Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars hire Interim HC Doug Marrone as Permanent Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to relax. Doug marrone was a great head coach for the bills. He's strict and a good coach that will get good coordinators around him since he's respected. The team will be displined, and they need to be. Marrone will get the best out of his players. Tom and Doug at the top will change the culture. I see a huge rebound season ahead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
You guys need to relax. Doug marrone was a great head coach for the bills. He's strict and a good coach that will get good coordinators around him since he's respected. The team will be displined, and they need to be. Marrone will get the best out of his players. Tom and Doug at the top will change the culture. I see a huge rebound season ahead

I think most will be fine/like it as time goes on. I personally already am on board with it and like Marrone as a HC. Like most have stated, it has more to do with how it happened than Marrone as a coach. We could have known if Marrone should be hired/not hired if we would have let go of Gus earlier. Instead, we keep a lame duck HC like Gus through week 15 and barely get a look. Doesn't make much sense.

Although Coughlin looks like he wasn't in on interviews, it does seem like he was definitely on the Marrone train considering he didn't want to sign on as VP of Football Ops until we were thinking Marrone. But still is puzzling that Caldwell/Khan waited so long to give him a shot if we liked him as a HC possibility. Seems as if they sold him by the way he did things in those final couple weeks though.

On top of that, it sounds like the staff is sticking...or at least the coordinators. I think most expected that with Hackett being his OC in BUF and Cuse, but we all want change as far as the defense goes. I think Wash will adapt/change how he runs the defense without Gus, but a guy like Pettine or someone like that sounds leaps and bounds better.

El Ramster on the sig
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance you can keep the ol coach that coached the worst ol play in the last 4 years to keep your losing culture you have to

and then you need to keep the awful coordinators that helped put together the worst 4 year stretch in nfl history

this team is going to stay bad idk how any of you are justifying what just happened

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are we really keeping the whole defensive staff? the defensive staff that our players trashed at the end of the year for not putting them in the best positions to make an impact?

next year is going to be amazing
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
any chance you can keep the ol coach that coached the worst ol play in the last 4 years to keep your losing culture you have to

and then you need to keep the awful coordinators that helped put together the worst 4 year stretch in nfl history

this team is going to stay bad idk how any of you are justifying what just happened

So because our OL wasnt great Marrome cant be a HC?

Got it...

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, instead of holding up a pitchfork 24/7, its a lot better to take the wait and see approach. Sorry if not everyone wants to sit here in deep depression.

Considering the HC, OC, and likely some position coaches are going to be out/already are, you acting like theres no change is laughable. Marrone is going to change things mightily compared to Gus. Hackett wont be running Olsens offense next year like he did this year.

How Marrone became interim is dumb, should have been done far earlier. Doesnt mean Marrone isnt a good HC candidate. His resume goes much farther back than the OL coach of the Jaguars.

El Ramster on the sig
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because you settled for a mediocre hire and are trying to spin in as anything but a failure

got it...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
because you settled for a mediocre hire and are trying to spin in as anything but a failure

got it...

How do you know hes a mediocre hire?

Did you want the OC with no experience that could be Gus or McDaniels the first time around? Did you want McDaniels who has failed evryywhere outside of NE? Did you want Smitty whose a defensive mind? Did you want Harold Goodwin who has no power in Arizona as the OC? Did you want Anthony Lynn who an OC for one season?

Who did you want? Who was this homerun hire?

El Ramster on the sig

Last edited by .Buzz on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
You know, instead of holding up a pitchfork 24/7, its a lot better to take the wait and see approach. Sorry if not everyone wants to sit here in deep depression.

Considering the HC, OC, and likely some position coaches are going to be out/already are, you acting like theres no change is laughable. Marrone is going to change things mightily compared to Gus. Hackett wont be running Olsens offense next year like he did this year.

How Marrone became interim is dumb, should have been done far earlier. Doesnt mean Marrone isnt a good HC candidate. His resume goes much farther back than the OL coach of the Jaguars.

you kept one of the guys who allowed your starting qb to regress to the point where he said he doesn't know how to throw a football and was apart of a culture nothing but failure and no accountability

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

you kept one of the guys who allowed your starting qb to regress to the point where he said he doesn't know how to throw a football and was apart of a culture nothing but failure and no accountability

You mean the guy that fixed his footwork once he took over which caused his mechanics to look much better his last two weeks once Marrone stepped in? Okay....

Think Olsen is your guy there. He told Blake not to go to CAL to work on his mechanics.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
I mean anyone who has seen me as a fan on here for years knows I've been the eternal optimist. Outside of Gabbert and Fowler, I have always taken the relax, wait and see approach. I've even talked positively about the logic of the concept of picks I didn't like to try to talk people down (see: the Joeckel draft pick thread or the questions about doubling down on gadget players with Ace/Denard or the questions about Josh Evans).

It's just...at some point, always taking the stance that "maybe they got it right this time" when all the evidence suggests they're on the path of making the same type of mistake they always make, it just doesn't work anymore.

Telling us all these guys who were a part of the worst staff in NFL history are actually going to make it work now and that every single problem we had was Gus? I'm sorry, I can't buy that. Gus screwed up with his first OC and DC and his second OC. But now we're going to act like he nailed the second DC, third OC, had a slam dunk on the OL coach (who coached a garbage OL) and the entire defensive staff that couldn't coach themselves out of a wet paper bag is suddenly going to be good now that Gus isn't there? I'm sorry, I can't pretend that this makes sense and try to argue the positives of this. We're literally just acting like everyone who sucked only sucked because of Gus and Olson and now the two dozen players and coaches who all sucked are suddenly going to be good.

Live life like you're down 3-1
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fan base is getting restless.. the fans are tired of seeing this team lose. All have made valid points for your perspective cases. It's a difficult time because this team is not where every other team is right now I think Caldwell looked up and where there was no pressure before because he was lead sled dog and he had no one to answer too. I think Shad realizes his faults as well he let a direction of futility run amok in his team I think he realizes he made a mistake. I also think Caldwell also hears the clock ticking now he can't just sit down a twiddle his thumbs now he has to be proactive instead of reactive now. I expect him to be aggressive this team could not just start back from the beginning again I still think we had enough talent in that room to get to 8 wins last year.

Gus thought he could just put the talent on the field and win games you can do that in college you can't do that in the NFL the rest of the league was playing chess and Gus was playing checkers. I think the league as a hold thought Gus was a joke just go back look at the number of games opposing teams sat key players down in order to get them healthy.. it was weekly why because Gus did a disservice to this team by failing to plan prep and execute a decent game plan week to week. That's a vital part of where he went wrong this team had no semblance of a game plan going into each game. That's why you found yourself looking at the games saying they are still doing the same dumba$s things every week. Marrone will provide structure and a game plan keying in on mismatches and team weaknesses and attack them you saw that in the last 2 games. I don't have a problem with Marrone I have problem with the process and doing the same dumb things week in and week out. Marrone will hold players accountable I expect more discipline this year and I expect old Jaguars football to return. If your not expecting to win every week then stop showing up. I want to see these guys stop drafting the same positions over and over again we don't have time to wait on dlineman to develop. We have to stop hedging our bets on potential talent and talent ready to produce day one.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - ????
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

got it...

How do you know hes a mediocre hire?

Did you want the OC with no experience that could be Gus or McDaniels the first time around? Did you want McDaniels who has failed evryywhere outside of NE? Did you want Smitty whose a defensive mind? Did you want Harold Goodwin who has no power in Arizona as the OC? Did you want Anthony Lynn who an OC for one season?

Who did you want? Who was this homerun hire?
There was no home run hire. But this entire thing of keeping the staff intact and just shuffling chairs is the least inspiring thing they could have done for a fanbase that has suffered through the worst 5 year stretch in NFL history. Even if this is a good decision, there's no way to spin this as a positive except "they all sucked, but they won't suck now that Gus is gone". At least give us a different group of garbage instead of the same one we've had for years.

jagman777

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's important to note that Caldwell got a pretty serious demotion here. like.. he's getting put in the child seat in the back of Shad's minivan. Now I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, I think a lot of fans overrate him here. I don't think he has been particularly good. but this pretty much shows that Shad has lost faith in him. so we have a head coach who was a part of one of our worst teams of all time, which oversaw the worst QB regression I've ever seen, an entire defensive staff that the players OPENLY trashed to the media, and a lame duck GM who ownership clearly has lost a lot of respect for.

tell me how this doesn't just smell like a disaster?
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
I think it's important to note that Caldwell got a pretty serious demotion here. like.. he's getting put in the child seat in the back of Shad's minivan. Now I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, I think a lot of fans overrate him here. I don't think he has been particularly good. but this pretty much shows that Shad has lost faith in him. so we have a head coach who was a part of one of our worst teams of all time, which oversaw the worst QB regression I've ever seen, an entire defensive staff that the players OPENLY trashed to the media, and a lame duck GM who ownership clearly has lost a lot of respect for.

tell me how this doesn't just smell like a disaster?
!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: