Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas offseason
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trapt32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Dallas offseason Reply with quote

Dallas trades Tony Romo to the Browns for Rd 1 pick 12, 3rd rounder and a conditional 2nd rounder in 2018 that can turn into a first if Romo plays 12+ games

During the draft Dallas trades pick 12 to the Titans for pick 18 a 3rd rounder and a 2018 2nd

Resigned:
Claiborne
Cooper
McFadden

Signed:
Blaine Gabbart-QB
Kenny Stills-WR
Dion Jordan-DE
Stephon Gilmore-CB
Tony Jefferson-S

Draft:
1:18: Jabril Peppers-LB
1:32: Adoree Jackson-CB
2:64: Charles Walker-DT
3:65: DeDe Westbrook-WR
3:96: Carl Lawson-DE
3:83: Jake Butt-TE
4:128:Donnie Miles-S
6:214:Ben Boulware ILB
7:239:Ahmad Thomas S
7:251: Joe Mixon-RB

I know Huge Stretch but if something like this could happen I'd be ecstatic

And yes before anybody asks I am from oklahoma and have watched all these oklahoma guys play for years
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dallas trades Romo to the browns I'm quitting the team.
resilient

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like to SMASH on posters opinions, and I do like most of the off-season moves BUT there is no chance in hell Dallas gets THAT much return for a much older QB to a team clearly far from a SB contention.

Far too optimistic IMO.
Trapt32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
I don't like to SMASH on posters opinions, and I do like most of the off-season moves BUT there is no chance in hell Dallas gets THAT much return for a much older QB to a team clearly far from a SB contention.

Far too optimistic IMO.

Bradford an often injured by who has done less than romo has been traded twice, once to the eagles for foles, a 2nd and 4th then a 2nd time to the Vikings for a 1st and 4th

http://thebiglead.com/2013/04/24/quarterbacks-traded-for-first-round-picks-from-brett-favre-to-john-hadl-with-plenty-of-hilarity-in-between/

There is a precedent for why I got so much for romo
Trapt32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:

Why if it helps the team?
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt32 wrote:
resilient wrote:

Far too optimistic IMO.

Bradford an often injured by who has done less than romo has been traded twice, once to the eagles for foles, a 2nd and 4th then a 2nd time to the Vikings for a 1st and 4th

http://thebiglead.com/2013/04/24/quarterbacks-traded-for-first-round-picks-from-brett-favre-to-john-hadl-with-plenty-of-hilarity-in-between/

Lol, Sam Bradford is 7 years younger than Romo.

The trade bounty you are projecting for Romo is ludicrous.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Trapt32 wrote:
resilient wrote:

Far too optimistic IMO.

I think it's too much, but not ludicrous.

Bradford is 7 years younger, every bit as injury prone if not more so... and he is several tiers lower in capability.

The chance to put Romo behind center for $14m is going to attract several teams... and that will create a bidding war. And that will drive the price up.

I bet Dallas gets a first plus a conditional.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Trapt32 wrote:
resilient wrote:

Far too optimistic IMO.

Bradford is 7 years younger, every bit as injury prone if not more so... and he is several tiers lower in capability.

The chance to put Romo behind center for $14m is going to attract several teams... and that will create a bidding war. And that will drive the price up.

Knees and back though are two different animals. Coupled with the age, I just can't see a team stepping up that high. I'm thinking you could reverse what you said. Dallas gets a pick (3rd rder) and a conditional pick, that has potential to be a first rder.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Trapt32 wrote:
resilient wrote:

Far too optimistic IMO.

Romo is going to have to want to go to a team. If he got traded to the Browns, he'd probably just retire. Not to mention, Jerry loves Romo, and I believe would only send him somewhere he was willing to go.

If you are a Houston, Denver, Buffalo, or even KC, I think you seriously consider it. Might end up being a 2nd and a 4th or something like that. Plus, the caps going up.
CAPJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Jerry and Tony work something out to help both parties? Romo takes a small paycut if Jerry trades him to a list of preferred teams?
project T.O

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo is still a very good qb and when he's on the field he's an easy top 10 guy at the postion. However for how long and can he stay on the field? Because of that for the right team he's prob worth a second, but can't imagine anything higher.

And As others have said Romo doesn't deserve to go to the dumpster fire that is Cleveland. Behind that line he'd last maybe 2 games.

And browns really shouldn't be looking to give up picks for a qb. They need to address plenty of other spots with those draft picks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt32 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:

Why if it helps the team?

I was being tongue in cheek. But it would be doing Romo dirty to trade him to a rebuilding team... and honestly a rebuilding team wouldn't have the interest a contender minus QB would.

But a contender minus QB like Houston would be silly to not take a shot while they have a team that is otherwise in the heart of their window... and the fact that there is more than one team fitting that descritption and only one Romo caliber QB out there drives the price up.

Seriously your free agent/trade options go downhill fast:

Romo
Cousins (maybe, if skins don't stick with him)
Taylor (maybe, if Buffalo drops him)
Keenum
Hill
McGloin
Manuel
and it goes downhill from there

And a rookie is going to cost you a host of draft picks and maybe never be anything. If you've got a team that is a QB away from true contention, Romo is a relatively small risk for a very big reward.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a more realistic trade partner would be Denver, since they are projected to add two more 3rd round compensatory picks. Maybe their 3rd and a future 4th that can escalate depending on performance and team success.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I think a more realistic trade partner would be Denver, since they are projected to add two more 3rd round compensatory picks. Maybe their 3rd and a future 4th that can escalate depending on performance and team success.

I would tell Denver good luck with Siemian if they offered that.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Trapt32 wrote:
resilient wrote:

Far too optimistic IMO.

You might be able to get a 1st for him (my guess is a 2018 1st rounder after the draft), but 3 premium picks is a ludicrous bounty to give up for a 37 year old QB who hasn't been able to stay healthy since 2014.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: