Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marrone's staff
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Marrone's staff Reply with quote

So far...

WR Coach Jerry Sullivan out
Assistant WR Coach Tony Sorrentino out

Defensive Coordinator Todd Wash retained
Defensive Assistant Mike Rutenberg retained
All other defensive coaches out

Former WR Jimmy Smith stated he is heading back to Jacksonville. He also reached out to Tony Khan and has been retweeting a bunch of fans suggesting he could/should be the WR coach.

Last edited by iPwn on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for Perry Fewell to be our new DB coach. Was Coughlins guy here in the late 90's and with Coughlin in NYG. Was our DB coach with those elite secondaries/pass defenses we had when he was around. Would be a great hire.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone has retained DC Todd Wash and defensive assistant Mike Rutenberg and relieved all the other defensive assistants, league sources tell Adam Schefter and myself.

Mike DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Quote:
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone has retained DC Todd Wash and defensive assistant Mike Rutenberg and relieved all the other defensive assistants, league sources tell Adam Schefter and myself.

Mike DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer

I know we want Wash gone, but I think he's a good defensive coach. As long as we get clarity that the Seattle BS is gone, I'm good with it.

Coughlin is going to have a ton of connections (Fewell comes to mind) to help in the experience side of things.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I think Marrone dumping literally everyone but Wash and a defensive assistant pretty much points to the fact the scheme is getting tossed out. If it wasn't, their would be more guys staying.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more LEO, OTTO, LOTTO, GROTTO, BLOTTO.

Just give me the 11 best players on the field.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
No more LEO, OTTO, LOTTO, GROTTO, BLOTTO.

Just give me the 11 best players on the field.

Yup.

I'm excited to listen to what Wash and co. say about the changes to the scheme. Like I said, I think Wash as a coach is a good one. But I do think Bradley forced plenty of things on him. Right after he was fired someone asked about Jack and the OTTO spot and he pretty much threw that term out the window.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
I think he's a good defensive coach.
Any reason for this?

The defense got better under him, but did you see anything that suggested it was him that did so? I see it more so being the additions of Malik, Ngakoue, Ramsey and others that got them from dumpster fire to okay. Nobody on that defense ever really took a step forward as a player except Telvin.

NDSU never had a great pass rush. The Bucs never had a great pass rush under him. The Seahawks never had a great pass rush under him. We never had even a good pass rush. None of those groups really ever saw a growth from a player as a pass rusher either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Any reason for this?

The defense got better under him, but did you see anything that suggested it was him that did so? I see it more so being the additions of Malik, Ngakoue, Ramsey and others that got them from dumpster fire to okay. Nobody on that defense ever really took a step forward as a player except Telvin.

NDSU never had a great pass rush. The Bucs never had a great pass rush under him. The Seahawks never had a great pass rush under him. We never had even a good pass rush. None of those groups really ever saw a growth from a player as a pass rusher either.

To use this scheme that is a failure everywhere besides Seattle with a lack of talent at edge rusher and a lot of rookies/first year players on this team it's impressive to me what he did with it. He's worked under some bright minds and will now get tasked with producing his own scheme/how he wants to run a defense. This obviously was ran by Marrone and likely Coughlin and they signed off.

Saying he is "good" may be premature until we see what he runs and how it works. But the fact that the LEO/OTTO stuff likely gets tossed out is a good step forward.

Would I have preferred a guy like Pettine get brought in who was a former DC under Marrone? Yeah, of course. Considering pretty much everyone of "Gus's guys" are getting tossed out and only Wash and some assistant is sticking, I think it's pretty telling Wash may have some very different ideas.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Any reason for this?

To use this scheme that is a failure everywhere besides Seattle with a lack of talent at edge rusher and a lot of rookies/first year players on this team it's impressive to me what he did with it. He's worked under some bright minds and will now get tasked with producing his own scheme/how he wants to run a defense. This obviously was ran by Marrone and likely Coughlin and they signed off.

Saying he is "good" may be premature until we see what he runs and how it works. But the fact that the LEO/OTTO stuff likely gets tossed out is a good step forward.

Would I have preferred a guy like Pettine get brought in who was a former DC under Marrone? Yeah, of course. Considering pretty much everyone of "Gus's guys" are getting tossed out and only Wash and some assistant is sticking, I think it's pretty telling Wash may have some very different ideas.
What about the fact that he never developed a pass rusher, and didn't get anyone in the back 7 to develop this year either?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coughlin apparently also has control over the 53 man roster?
Laughing bummer Dave

I hate the Jaguars
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Laughing bummer Dave

Dave basically a glorified scout now.

I believe in Coughlin. He will have help with the salary cap so he can't mess that up again. Lol

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Any reason for this?

What about the fact that he never developed a pass rusher, and didn't get anyone in the back 7 to develop this year either?

This scheme is horse [inappropriate/removed] and the team forced players into spots regardless. We saw that with Jack, Fowler, and Gip.

If this is true next year, Ill be right there with you. But this scheme imo covered up some things. Gip was a non factor when hes been labeled a ball hawk and rangy safety his whole career. Myles Jack could barely make an impact or get on the field because of what we ask and assign of thr Otto backer. Dan freaking Skuta played more than him because of it.

Considering all the huge drawbacks this defense had, it had pretty solid success. Of course the talent has something to do with it, but when theres some of those talented players that are being forced into spots by scheme....

Gotta just wait and see what they say about it I guess.

El Ramster on the sig

Last edited by .Buzz on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Laughing bummer Dave

Dave is basically thr director of pro and college scouting now. He has no authority over Coughlin and what he sees best for this team.

Lets just hope with Marrone being down with analytics that Tom is too. Could help us a lot with all the mediocre/bad picks we've had at the top.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Any reason for this?

This scheme is horse [inappropriate/removed] and the team forced players into spots regardless. We saw that with Jack, Fowler, and Gip.

If this is true next year, Ill be right there with you. But this scheme imo covered up some things. Gip was a non factor when hes been labeled a ball hawk and rangy safety his whole career. Myles Jack could barely make an impact or get on the field because of what we ask and assign of thr Otto backer. Dan freaking Skuta played more than him because of it.

Considering all the huge drawbacks this defense had, it had pretty solid success. Of course the talent has something to do with it, but when theres some of those talented players that are being forced into spots by scheme....

Gotta just wait and see what they say about it I guess.
So what about the DLs at NDSU, Tampa and Seattle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: