You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control GM Mock - Complete.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
Took Sidney Jones with pick 18.

Johnson - Byard - McDonald - Carr / Jones

would you be happy with that secondary group?

Definitely an improvement no doubt about it. I'm not sure who the other CBS you have are but I'm not sure any of those guys are nickel CBs. Carr to me also feels like a waste if Sims is still on the team. I like him and Jones to compete for that #2 CB job. Next I'd probably target a TE to groom behind Delanie.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
DTMW78 wrote:
Just traded Kevin Dodd to the browns for a mid 3rd and a early 4th.
thoughts??

Steal!!!!

Until I've seen him with more than one injury riddled season, I would probably be unhappy with that. I think he can be a good player, his role is just not going to be as a dynamic edge rusher. Easily could change my opinion next year at this time though.

I wouldn't hate the trade, just think it's too early.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
DTMW78 wrote:

Definitely an improvement no doubt about it. I'm not sure who the other CBS you have are but I'm not sure any of those guys are nickel CBs. Carr to me also feels like a waste if Sims is still on the team. I like him and Jones to compete for that #2 CB job. Next I'd probably target a TE to groom behind Delanie.

I dont think Jones would have a hard time covering the slot at all. He does great with smaller WRs. It's the stronger and more physical guys that I notice some issues with.
DTMW78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
DTMW78 wrote:

I dont think Jones would have a hard time covering the slot at all. He does great with smaller WRs. It's the stronger and more physical guys that I notice some issues with.

My thoughts were to just put the best 3 on the field.
Jones would probably man the slot to begin with.
Carr and Johnson would play outside with a view to having Jones take over at some point.
Simms , Reed and Okatcha are the other corners on my roster.

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
DTMW78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd round pick 78 Titans select
Jordan Leggett TE Clemson.
Solid TE prospect imo.Can catch, blocks ok but will need to put in the work in that department.
Thoughts?

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say... you're hitting every hole thus far. An offseason like this, and we'd be getting plenty of buzz as a serious contender as soon as this coming season.
DTMW78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
What can I say... you're hitting every hole thus far. An offseason like this, and we'd be getting plenty of buzz as a serious contender as soon as this coming season.

Thanks..
One guy I did miss on was Jordan Willis De/olb Kansas State.
Thoughts on him and any other mid round pass rushers you like?

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just peaked in the thread to see who was available.

I would target Carl Lawson or Hasaan Reddick with one of the next 3rds.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
I just peaked in the thread to see who was available.

I would target Carl Lawson or Hasaan Reddick with one of the next 3rds.

Both gone.
Went with Isaiah Ford. WR Virginia Tech.
Curtis Samuel who was going to be my pick went #83 I picked at #84 Evil or Very Mad

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot you had traded Dodd away (I'm not sold on him, thus not opposed to the trade, but it did leave a void).

I'd like to see the team increase speed overall, and I'd like them to go with an OLB with some speed off the edge. Having said that, and seeing who's available as edge rushers, I like Basham at this point.

I'm not sure Robinson would pull the trigger here (bad taste?), but Fields could be a great player in the NFL, and is still available. He has the look (on the field) of everything I want in an OLB... but will that incident keep him off the Titans' radar. Phillips is similar to Fields.... tremendous prospect (having a great Senior Bowl, apparently), but off the field questions remain

Hall is another guy that could be an option, and he's supposedly also tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. The biggest thing that scares me about him is the lack of production, considering he lined up constantly across from Garrett (although he could have been playing hurt most of the season). I also think he may fit as a 43DE better than a 34OLB, but he looks like a player similar to Dodd, and a round or 2 later.
DTMW78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Forgot you had traded Dodd away (I'm not sold on him, thus not opposed to the trade, but it did leave a void).

I'd like to see the team increase speed overall, and I'd like them to go with an OLB with some speed off the edge. Having said that, and seeing who's available as edge rushers, I like Basham at this point.

I'm not sure Robinson would pull the trigger here (bad taste?), but Fields could be a great player in the NFL, and is still available. He has the look (on the field) of everything I want in an OLB... but will that incident keep him off the Titans' radar. Phillips is similar to Fields.... tremendous prospect (having a great Senior Bowl, apparently), but off the field questions remain

Hall is another guy that could be an option, and he's supposedly also tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. The biggest thing that scares me about him is the lack of production, considering he lined up constantly across from Garrett (although he could have been playing hurt most of the season). I also think he may fit as a 43DE better than a 34OLB, but he looks like a player similar to Dodd, and a round or 2 later.

I have a pick left in the 3rd so will look at olb then most likely.
Thoughts on the Ford pick?

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

I have a pick left in the 3rd so will look at olb then most likely.
Thoughts on the Ford pick?

Seems like a good prospect, and definitely adds speed to the offense. Think I woulda like someone who can work out of the slot and contribute immediately with the return game... and I'm not sure Ford has any experience either playing out of the slot or in the return game.

Overall, I would prefer the Titans to focus on the D, however. OLB, NT, S, CB... really anywhere on the D. But I can't be upset about adding much needed speed to the team... regardless of unit.
DTMW78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to take Bashem but again he went the pick before mine so I went with Fields.

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
DTMW78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R/4 #106 Titans select Marlon Mack RB USF.
I know RB is not a need for you guys but Mack is a beast.
Murray is what 28-29 and has seen a pretty heavy workload over his career.
Mack and Henry would be a great 1-2 punch out the backfield when Murray is done.

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
DTMW78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 4 #123 the Titans select
Corn Elder CB.
That completes my revamp of the secondary.
Year 1
Johnson and Carr on the outside, Jones in the slot with McDonald and Byard at safety.
Year 2
Johnson and Jones on the outside, Elder in the slot with McDonald and Byard at safety.
What do you think?
Plus Elder has some experience in the return game so he could contribute there year 1.

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: