You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT - Divisional Round: GB vs DAL - The King of the North!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
GreenBlood wrote:
Northland wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers 3rd and 20 play that Texas_Outlaw is talking about. Heartbreaking

Non call against Green Bay.

Sorry to break it to you, but they were letting that stuff go all game long on both sides. Matthews got held all day long and with not a single call. And if you watch it in real time, you'll Lang was actually letting him go. You picked a freeze frame as Lang was letting him go.

Horribly officiated game on both sides all game long. They let a lot of stuff go. I was watching the game with a die hard Dolphins fan who hates Dallas. On the Lang non hold call he got up from his chair yelling that's a hold. It's the inconsistency that drives me nuts. Hopefully the refs won't influence either conference championship game. Something tells me they will. Truthfully I would have rather been blown out than to lose like we did. Easier to take. Still I am proud of the way we fought back. I thought the Pack might put up 50 at the rate we were going. This loss stings because we came so close. Future looks good though.
I can recall at least twice Devante Adams being held so bad that his jersey was pulled off his shoulder pad but we didn't get either call. The refs in this game were just terrible, for both teams.

Dak was so damn impressive. Down 18 and to battle back like he did. Gotta love that. Elliott is a monster. We'd have him hit at after only a yard and he'd still fall forward for a 4-6 yard gain. Crazy strong. Those two rookies are going to be good for a long time I think. Dak seems to have a good head on his shoulders and that's a huge thing for a young QB.

El ramster on the custom sig!
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Northland wrote:
GreenBlood wrote:
Northland wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Sorry to break it to you, but they were letting that stuff go all game long on both sides. Matthews got held all day long and with not a single call. And if you watch it in real time, you'll Lang was actually letting him go. You picked a freeze frame as Lang was letting him go.

Horribly officiated game on both sides all game long. They let a lot of stuff go. I was watching the game with a die hard Dolphins fan who hates Dallas. On the Lang non hold call he got up from his chair yelling that's a hold. It's the inconsistency that drives me nuts. Hopefully the refs won't influence either conference championship game. Something tells me they will. Truthfully I would have rather been blown out than to lose like we did. Easier to take. Still I am proud of the way we fought back. I thought the Pack might put up 50 at the rate we were going. This loss stings because we came so close. Future looks good though.
I can recall at least twice Devante Adams being held so bad that his jersey was pulled off his shoulder pad but we didn't get either call. The refs in this game were just terrible, for both teams.

Dak was so damn impressive. Down 18 and to battle back like he did. Gotta love that. Elliott is a monster. We'd have him hit at after only a yard and he'd still fall forward for a 4-6 yard gain. Crazy strong. Those two rookies are going to be good for a long time I think. Dak seems to have a good head on his shoulders and that's a huge thing for a young QB.

I don't disagree with you. Both teams got away with a lot. I think the officiating was brutal. I'm proud of the Boys. Dak is the real deal as is Elliott. We have a solid young core of players under contract. I think we will contend for a while. We really need to add some talent to the d line.

Spartacus1337

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Northland wrote:
GreenBlood wrote:
Northland wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

I don't disagree with you. Both teams got away with a lot. I think the officiating was brutal. I'm proud of the Boys. Dak is the real deal as is Elliott. We have a solid young core of players under contract. I think we will contend for a while. We really need to add some talent to the d line.

Agreed. I though Dak would fold after 21-3 but he made some big time plays. He sees the field better than almost every rookie I have ever seen. Its amazing how well he goes through his progressions.

He put the ball up a few times that better corners may have taken advantage of. One went right through our back up safeties hands. If Burnett was back there that wouldn't have been dropped. His deep ball needs to get better to force the safeties back. He has that great short and intermediate stuff down though which you love to see from a rookie.

If he can just get an accurate deep ball down I think he will be a great one. Reminds me a lot of Rodgers the way he moves and throws in the pocket.

I AM GOLTHAR THE TERRIBLE, WHAT HAVE I TO FEAR FROM ROME? - Aaron Rodgers
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't blame the refs for this one, they were equally bad for both teams. Sean Lee letting Rogers beat him and the ball slip right between his arms, Butler missing an easy TD right between his hands and settling for 3, Passing on 3rd and 2 instead of feeding Zeke and settling for 3pts, and then to watch Brown completely lose his guy on 3rd and 20 and not only give up the catch, but let the catch be in FG range ... You can't make mistakes like that and expect to win this deep in the playoffs against an equally great team.

Really impressed by Dak, Zeke, Dez, Witten and the OL - our Run D was solid minus a few plays. Carr was absolutely worthless when it came to tackling, bunch of whiffed arm tackles where he wouldn't get his head into the fray. Our cover DB's weren't up to the task, Church was out of position often, and Heath had a couple huge plays but didn't see him in great coverage. Rodgers did what he's going to do 99% of the time and I'm surprise we adjusted and limited them after the first 3 drives went for 21 points.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear - I wasn't blaming the refs. We allowed ourselves to be down 21-3.

The officiating was just bad. GB got robbed on several calls - so did Dallas. It happens.

I just felt if they would call *anything* it would be that play and we would get extra-innings. It is still entirely possible that Rodgers is the magic man that he is in Overtime.

If I wasn't a Cowboys fans, I would have loved this game. It had everything. The big lead, the big plays. The Comebacks. The Sacks. The Turnovers. But alas, I am - and thus devastated. Devastated since this game screams whoever had the ball last - won. Seconds, man. Seconds.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Cool Customer ‏@OCC44 34m34 minutes ago

Quote:
From Senior Bowl to Pro Bowl. As highest-seeded losers in the div. round of the NFC playoffs, Cowboys coaches will coach Pro Bowl this year.

This season has been incredible. Just wish it wasn't over yet.

Sad

In Redball I Trust!
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

The officiating was just bad. GB got robbed on several calls - so did Dallas. It happens.

I just felt if they would call *anything* it would be that play and we would get extra-innings. It is still entirely possible that Rodgers is the magic man that he is in Overtime.

If I wasn't a Cowboys fans, I would have loved this game. It had everything. The big lead, the big plays. The Comebacks. The Sacks. The Turnovers. But alas, I am - and thus devastated. Devastated since this game screams whoever had the ball last - won. Seconds, man. Seconds.

Inches too. That kick was barely in. It looked like for a split second it might miss.

It's going to be a long offseason filled with more Romo drama. We have an insanely tough schedule next year on top of it all.
Spartacus1337

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Inches too. That kick was barely in. It looked like for a split second it might miss.

It's going to be a long offseason filled with more Romo drama. We have an insanely tough schedule next year on top of it all.

Eh the drama will go away when Dak wins his first game next year. Don't put much into the scheduling right now. If you asked the Packers last year they had one of the easiest schedules. Turned out to be one of hardest.

I think you guys should be extremely excited about next year. Just get a legit pass rusher.

I AM GOLTHAR THE TERRIBLE, WHAT HAVE I TO FEAR FROM ROME? - Aaron Rodgers
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18484166/super-bowl-ticket-prices-drop-dallas-cowboys-loss?ex_cid=espntw&sf51120011=1

Quote:
Before Sunday's playoff game, the cheapest ticket to Super Bowl LI on StubHub was $4,195. Shortly after the Cowboys were defeated 34-31 on a field goal as time ran out, the get-in price was down 20 percent to $3,349. Tickets in the lower end zone dropped 18 percent to $4,307.

Doesn't make me feel better.

In Redball I Trust!
eagles suck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus1337 wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Eh the drama will go away when Dak wins his first game next year. Don't put much into the scheduling right now. If you asked the Packers last year they had one of the easiest schedules. Turned out to be one of hardest.

I think you guys should be extremely excited about next year. Just get a legit pass rusher.

I think we have a legit pass rusher, but unfortunately he can't stay off the stuff

RECEPTION-69 YARDS-673 TD'S-3
quiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still not feeling in better the morning after... I posted my thoughts on a few things that stood out to me during and after the game.

now some more after reading..

I have heard about the first drive, and agree its a little frustrating that we didn't convert on 3rd and 2 but considering we scored on ALL but three drives I really don't count that one as being as important for not getting TD's as the one to end the half and the one to end the game.

Yeah yeah .. refs didn't decide the game.. yeah I saw a few missed holds on Gb's receivers.... saw a few missed holds by GB linemen.. didn't see as many missed calls on our WR's except for Witten late..

BUT.. we had TWO calls made against us that I have never seen in my 40 plus years of watching football...

the 15 yard one against Buttler.... hmm okay sure it was a penalty.. but I would love for some one to show where it has ever been called before, and was the team really huddled up.. they were standing still looking at the sidelines.. the league will say bla bla but that is just a ref looking for something COOL to call in a game that they ended up mostly letting them play. AND I still stand by my thought that the coaches should have called Time out and probably would have if they had thought that it was going to be called as in that it happens "all the time" with out a penalty when it isn't blatant, and that wasn't blatant as the team wasn't really huddled up tight.. just standing around loose...

I have also NEVER seen a PI call where they called the penalty and placed the ball 15-20 yards away from where the ball ultimately landed.. in fact I would imagine if it wasn't "intercepted" things might have been called different. THAT should have either been holding or illegal contract... NOT PI. the league will say bla bla.. but that was just the wrong call and IMO the ref threw the flag because he saw the interception thought NO that can't happen and then got stuck..

The DL... the line didn't play a GREAT game.. not like they have over the past few games... I really think though in this case you have to give credit to GB's OL.. they have been great all year in pass protection.. better by the numbers I think then ours... sure they didn't get it done but frankly very few DL in the league get it "done" against GB with a 4 man rush.. I just think we waited a bit too long to send pressure. IT is totally unrealistic to think your gonna have a pro bowl level play at all levels on your team in this day and age of cap and fee agency

OUR secondary... did rather well was in position most of the time, no we don't have a lock down secondary (didn't get what I wanted and hoped, a healthy early season Clairborne playing) so there was some space to throw for Rogers.. but not a lot really. BUT yes their was a total "fail" on the 36 yard pass play.. IMO I don't know who was covering the sideline.. I didn't rewind and I already deleted my DVR.. no way I need that horror show but watching the instant replay, there was a defender along the sideline but he was way too short.. even if GB had a guy running a out route a catch there wouldn't have done any good, other then setting up a hail marry. He needed to be deeper a good 10 yards and that would have closed the window on the Cook throw. the guy covering Cook I think was responsible to cover Cook running up the field catching a pass and scoring a TD so he was over the top more then trying to cover a streak up the middle and yes he still wasn't in prefect position either. I put that play more on we needed to get pressure I.E. Blitz .. it was the only way we contained Rogers all game. But still it was just one of those freak things GB could run that play nine more times and we would see nine fails.. just got the one out of ten perfect storm.. pass just right.. receiver by less then a inch just in bounds.

OUR Line backers... Too me I thought they did just as bad a job if not worse then the DL.. Lee had a good 4th qtr, and part of the 3rd and that was it.. Did any other LB really make a play??? I really thought watching the game until mid way through the 4th qtr our tackling and pursuit to the ball was just horrible. Too many times I felt they got way too many extra yards on runs and short passes, that rookie dude caught a lot of underneath stuff then ran for an extra 5-6 yards.. the big bruiser of a FB who ran through two guys for a 10-11 yard run..

I know Free is the scape goat of our OL.. but he had a good game... his run blocking excellent and he wasn't get beat like a drum on the pass rush either.

I have nothing bad to say on any of our offensive players.. ONE missed catch by Williams was huge yet early enough in the game .. didn't really think the Butler miss in the end zone was a drop watching live.. didn't really see much replay.. yeah it could have been caught but it was a little high and would have been a great catch if he managed..

STATS also says a lot.. fairly even.. we had 50 or so more rushing GB had 30 or so more passing (final play).... we had more sacks !

BUT... red zone GB 3-3 Dallas 2-4 sigh... a major key to the game

penalties 3-22 yards GB 6-50 yards Dallas

side note we scored on all but three drives.. GB all but four.

in looking at just a stats a person would say Dallas needed to better on its red zone chances... and in the end they would be right .. this is another thing we did all year.. IN red zone we scored TD's kept teams to short FG's
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Redball I Trust!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18484166/super-bowl-ticket-prices-drop-dallas-cowboys-loss?ex_cid=espntw&sf51120011=1

Quote:
Before Sunday's playoff game, the cheapest ticket to Super Bowl LI on StubHub was $4,195. Shortly after the Cowboys were defeated 34-31 on a field goal as time ran out, the get-in price was down 20 percent to $3,349. Tickets in the lower end zone dropped 18 percent to $4,307.

Doesn't make me feel better.

yeah a local game for a#1 seed would drive the price up, makes sense. Lost the local market when dallas fell.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quiller wrote:

the 15 yard one against Buttler.... hmm okay sure it was a penalty.. but I would love for some one to show where it has ever been called before, and was the team really huddled up.. they were standing still looking at the sidelines.. the league will say bla bla but that is just a ref looking for something COOL to call in a game that they ended up mostly letting them play. AND I still stand by my thought that the coaches should have called Time out and probably would have if they had thought that it was going to be called as in that it happens "all the time" with out a penalty when it isn't blatant, and that wasn't blatant as the team wasn't really huddled up tight.. just standing around loose...

I have also NEVER seen a PI call where they called the penalty and placed the ball 15-20 yards away from where the ball ultimately landed.. in fact I would imagine if it wasn't "intercepted" things might have been called different. THAT should have either been holding or illegal contract... NOT PI. the league will say bla bla.. but that was just the wrong call and IMO the ref threw the flag because he saw the interception thought NO that can't happen and then got stuck..

in looking at just a stats a person would say Dallas needed to better on its red zone chances... and in the end they would be right .. this is another thing we did all year.. IN red zone we scored TD's kept teams to short FG's

Penalty 1: The reason this is a rule is because teams use to try and get sneaky, and they would put players out there in the huddle who wouldnt participate, because they could base their player packages off who the offense was using at the time. While you can make a case that Butler accidentally went to the huddle, it doesnt change the rules, and there is a reason it exists.

Penalty 2: You can make an argument that Aaron Rodgers ball was uncatchable, but again it was an obvious penalty where he got turned around because of holding. The flag was thrown based off that hold, which it very well was one. The PI came before in other words. And with out that hold you can make an argument that he could have either gotten to the ball, or at the very least contest an int into an incomplete pass.

Your point about the redzone was the key. Dak and co. was not getting it into the endzone for 3Quarters of the game. That isnt a recipe for success. You have to remember that the Packers defense is putrid as well. They were very beat up, so there was no excuse for not scoring more than they did. It was self inflicted penalties, or poor execution on third down pass attempts. There is a reason that Greenbay was stacking the box to stop the run. They wanted Dak to beat them, and he didnt start going until Packers played soft cover in the 2nd half.

The refs are not to blame either. There was terrible calls including a killer hold penalty against the packers where his jersey came off his shoulder pad. Couldnt have been more obvious, and there was several other holds. In fact there was non-hold calls on the OL as well.

I saw Skip Bayless complaining about this stuff as well, but you can not simply ignore everything that happened in the game simply because you like a team.

For what its worth, Zeke and the OL is beastly. Keep them healthy and Cowboys will be fine for several years as long as defensive coordinators cant figure out how to stop it. right now teams are just stacking the box focused on the run, and it opens up the pass game for talented recievers and tightend.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even a little bit over this game. I cant move one right now. This sucks. This sucks really bad.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50

Jump to: