Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jamaal Charles - from the horse's mouth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Jamaal Charles - from the horse's mouth Reply with quote

A very personal thing. But I'm not really sure what to make out of it with regard to football. His family life seems to be more than ok.

A good read.

http://www.jamaalcharles25.com/2017/01/09/the-here-and-now/

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home

Last edited by KC_Guy on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More then anything is I want is the Chiefs to win a superbowl and if we somehow win one this year would be awesome, but not to have Charles or Johnson playing would make me sad. They have been the heart and soul of the Chiefs for awhile.

Good read. Glad you shared it.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's one of my all time favorite Chiefs but at this point I'm not sure I wanna see him go down again. Kinda like Priest where his body just said enough is enough. I'd like to think of the guy playing with his kids and living it up in his retirement rather than think about him as Priest is now (I've read that guy is in pain everyday and can't get around very well any more). Either way I support whatever this guy does though. I met him a few years back and he was just a nice n funny dude. Good luck JC

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't refer to Charles as a horse. That's bad form.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed 58, bout being referred to as a "horse", but in today's football vernacular being "Bad" or being a "Horse"... is not in the LITERAL sense.

Nobody here would say that Justin Houston is Bad, as in a terrible human being with malice to children or women, etc., but the dude is "bad" in today's football vernacular.

I think we need to keep words in proper context as we apply them to different entities or different work places.

I think Peter's 'cheats" from time to time in baiting QB's. I like that. If he "cheats" in how he treats others in non-football environments, I'm not a fan. See my point??
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Please don't refer to Charles as a horse. That's bad form.

Just in case you're not aware of it. You can replace "tip" by "information".

Quote:
(straight) from the horse's mouth

Getting information from the highest authority.

Origin:
When you get a tip for a horse race, the tip is better as nearer it is to the horse e.g. the jockey or the trainer. When you got it straight from the horse's mouth, you have it directly from the source.

This tip is foolproof, I got it (straight) from the horse's mouth!

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=straight%20from%20the%20horse%27s%20mouth

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Agreed 58, bout being referred to as a "horse", but in today's football vernacular being "Bad" or being a "Horse"... is not in the LITERAL sense.

Nobody here would say that Justin Houston is Bad, as in a terrible human being with malice to children or women, etc., but the dude is "bad" in today's football vernacular.

I think we need to keep words in proper context as we apply them to different entities or different work places.

I think Peter's 'cheats" from time to time in baiting QB's. I like that. If he "cheats" in how he treats others in non-football environments, I'm not a fan. See my point??

Maybe...my reasoning is because our rival team the donkeys comes from the horse family.

I'm very aware of the phrase...in this case, when "horses mouth" hit my brain, I imagined Elway's face with Jamaal's hair and I almost puked.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:

Maybe...my reasoning is because our rival team the donkeys comes from the horse family.

I'm very aware of the phrase...in this case, when "horses mouth" hit my brain, I imagined Elway's face with Jamaal's hair and I almost puked.

If that's the association - are you sure you didn't suffer a concussion when the horse's mouth hit your brain???

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:

If that's the association - are you sure you didn't suffer a concussion when the horse's mouth hit your brain???

No I did not...but I bet Eric Berry did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: