Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Make The Secondary Great Again
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 3500
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Make The Secondary Great Again Reply with quote

New OC: John Morton

Cuts:
Darrelle Revis
Marcus Gilchrist
Buster Skrine
David Harris
Breno Giacomini
Nick Mangold
Nick Folk

Trades:
Sheldon Richardson to the Raiders for their 2017 3rd
Brandon Marshall to the Baltimore Ravens for their 2017 5th

Restructure:
Ryan Clady

Resign:
Wes Johnson
Bruce Carter
Brandon Bostic
Jullian Stanford

Free Agency:
CB Trumaine Johnson
FS Rashad Johnson
DE/OLB Nick Perry
QB Matt Barkley


Comp Picks:
Snacks: 4th
Ivory: 6th

Draft Trades:
Jets trade their 2017 1st(6) to the Cardinals for their 2017 1st(13), 3rd, and 5th

Draft:
R1: Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
R2: Budda Baker FS Washington
R3: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
R3: Daeshon Hall DE/OLB Texas A&M
R3: Chad Wheeler OT USC
R4: James Connor RB Pittsburgh
R5: Ben Boulware ILB Clemson
R5: Jon Toth C Kentucky
R6: Freddie Setvenson FB FSU
R6: Adam Griffith K Alabama
R7: Justin Vogel P Miami

Depth Chart:
QB: Hack vs Petty vs Barkley
RB: Powell, Forte, Connor
FB: Stevenson
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake, Smith, Marshall
TE: ASJ, Hodges, Bostick
LT: Clady, Wheeler
LG: Carp, Doizer
C: Johnson, Toth
RG: Winters, Doizer
RT: Shell, Qvale

DE: Wilkerson, Thomas
NT: Simon, McLendon
DT: Williams, Johnson
SAM: Jenkins, Mauldin
MIKE: Carter, Boulware
WILL: Lee, Stanford
RUSH: Perry, Hall, Bishop
CB: Johnson, Humphrey, Burris, Roberts, McDougle
SS: Pryor vs Miles
FS: Johnson, Baker

K: Griffith
P: Vogel vs Edwards
RS: Marshall
_________________

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon


Last edited by Mr.O on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:30 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 17688
Location: el ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would really take that much to land AJ McCarron a year before he is supposed to hit free agency? That's too rich for my blood.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8134
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
It would really take that much to land AJ McCarron a year before he is supposed to hit free agency? That's too rich for my blood.

That's my thinking. That's a big price for a guy that's only made 3 starts in his career. I'm not against trading for him, but now what's almost the same value as a mid 2nd Rounder.

On the the Mock...
I don't dislike it. Except Khalil is a risk and might not answer our hole at LT. And I think Tabor at 6 is awful. Dude might not even be the best cb on his team nevermind in the whole draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3336
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
It would really take that much to land AJ McCarron a year before he is supposed to hit free agency? That's too rich for my blood.


I feel like if your a team that views him as a starter that isn't a high price to pay. Plus then you have the rights to franchise him for a year if you are still undecided.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 9927
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
NewAge wrote:
It would really take that much to land AJ McCarron a year before he is supposed to hit free agency? That's too rich for my blood.


I feel like if your a team that views him as a starter that isn't a high price to pay. Plus then you have the rights to franchise him for a year if you are still undecided.
I agree. I'd take the chance on AJ at this value.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 18010
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Forte is going anywhere. I keep seeing people say trade him, but I don't think we can with his contract. The problem wasn't Forte, it was how he was used. Him and Powell should have been rotated more, hopefully our next OC utilizes him better.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8134
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I don't think Forte is going anywhere. I keep seeing people say trade him, but I don't think we can with his contract. The problem wasn't Forte, it was how he was used. Him and Powell should have been rotated more, hopefully our next OC utilizes him better.

By utilize him better you really mean utilize him less though. Playing Powell more than Forte is what we should do if we keep both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 18010
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I don't think Forte is going anywhere. I keep seeing people say trade him, but I don't think we can with his contract. The problem wasn't Forte, it was how he was used. Him and Powell should have been rotated more, hopefully our next OC utilizes him better.

By utilize him better you really mean utilize him less though. Playing Powell more than Forte is what we should do if we keep both.



Not necessarily less, but the split should be more even between the two. I think Forte and Powell are fine, but would love to see us add a bruiser RB to have behind them. I know we added Khiry Robinson for that reason, but he had some terrible luck with injuries.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10468
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt trade a pick for AJMac at least not that high. We need every pick we get our hands on. This team is way too old. I really want Tyrod on a 3-4 year deal at maybe 15 per, first two years guaranteed. We can keep developing our QBs and probably look to take one in 2018 who could still get a year or two of sitting.

We did not use Forte wrong. It took him nearly 35 carries again to eclipse 100 yards. Hes old and slow and not explosive at all. Does he ever break tackles? I would cut him and eat the money and go younger. He shouldnt have gotten even have the carries he got.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8134
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I wouldnt trade a pick for AJMac at least not that high. We need every pick we get our hands on. This team is way too old. I really want Tyrod on a 3-4 year deal at maybe 15 per, first two years guaranteed. We can keep developing our QBs and probably look to take one in 2018 who could still get a year or two of sitting.

We did not use Forte wrong. It took him nearly 35 carries again to eclipse 100 yards. Hes old and slow and not explosive at all. Does he ever break tackles? I would cut him and eat the money and go younger. He shouldnt have gotten even have the carries he got.

You do realize that would make Petty a FA by the time Tyrod guaranteed would be done and Hack with just a year left with no experience starting?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keegslotus


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 225
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of Jefferson and I'm a huge fan of Connor. The rest of it leaves a lot to be desired. You didn't really address the o-line enough in my opinion. Taking a tight end in the 2nd isn't something I'm a fan of. The trades are highly unrealistic or just not gonna happen. Green Bay and Baltimore aren't known to trade their picks (especially for guys in their 30s) they build through the draft. Giving up those draft picks for AJ is giving up a lot. Sheldon very well could get us a 3rd rounder more likely a 4th
_________________
Marv Cook:
We've got to find a way to win. I'm willing to start cheating.
BillaCheat took that one to heart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10468
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
I wouldnt trade a pick for AJMac at least not that high. We need every pick we get our hands on. This team is way too old. I really want Tyrod on a 3-4 year deal at maybe 15 per, first two years guaranteed. We can keep developing our QBs and probably look to take one in 2018 who could still get a year or two of sitting.

We did not use Forte wrong. It took him nearly 35 carries again to eclipse 100 yards. Hes old and slow and not explosive at all. Does he ever break tackles? I would cut him and eat the money and go younger. He shouldnt have gotten even have the carries he got.

You do realize that would make Petty a FA by the time Tyrod guaranteed would be done and Hack with just a year left with no experience starting?


Im assuming were going to make a real move up to draft one next year in a what looks like a better class. However who knows. We might even have a decent one on this roster. Tyrod would be a solid stopgap for now until we find a guy we consider cant miss and make an aggressive move.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8134
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
I wouldnt trade a pick for AJMac at least not that high. We need every pick we get our hands on. This team is way too old. I really want Tyrod on a 3-4 year deal at maybe 15 per, first two years guaranteed. We can keep developing our QBs and probably look to take one in 2018 who could still get a year or two of sitting.

We did not use Forte wrong. It took him nearly 35 carries again to eclipse 100 yards. Hes old and slow and not explosive at all. Does he ever break tackles? I would cut him and eat the money and go younger. He shouldnt have gotten even have the carries he got.

You do realize that would make Petty a FA by the time Tyrod guaranteed would be done and Hack with just a year left with no experience starting?


Im assuming were going to make a real move up to draft one next year in a what looks like a better class. However who knows. We might even have a decent one on this roster. Tyrod would be a solid stopgap for now until we find a guy we consider cant miss and make an aggressive move.

The FO needs to decide something this offseason. All this Tyrod talk might be nothing bc he might stay in buffalo. But even if he hits the market what does picking him up do for the next few years? For starters makes the Petty and Hack picks pointless. It also sets us back a few years in trying to find a franchise guy. While I think Tyrod is good I don't see a great QB that should be getting paid 15-20mill a year. We NEED to find our own franchise QB, not other teams rejects. For me the best scenario is play Hack all year. See what he has. He could be great or he could be awful, but atleast that question is answered. We then would know if he's awful to draft a QB high next year possibly even trade up. To add to that if Hack is awful odds are we will be drafting high already meaning the price to trade up is cheaper. Now that's worse case. Best case is Hack is the answer and we have our QB for the next 15yrs. I'd rather see us build up the roster on defense and the oline before turning the page on a guy that hasn't even taken a snap yet. Nevermind how much Tyrod would limit us in FA bc of us 15-20mill cap hit for the next few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3336
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
I wouldnt trade a pick for AJMac at least not that high. We need every pick we get our hands on. This team is way too old. I really want Tyrod on a 3-4 year deal at maybe 15 per, first two years guaranteed. We can keep developing our QBs and probably look to take one in 2018 who could still get a year or two of sitting.

We did not use Forte wrong. It took him nearly 35 carries again to eclipse 100 yards. Hes old and slow and not explosive at all. Does he ever break tackles? I would cut him and eat the money and go younger. He shouldnt have gotten even have the carries he got.

You do realize that would make Petty a FA by the time Tyrod guaranteed would be done and Hack with just a year left with no experience starting?


Im assuming were going to make a real move up to draft one next year in a what looks like a better class. However who knows. We might even have a decent one on this roster. Tyrod would be a solid stopgap for now until we find a guy we consider cant miss and make an aggressive move.

The FO needs to decide something this offseason. All this Tyrod talk might be nothing bc he might stay in buffalo. But even if he hits the market what does picking him up do for the next few years? For starters makes the Petty and Hack picks pointless. It also sets us back a few years in trying to find a franchise guy. While I think Tyrod is good I don't see a great QB that should be getting paid 15-20mill a year. We NEED to find our own franchise QB, not other teams rejects. For me the best scenario is play Hack all year. See what he has. He could be great or he could be awful, but atleast that question is answered. We then would know if he's awful to draft a QB high next year possibly even trade up. To add to that if Hack is awful odds are we will be drafting high already meaning the price to trade up is cheaper. Now that's worse case. Best case is Hack is the answer and we have our QB for the next 15yrs. I'd rather see us build up the roster on defense and the oline before turning the page on a guy that hasn't even taken a snap yet. Nevermind how much Tyrod would limit us in FA bc of us 15-20mill cap hit for the next few years.


They would move on from him because he is due $30M/a new head coach is coming in. Romo could be a real option for them. It's not that Tyrod is a bad player. plus he's only 27 and could play another decade if he is good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 3500
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for a edit yo
_________________

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group