Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT - Divisional Round: GB vs DAL - The King of the North!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflections on the Dez catch anniversary
https://cowboysblitz.com/2017/01/11/dez-caught-it-but-the-cowboys-lost-it/

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
///mcompact

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyecatcher wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
I've heard that the GB fans have been arrogant in this forum's past but never really saw it match the level of the reputation. Just in the last 24 hours...yeah...it's a monumental level of arrogance. At the very least, both parties should honestly say this looks to be a *close* game..but nah. They are talking up a blow-out win here the likes I haven't seen in awhile.

To that, I say "fine". They've set quite the table for themselves to eat from. Hopefully all of these characters stay seated at the table once the main course is more than they can chew and the humble pie is brought out.

Shots have been called, mostly by the GB fans (talks about whether Jordy will be back by the SB, whether they want to face ATL/SEA, etc.), so if that verbal check gets bounced, best believe they'll be hearing about it, not just this year, but years to come. And this will be coming from everyone, not just Cowboy fans.

Where have you seen this from Packer fans? ESPN chat is full of the most arrogant Dallas fans but I wouldn't categorize the entire fanbase because 10-20 idiots are calling fro a rout. The fan base is a little bigger than 10-20 people isn't it.

WTH is "ESPN chat"? I'm going off this forum.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
eyecatcher wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
I've heard that the GB fans have been arrogant in this forum's past but never really saw it match the level of the reputation. Just in the last 24 hours...yeah...it's a monumental level of arrogance. At the very least, both parties should honestly say this looks to be a *close* game..but nah. They are talking up a blow-out win here the likes I haven't seen in awhile.

To that, I say "fine". They've set quite the table for themselves to eat from. Hopefully all of these characters stay seated at the table once the main course is more than they can chew and the humble pie is brought out.

Shots have been called, mostly by the GB fans (talks about whether Jordy will be back by the SB, whether they want to face ATL/SEA, etc.), so if that verbal check gets bounced, best believe they'll be hearing about it, not just this year, but years to come. And this will be coming from everyone, not just Cowboy fans.

Where have you seen this from Packer fans? ESPN chat is full of the most arrogant Dallas fans but I wouldn't categorize the entire fanbase because 10-20 idiots are calling fro a rout. The fan base is a little bigger than 10-20 people isn't it.

He's right, though. Think about it. It is much smarter to base it off ESPN chat than posters on Footballs Future.

There is nothing completely idiotic about his statement. At. All.

Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
eyecatcher wrote:
///mcompact wrote:

He's right, though. Think about it. It is much smarter to base it off ESPN chat than posters on Footballs Future.

There is nothing completely idiotic about his statement. At. All.

Laughing

At least he didn't say PFT comments Laughing
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
Reflections on the Dez catch anniversary
https://cowboysblitz.com/2017/01/11/dez-caught-it-but-the-cowboys-lost-it/

One thing that article failed to mention was the GB KO that they fumbled in the second half and somehow we didn't get with a couple of guys right there with the ball at there feet.

------------------------------------------------------
///mcompact

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

I had to google what "PFT" was. Looking through the comments, it was riddled with just short, regurgitated comments with no substance to back it up. Kind of like walking down the street and asking casuals what they thought about a match-up. If that's what ESPN Chat is about, I'm glad I never wasted time with it.

Anyway, did find this gem in there:

"Last time, Dez didn’t play…..Dak had 5 starts under his belt….Zeke went for 150+….Jordy played….at Lambeau.

This time, Dez will play….Dak has 16 starts under his belt….Zeke will go for 150+….Jordy won’t play….at AT&T.

Dallas won that game 30-16."

Two points are assumptions:
- Zeke's yardage
- Jordy's availability

I just took away the fact that Dak has more than 5 starts under his belt heading into the game, Capers will now have to account for Dez and this match-up is now taking place outside of Lambeau. Mitigate that all you want, but for those saying that GB will be playing so much better than they did the first time around, I counter with "So will Dallas".

I'm sure GB fans will respond with "But it's Godger this time!" and "Cook is a threat, by golly" comments, and that's fine. We both have our reasons for believing how much of an advantage our teams have over another....that's why we tune in and watch the game.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Cowboys Packers game from 2014 is online to watch somewhere?
resilient

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Does anyone know if the Cowboys Packers game from 2014 is online to watch somewhere?

part of me would like to see it again, the other would want to throw up.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

I had to google what "PFT" was. Looking through the comments, it was riddled with just short, regurgitated comments with no substance to back it up. Kind of like walking down the street and asking casuals what they thought about a match-up. If that's what ESPN Chat is about, I'm glad I never wasted time with it.

Anyway, did find this gem in there:

"Last time, Dez didn’t play…..Dak had 5 starts under his belt….Zeke went for 150+….Jordy played….at Lambeau.

This time, Dez will play….Dak has 16 starts under his belt….Zeke will go for 150+….Jordy won’t play….at AT&T.

Dallas won that game 30-16."

Two points are assumptions:
- Zeke's yardage
- Jordy's availability

I just took away the fact that Dak has more than 5 starts under his belt heading into the game, Capers will now have to account for Dez and this match-up is now taking place outside of Lambeau. Mitigate that all you want, but for those saying that GB will be playing so much better than they did the first time around, I counter with "So will Dallas".

I'm sure GB fans will respond with "But it's Godger this time!" and "Cook is a threat, by golly" comments, and that's fine. We both have our reasons for believing how much of an advantage our teams have over another....that's why we tune in and watch the game.

I don't go to PFT anymore but when I used to 90% of the comments were just troll accounts saying crazy stuff. Sometimes it was kind of funny but most were just pure annoying.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

NFL Gamepass. Just do a 7-day trial membership to watch the game and others (archives go back to like SB 3 or 4), but be forewarned: You'll never go back to how you viewed games before. Wink

I've been hooked since about 2010 and it's worth ~$250 annually for full coverage of all NFL action (black-out or not) for 365 days (pro-bowl/combine/draft/preseason/All-22/condensed versions/different broadcast audio versions..everything).
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

NFL Gamepass. Just do a 7-day trial membership to watch the game and others (archives go back to like SB 3 or 4), but be forewarned: You'll never go back to how you viewed games before. Wink

I've been hooked since about 2010 and it's worth ~$250 annually for full coverage of all NFL action (black-out or not) for 365 days (pro-bowl/combine/draft/preseason/All-22/condensed versions/different broadcast audio versions..everything).

It's all on replay, though, right? Not live?

I can't imagine a scenario where the ability to watch games the day after will materially change anything for me. I'm not going to do that. Is the other content good enough?
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

part of me would like to see it again, the other would want to throw up.

I just watched the extended highlights. I recommend you avoid it. I want to throw up.

Two things I forgot about that game:

-I remember that killer Murray fumble, but didn't recall how he was 100% going to get a touchdown if he hadn't fumbled it. There was nothing but green pastures in front of him.

-3rd and 11 for the Packers with 2 minutes left. Our DL (Crawford?) tipped the pass, but Randall Cobb still caught it. Otherwise we would have had one last drive.

I'm surprised those details escaped me. Probably because of how overwhelming the Dez no-catch was.
bullrider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
bullrider wrote:
bullrider is here!

So what's your occupation?

retired military
bullrider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
bullrider wrote:
bullrider is here!

So what's your occupation?

Take it easy on bullrider... it's only his username because bullhumper couldn't get through the filter. J/K

I would take u more seriously, if your finger was not in your nose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 7 of 50

Jump to: