Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars hire Interim HC Doug Marrone as Permanent Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Jaguars WR coach Jerry Sullivan won't return to staff.

Per Ryan O

Yeah, there's nothing good that can be said about this hire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys kept your paws off Mike Smith? Nice..
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
k

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breer said we're making changes to the defensive staff, but it's unclear how much change will happen. He was also the one who reported coaches were told they would stay.

Fire everyone. Not a single one of them has earned the right to keep their job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Breer said we're making changes to the defensive staff, but it's unclear how much change will happen. He was also the one who reported coaches were told they would stay.

Fire everyone. Not a single one of them has earned the right to keep their job.

He should be fired off the strength of losing that 17 point lead in final game his play calling down the stretch was horrible.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Dalvin Cook - ????
Jags

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Per Ryan O

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/1/10/14227528/jerry-sullivan-out-as-jaguars-receivers-coach

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

I hope SD hires Mike Smith seeing as though Defense is his forte.. but thats not really SD's issue is it? Last time Mike Smith coached another talentless squad he was 4-12, and 6-10.. He can coach defense but I doubt he can work miracles.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Dalvin Cook - ????
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Per Ryan O

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/1/10/14227528/jerry-sullivan-out-as-jaguars-receivers-coach
What a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewayne Walker (DB coach) is gawn.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Jimmy Smith coming in as a WR coach in some capacity. Otherwise he's trolling people on twitter big time.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
You know, instead of holding up a pitchfork 24/7, its a lot better to take the wait and see approach. Sorry if not everyone wants to sit here in deep depression.
I mean anyone who has seen me as a fan on here for years knows I've been the eternal optimist. Outside of Gabbert and Fowler, I have always taken the relax, wait and see approach. I've even talked positively about the logic of the concept of picks I didn't like to try to talk people down (see: the Joeckel draft pick thread or the questions about doubling down on gadget players with Ace/Denard or the questions about Josh Evans).

It's just...at some point, always taking the stance that "maybe they got it right this time" when all the evidence suggests they're on the path of making the same type of mistake they always make, it just doesn't work anymore.

Telling us all these guys who were a part of the worst staff in NFL history are actually going to make it work now and that every single problem we had was Gus? I'm sorry, I can't buy that. Gus screwed up with his first OC and DC and his second OC. But now we're going to act like he nailed the second DC, third OC, had a slam dunk on the OL coach (who coached a garbage OL) and the entire defensive staff that couldn't coach themselves out of a wet paper bag is suddenly going to be good now that Gus isn't there? I'm sorry, I can't pretend that this makes sense and try to argue the positives of this. We're literally just acting like everyone who sucked only sucked because of Gus and Olson and now the two dozen players and coaches who all sucked are suddenly going to be good.

It's been terrible here for a decade. I've been along for the ride (without all the past success that some of you may have endured in late 90's/very early 00's) just like you guys. I get being upset with this team and pessimitic on things. I get it.

I was replying to Sabo asking how other fans that don't mind/like the hire of Marrone and are justifying. I wanted to go outside the organization myself just like others, but from a pure HC perspective Marrone was one of the best on the market.

Would I of rather had Shanny? Yes, but that was more so to fix Bortles and hope that hides other flaws that Shanny may have. I think he had the best chance to fix whatever is wrong with him. As a HC though, no one knows what so ever if he would be the answer/a good HC. He has some qualities that remind me a bit of McDaniels PRIOR to Denver.

I also keep seeing people continue to bring up Khan/Caldwell and how they failed with Gus and these last four years have been brutal. I totally am with them, but we just hired Coughlin to basically be the top dog in the football department in this organization. Caldwell/Marrone answer to him. Khan is interested in things on the football side of things of course, but his knowledge isn't great and he's said just that before. So, he goes out and gets a VP that will oversee everything/everything will be run through him. Until Coughlin proves to me that he is incompetent in this role, I'm going to role with it. He's basically our new GM with more power than a GM has. Khan is going to listen to whatever Coughlin says when it comes to the football side of things, I have no doubt in my mind.

As for people saying we're "doubling down on Bortles", I also don't get that. I believe it was Jay Glazer that said Coughlin isn't a very big Bortles fan. So this isn't us hiring Marrone/Hackett to keep the continuity with Bortles. This is Coughlin thinking Marrone is a great HC canddiate that he wanted to start things off with here. He may have not been on interviews, but Coughlin knows Marrone well and has a Syracuse connection. He obviously see's great qualities in Marrone and thinks he can turn this ship around.

Again, anyone that wants to be highly critical is more than welcome to. This organization deserves every bit of it. If this didn't come with Coughlin I'd be more skeptical than I am. But this isn't the same old Dave/Khan who hired Gus situation. This is a new mind from outside the organization that wanted Marrone here who is highly respected/knowledgable about the NFL. Sitting here and complaining about Marrone when we don't know what he's capable of here just makes no sense to me. He's had success in the large role he's had in last decade (NO, Cuse, BUF). Sure, he's not the shiny/exciting hire, but I guess that isn't huge for me. We did that with Gus and a bunch of Jaguars fans were excited about "Seattle South." I remember that all to clearly to care at all if we get another "shiny" candidate. Give me the guy that has the best chance of being here for next several years to turn it around. Seems as if Coughlin and co. think that's Marrone.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker being let go makes sense. Don't be surprised if Perry Fewell comes on as DB coach. Pretty sure he was here in the late 90's with those elite secondaries we had too...great hire if we can land him.

El Ramster on the sig
jagman777

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Jags wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Per Ryan O

What a joke.

wow. sounds like he was willing to stay on. that is inexcusable.

marrone already proving he's garbage.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Jags wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Per Ryan O

What a joke.

wow. sounds like he was willing to stay on. that is inexcusable.

marrone already proving he's garbage.
He fired legitimately the greatest WR coach in NFL history, who still clearly knows what he's doing.

Straight boneheaded. And no amount of nostalgia kick from bringing in Jimmy will make this excusable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not upset over the Sullivan firing.

Yea he has done a good job developing guys. The man is 72 years old though. Even if he coached for one more year, I don't see him coaching past that.

He's probably gonna retire now.

^^el ramster^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: