Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jordy Nelson Fractures 2 Ribs - Out vs Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uppi32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM's comments seem like gamesmanship to me, wants Dallas to have to prepare as if he might play.

If Jordy can even just trot out there Sunday to be a decoy on half the snaps, I think that could help open things up. In the end if Aaron Rodgers plays like he has been, they won't need Jordy.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uppi32 wrote:
MM's comments seem like gamesmanship to me, wants Dallas to have to prepare as if he might play.

If Jordy can even just trot out there Sunday to be a decoy on half the snaps, I think that could help open things up. In the end if Aaron Rodgers plays like he has been, they won't need Jordy.

Won't work, this is pure guesswork but I figure inside NFL circles they actually know if it's out of the question.

But I wear tinfoil hats.
gillam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Uppi32 wrote:

Won't work, this is pure guesswork but I figure inside NFL circles they actually know if it's out of the question.

But I wear tinfoil hats.

Are you tongue slitter or is that horizon zenith. I can't keep up who to like on this forum any more.

We still all hate Joe Arrgio right??
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Uppi32 wrote:

But I wear tinfoil hats.

Yup, anyone whose experienced a body shot like that knows full well theres no way.

I know theres been instances of guys who have played with cracked or broken ribs, holy crap those are some tough sons of guns. I couldn't lay on my side, it hurt to sneeze, cough, laugh for months after I broke mine. They take forever to heal too. Even if just a fracture, thatd be super tough to play, and you KNOW that the cowboys/seahawks secondary would target the ever living crap out of jordy if he tried to play. I just don't think for his health its a good idea, and I think Green Bay already knows this.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it's Madden logic. Madden literally has a thing where if a player's stamina is low they're like 700 percent more likely to get injured or fumble the ball.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Smith broke 4 ribs in a game last year against the Steelers .. he missed the following game against Cleveland, but returned the next week to post 100 plus and a TD against the 49'ers. I don't think Nelson will miss much time.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepConvection wrote:
Yeah he's out for the season unless he wants to risk the rest of his career.

This guy.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Uppi32 wrote:

But I wear tinfoil hats.

Yup, anyone whose experienced a body shot like that knows full well theres no way.

I know theres been instances of guys who have played with cracked or broken ribs, holy crap those are some tough sons of guns. I couldn't lay on my side, it hurt to sneeze, cough, laugh for months after I broke mine. They take forever to heal too. Even if just a fracture, thatd be super tough to play, and you KNOW that the cowboys/seahawks secondary would target the ever living crap out of jordy if he tried to play. I just don't think for his health its a good idea, and I think Green Bay already knows this.

And would you blame them? I'd honestly hope the Packers would do that to an opponent.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

persiandud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, we really needed him for this game
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Guys, it's Madden logic. Madden literally has a thing where if a player's stamina is low they're like 700 percent more likely to get injured or fumble the ball.

Lol didnt know that
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
That article doesn't really relate...

It's one of the reasons the team gave a couple years ago for increasing the number of breaks during practice. To reduce injury.

Sure. But I thought we were talking snaps in a row.

That hasn't worked as far as I can tell anyways.

We are.

It seemed to have worked well initially.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2014/08/06/mccarthy-changes-practice-routine/13705335/

This year there have been a lot of injuries, but who knows how many there would have been if those steps had not been taken.

he literally moved the full speed workout closer to the full speed game by taking the jog-through practice a day earlier...

so, using your logic, the risk to injury was increased by this change

really though, now i'm done - this conversation is insane Laughing

Haha no, this is what's being referred to:

In individual practices, McCarthy used to start with a lengthy jog-through, and then go to the full-speed portion of the workout. But GPS data has shown that jog-throughs and walk-throughs in all sports are more fatiguing than teams realized, and can leave players more susceptible to fatigue injuries late in the full-speed portions of practice.

So McCarthy moved much of the jog-through teaching to the end of practice, when the fatigue doesn't matter because players aren't moving fast enough to get hurt.

Then on Saturday, he conducts a short, full-speed practice whose purpose is to prime players' central nervous systems without being so long as to fatigue them.
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2015/02/19/packers-modified-practice-schedule-pays-dividends/23712227/

Last edited by DeepConvection on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:

Madden is obviously simulating a real world occurrence. As pointed out above.
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we sub out OL every 5 plays? They're doing a ton more work and taking a ton more wear than WRs or RBs.

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
persiandud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm honestly a bit shocked so many Packer fans (not just in this forum, everywhere I look) are feeling good about this game if we go in without Jordy Nelson

ya'll remember last season? our WRs with Jordy still struggle to separate consistently

Rodgers would have to be Godgers for 60 min for us to win. it's a huge loss
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
i'm honestly a bit shocked so many Packer fans (not just in this forum, everywhere I look) are feeling good about this game if we go in without Jordy Nelson

ya'll remember last season? our WRs with Jordy still struggle to separate consistently

Rodgers would have to be Godgers for 60 min for us to win. it's a huge loss

It's def a loss, but Ya'll remember last Sunday against a better defense? 38 points without Jordy.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: