Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacksonville to hire Doug Marrone as Head Coach :0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
iPwn wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:
Maybe just maybe the job isn't as desirable as fans make it out to be. Lots of people don't like Blake Bortles as a long term starter in the NFL and if you want to be the coach you have to take him. At least for 2017.
Our GM literally said that he was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of interest he had from potential hires. He said he was contacted by an overwhelming number of people interested in the job and that he was surprised that he didn't have to call to get people interested.

So maybe "fans" were wrong about the desirability of the job, but it would only be because our GM is a liar.

I mean.. "coachspeak" by the GM is a thing. Can't really draw conclusions from what the GM says.
Coachspeak is not literally lying about interest in a opening. He compared it to when Gus was hired and said it was tenfold better. He actually had multiple people from outside the organization who wanted the job then. He said that when Gus was hired, he had to cold call for all interviews because it was so disinteresting, but that this time he got direct calls from overwhelming numbers of well qualified candidates outside the organizationwho wanted the job. So coachspeak wouldn't account for flat out lying.

i mean iwbh flat-out lying is a thing too

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Everyone on defensive staff but Todd Wash and an assistant staying. Has to mean that BS scheme is getting tossed out. Thank the lord.

Offensive staff it sounds like is totally getting rebuild besides Hackett for the most part (his OC at Cuse and BUF), so that's good as well.

I think the Jaguars are bringing in Jimmy Smith (J-Smooth) to coach the WR's in some capacity. Love seeing him back with the team in some capacity.

He's keeping Hackett as OC?!!!!!!!

Now I really feel bad for you. Hackett is worse than Marrone

We will see. He will have a lot more to work with than what he had in Buffalo.

^^el ramster^^
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
iPwn wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
iPwn wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:
Maybe just maybe the job isn't as desirable as fans make it out to be. Lots of people don't like Blake Bortles as a long term starter in the NFL and if you want to be the coach you have to take him. At least for 2017.
Our GM literally said that he was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of interest he had from potential hires. He said he was contacted by an overwhelming number of people interested in the job and that he was surprised that he didn't have to call to get people interested.

So maybe "fans" were wrong about the desirability of the job, but it would only be because our GM is a liar.

I mean.. "coachspeak" by the GM is a thing. Can't really draw conclusions from what the GM says.
Coachspeak is not literally lying about interest in a opening. He compared it to when Gus was hired and said it was tenfold better. He actually had multiple people from outside the organization who wanted the job then. He said that when Gus was hired, he had to cold call for all interviews because it was so disinteresting, but that this time he got direct calls from overwhelming numbers of well qualified candidates outside the organizationwho wanted the job. So coachspeak wouldn't account for flat out lying.

i mean iwbh flat-out lying is a thing too
I said that, yes.

Live life like you're down 3-1
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Everyone on defensive staff but Todd Wash and an assistant staying. Has to mean that BS scheme is getting tossed out. Thank the lord.

Offensive staff it sounds like is totally getting rebuild besides Hackett for the most part (his OC at Cuse and BUF), so that's good as well.

I think the Jaguars are bringing in Jimmy Smith (J-Smooth) to coach the WR's in some capacity. Love seeing him back with the team in some capacity.

Does Jimmy have his issues under control?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Does Jimmy have his issues under control?

As far as I know yes. He was inducted into the Pride of the Jaguars this season. Pretty sure the only way he could was by being and staying clean for a certain period of time.

Plus, no way TC or Marrone put him on if they thought he was. Not exactly a great role model for the young receivers if he still had those problems. Laughing

El Ramster on the sig
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
we're really gonna be good next year this time
we promise
all those other times didn't count. this time we are super serious

That's what everyone thought this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
we're really gonna be good next year this time
we promise
all those other times didn't count. this time we are super serious

That's what everyone thought this year.

He's being sarcastic.

El Ramster on the sig
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand not wanting Marrone but who was wanted instead? Mike Smith? Kyle Shanahan? Just curious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
I understand not wanting Marrone but who was wanted instead? Mike Smith? Kyle Shanahan? Just curious

I think mike smith would have been the best hire assuming he brings in a half decent OC (which would be a 200% upgrade from our current guy)
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much of the Gus Bradley regime will be trimmed? Going with an insider doesn't seem like they want to change the culture of the team, though they did look good at the tail end. Really don't know enough about Marrone to know if it's a good hire or just more of the same.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
So how much of the Gus Bradley regime will be trimmed? Going with an insider doesn't seem like they want to change the culture of the team, though they did look good at the tail end. Really don't know enough about Marrone to know if it's a good hire or just more of the same.

Well, considering we fired all of the defensive staff beside Wash and an assistant I'd say the scheme will be completely overhauled. Wash basically just ran what Gus wanted.

The culture will be very different. Doug Marrone is a complete 180 from Gus, plus we added Coughlin to oversee all football operations. I think the "just get better" motto from Gus is long gone at this point.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess Hackett isn't the shoe in at OC. We are interested in Mike McCoy and liked Downing from OAK before he got their OC job.

I expect Hackett to be the guy, but their looking around.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been more upset about decisions...ho hum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alex MarvezVerified account
‏@alexmarvez
I'm told Tom Coughlin has blocked Doug Marrone from hiring Donnie Henderson 2 @Jaguars coaching staff. TC/DH had big blowup at '05 scrimmage

Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told Doug Marrone wants to hire @buffalobills ST coach Danny Crossman for @Jaguars staff but hasn't gotten Tom Coughlin's approval yet

Henderson is one of the best. I hope he comes back to Buffalo.

Crossman is solid but he needs special team specific players to have a good unit.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily Doug absolutely admires Tom Coughlin based on the press conference in every way. Laughing

But yeah, TC is going to have final say on a lot of things here. He won't force a staff on him, but he wants this to get built right. We need this type of leadership/knowledge to get back on track. TC cares so much about Jacksonville...he's going to get us back on track.

El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: