You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most surprising Patriots of 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yin-Yang wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:
Following up Marcus Cannon is Blount, for me. I was not a fan whatsoever prior to this season, but he played well. His low showings are still there but I feel he wasn't the focal point in a lot of those games (Cleveland, Cincy, Denver). His high showings were surprising to me, for sure. He also played well along the goal line which, for someone as big as he is, he didn't do as consistently in the past.

Which games were "low showings"?

The ones I mentioned above and also Seattle and NY, I'd say. He isn't always put in the best scenarios (obvious running situations) which partly explains his ranging YPC, but I feel these were not great performances for him.

If you think he had a low showing against Denver, I have to question how genuine you are being here.....

What do you think he did vs Denver that constitutes not being a low showing?

EDIT: And I'm asking that genuinely. He showed solid fight with his TD run and didn't receive a ton of carries, but the ones he did receive went for pretty short yardage against a team that was supposed to be susceptible against the run (Lewis exploited it).

My bad, I misread what you wrote. Thought you were referring to Cannon. You're right about Blount. Embarassed
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, should've been more clear with who I meant. Easy mix-up.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
FakingInjuries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
James White

I'm pretty sure everyone expected him to pretty much get cut during preseason but, he's been fantastic this season and provides a much needed pass catching threat out of the backfield.
Also, his stats don't show it but, he's improved significantly as a runner out of the backfield. I'm not saying he's a serious ground threat just yet but, he showed enough improvement in his running technique and physicality that I still have hope for his ground game.

no one thought white was gonna get cut.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually very surprised by Mitchell - it usually takes rookie WRs at least a full season to get as comfortable in the system as Mitchell has looked.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
Starless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't especially surprised by Flowers after what I saw from him in preseason 2015.

Here's an in-depth piece on how he's become a force on an otherwise unspectacular unit.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/one-of-a-kind-new-england-patriots-dl-trey-flowers-rare-talent-according-to-veteran-teammates
MoJo63

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FakingInjuries wrote:
bluemushrooms wrote:
James White

I'm pretty sure everyone expected him to pretty much get cut during preseason but, he's been fantastic this season and provides a much needed pass catching threat out of the backfield.
Also, his stats don't show it but, he's improved significantly as a runner out of the backfield. I'm not saying he's a serious ground threat just yet but, he showed enough improvement in his running technique and physicality that I still have hope for his ground game.

no one thought white was gonna get cut.

The thought never crossed my mind.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: