a good extension of Marrone which is why he's always his OC. Your judgement of him, again, is completely based on negative portions and complete neglect of positives and even context just to support your narrative.

Finally, griping about the way the Marrone hire went about is like griping about spilt milk, pointless. Regardless of how he became the HC he is the HC now and should be judged on his own merits, and on his own merits he checked off every box this team was looking for/needed for the new head coach. Not only that, it's clear now that hiring Marrone was a TC decision, and if Caldwell had his way we probably would have had Mike Smith. So them not having him coach until two weeks before the season is not a sign of anything and should not be taken into account when talking about the hire. Crap changes.

Quote:
I'm not crapping on these moves just to be ornery and cynical.

Except you are.

.Buzz wrote:
That is all fine. Everyone here has had to go through this [inappropriate/removed] show for the past decade. But I'm not going to crucify this organization before we see results good or bad with these moves as both Khan and Caldwell aren't fresh into the jobs and Coughlin had his input/thoughts into the hire and how things will be run. What is the point of doing that? Like I've said before, there was a lot, I mean a lot, of people drinking the Gus juice when he got here. Everyone was pumped about getting a hot shot coordinator, a guy that has worked under an impressive HC in Carroll that will bring new life to this organization. We're starting over and everything will be great. Right?

No, getting a new coach from a different organization that is some up and coming coordinator is great and all until it doesn't work out. Could it? Sure. But I'm done caring one way or another if it's a retread or a 1st year guy after that debacle.

I've said it a billion times and I'll say it again, Marrone has won everywhere that he has had a prominent gig. He had very good success in NO. He went to Syracuse and turned that program around. He went to Buffalo and had one below average season with the 2nd season getting their best record in a decade in 9-7 with little talent offensively and a terrible QB situation. He's hard nosed, he's experienced, and he's an offensive mind. That fit all the criteria that we really needed at HC.

Tom Coughlin joined in on this organization and backed Marrone/wanted him here and thinks he can turn this organization around. Jacksonville is a special place to Tom and there's no doubt in my mind he wants to get this turned around as much as anyone.

This is a new set of beliefs and the organization will without a doubt be run much differently. Marrone is the anti-Gus. Coughlin is Coughlin...the "Just get better," culture is out the door with these two. All it's going to be about is wins.

This isn't Caldwell hiring a guy that believes in Bortles while all the other candidate didn't. This isn't Khan/Caldwell getting some other inexperienced HC for a brand new regime/fresh faces to the gigs they got (Khan as Owner, Caldwell as GM, Gus as a HC), these are guys who have been around the NFL for a while and have experience with what it takes to win in this league.

Not going to trash it until it deserves to be trashed. No one knows how this regime is going to be. But it's going to be much different and ran completely opposite of Gus. Just because Marrone was on his staff doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. The whole "fresh eyes" concept is out the door with Tom in here and things expecting to turn around quickly. Tom Coughlin doesn't come in here in the capacity he does while vouching for Marrone/wanting him in here with his personality if we were expecting anything else but to start winning. Whether it works or not we'll see, but no one knows that right now.
How dare you use facts and logical reasoning like they matter or something
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wash wasn't promoted because he was good on the dl he was promoted because no one from outside the team wanted to be attached to gus and knew he was going to be a lame duck coach going into the season

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeDaJags wrote:
First of all, if you're so sick of it why not root for another team?
Great start to a garbage response.

Quote:
We are all jags fans here and you constantly being snippy about every single move is a downer.
"Every single move" lol

Quote:
Yes, we understand you're critical of the moves and yes, there are some reasons to be, but it's almost like you're being petty by refusing to look at the positives of any of the moves and completely focusing on the negative aspects.
I keep asking for the positives and keep getting excuses.

Quote:
Imo, you have given into the Jags sucking and are assuming the worst of every single move that wasn't your preferred option.
I listed off a ton of compromises I would have been okay with. They blew past every single one them.

Quote:
Second of all, your criticisms of Todd Wash are ridiculous and purely created in your own mind to fit your narrative that everything they're doing is wrong, sorry.
lol k

Quote:
Just off the top of my head: Abry Jones, Sen'derrick Marks, Roy Miller, Yannick Ngakoue and Jalen Ramsey this year. Or does he not get credit for these players who have all had considerable growth under him now, but it is all his fault for the players that aren't good?
Abry isn't good. Miller is the exact player he was before he got here. Jalen was an elite corner when he came in. The other two are the exact player they were at game 1 to the last. Yannick, he gets a pass for that because it's only one year. But developing players doesn't mean they become good the instant they come to the team and then never get any better.

Quote:
Neither did any DC ever promoted from a positions coach and now he gets to, with the added bonus that he has experience as a DC already and now he gets to run his own defense. Making an NFL playbook is not freaking rocket science. If anything it's one of the more straightforward parts of the job. Using this as a point of contention is asinine.
"pointing out his lack of experience is asinine.

K

Quote:
This is complete horse crap. The entire reason he was promoted to DC was because the DL was the stength of our defense two years in a row. The only thing we were missing was a consistent pass rush and it is not his fault he's had to work with over the hill Jason Babin, over the hill Chris Clemens, Andre Branch, and two rookies as his main pass rushers over the past 4 years. To think it is his fault that he has not been able to "develop" a pass rusher is ridiculous and sticking your head in the sand logic.
Did the LB corps not exist for those two years?

Quote:
What the hell does this even mean? Babich ran the same defense Gus ran in Seattle which is the same defense Wash is running. And furthermore, Wash was a first time DC with no real pull to be able to run his own defense. He clearly proved to be a competent DC this year, spearheading our best defensive effort in years, and now gets his chance to run his own style of defense and mold it to match the players we have on our roster. But this is a terrible happening because reasons.
Maybe you missed where all the excuses for him where it was said that Gus was putting too much input and holding him back, that Gus was doing all these things that were forced on him not only with the scheme but game planning, concepts and plays. That's being coddled. Especially when previous to Wash, the complaint was Gus wasn't involved enough in the defense.

Quote:
Quote:
In the two games he coached without Gus, his play calling was still trash
What are you even talking about? When was the defensive playcalling this year a significant problem? If anything it was the least of our worries with the dumpster on offense. Furthermore, last I checked, the defense allowed 17 and 24 points the last two weeks, hardly what I would call trash. the Colts coming back is what Andrew Luck does, sorry. He does it to every team in the league, it is not a damning offense for Andrew Luck to light up your defense in the second half, it happens nearly every week.
Go look at Luck's splits. This isn't true at all.

Quote:
Moving on to Hackett, you are completely off your rocker to judge how the situation played out in Buffalo and use that as proof Hackett's resume is "uninspiring". He wasn't even able to run his full offense with CJ Spiller at RB and the ghost of Kyle Orton and EJ Manuel at QB. And yet the offense got better as the year went on with trash for talent. That is the sign of a good coach. When Hackett took over here our running game immediately went from god awful/non-existent to at least showing signs of life, and it was not just for one game or two. And then Blake immediately improved once Marron took the full reigns. Again, all signs of good coaching. Hackett is here because he works as a good extension of Marrone which is why he's always his OC. Your judgement of him, again, is completely based on negative portions and complete neglect of positives and even context just to support your narrative.
Thanks for the same list of excuses that everyone else has made. But excuses are not positives.

Yes Blake played better. He didn't play well though. It's a sign of better coaching. Not a sign of necessarily good coaching.

Quote:
Finally, griping about the way the Marrone hire went about is like griping about spilt milk, pointless.
No, it isn't.

Is it pointless insofar as how he will ultimately perform? Sure. But that's not what the process is being judged on. I know so many people want to think really low level on things and only focus on singular outcomes, but that's not the only thing that matters. The process that management takes towards moves is just as important as individual outcomes, because it's predictive of future successes. And the team keeps missing the ball on the process. They deserve the criticism.

Maybe all of these hires turn out to be great. I hope they do. I hope Marrone becomes better than Belichick. I hope Hackett and Wash become the greatest coordinator duo of all time, and I hope they love it here so much that they never leave for head coaching gigs. I hope this staff delivers a dynasty that rivals that of the Patriots. But the moves are uninspiring to this point. And I'm allowed to voice my displeasure with moves that are literally the worst case scenario to what I laid out as being okay with.

Quote:
Regardless of how he became the HC he is the HC now and should be judged on his own merits, and on his own merits he checked off every box this team was looking for/needed for the new head coach.
He should be graded on his merits. The team should be graded on their process. As I've said multiple times, he may have been the best option. It's very possible that he was. But the process to get there was garbage.

Quote:
Not only that, it's clear now that hiring Marrone was a TC decision, and if Caldwell had his way we probably would have had Mike Smith. So them not having him coach until two weeks before the season is not a sign of anything and should not be taken into account when talking about the hire. Crap changes.
Literally the exact post you quoted noted my stance being welcoming of the reasoning if it was Coughlin's decision. But thanks for ignoring that and then snarkily telling me something I already acknowledged.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not crapping on these moves just to be ornery and cynical.

Except you are.
Good call. I'm sure all that lurking you did uncovered the constant cynical nature of my posts. Oh wait. No. This is literally the only thing I've been cynical about that they've done in the past year. And you can count on one hand the number of things they've done in the last 9 years that I've openly shown to be upset about. But you got me, man. I just love to post upset about this team.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also real, real tired of this "if you are upset, go root for someone else" argument.

I could go on and on with a nice long rant. But I'll just refer you to my sig and avy. A lifelong, suffering Cubs fan - I waited it out, and was rewarded with the sweetest 2016 I've ever experienced. I hope the Jaguars one day do the same for me. So, quite honestly [inappropriate/removed] off with your "if you don't like it, go root for someone else."

I will say that I love that last year, almost the entire fanbase on this site turned on me for being too optimistic and trying to be accepting of the direction of the team and trying to bring some non-cynical discussion about the direction, and now I'm getting someone attacking me and telling me to support a different team because I don't like a few moves they made. Fun times. Gotta love the over emotional responses to people that don't share the same sports viewpoints.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think Hackett ends up as an OC, but Mike Silver just listed us as one of the teams who may get him along with the Bills and one other team.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Still think Hackett ends up as an OC, but Mike Silver just listed us as one of the teams who may get him along with the Bills and one other team.
It's no secret that I hope we move on.

If he goes to the Bills, I would love for us to take on Lynn, as he would be on the market at that point. I think, regardless, we need to knock the QB coach out of the park. I have no idea if he's even interested in joining an NFL team, but I would love Jordan Palmer. Outside of that, I really don't know too much about some of the guys who would be options. As long as we don't rehash Olson back here for a third time, I think I'll be okay with whomever it is. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
It's no secret that I hope we move on.

If he goes to the Bills, I would love for us to take on Lynn, as he would be on the market at that point. I think, regardless, we need to knock the QB coach out of the park. I have no idea if he's even interested in joining an NFL team, but I would love Jordan Palmer. Outside of that, I really don't know too much about some of the guys who would be options. As long as we don't rehash Olson back here for a third time, I think I'll be okay with whomever it is. Laughing

Yeah i hear ya.

I really dont think anyone knows how this staff will be assembled yet. All we know is that Wash and Hackett are being retained...not what role. This coming out with McCoy shows they are still figuring things out.

I expect them to stay as OC and DC respectively, just saying...

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I saw Silver also tweet McCoy is #2/#3 on McDermotts OC list too...

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Pretty sure I saw Silver also tweet McCoy is #2/#3 on McDermotts OC list too...
I haven't seen anything linked to is, but for the point of noting, that's one I want no part of. I said Hackett was on the path of worst possible outcome insofar as enthusiasm for the hires, but McCoy might be my worst possible OC.

Blake, ARob and Hurns work best in an aggressive passing offense. Bort is never going to be a precision, methodical, chess match QB. He's gotta be aggressive, use his legs, and push the ball downfield. McCoy had one of the best downfield passers in the league in Rivers, and played ultra conservatively. Not something I would look forward to at all. I'd hope they're smart enough to recognize that though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: