Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Porter arrrested on the South Side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11708
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
In other news, Kevin Greene is interested in coaching LBs for the Steelers.


http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Kevin-Green-If-the-Steelers-need-me-Im-there-50415997
_________________


GaTechRavens wrote:
Let's not be blinded by a flashy stat without taking a deep look at the context behind it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 10314
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Im glad youre able to at least convince YOURSELF that youre some kind of beacon of knowledge and righteousness, because you sure as hell arent convincing anyone else.


Shouldn't you be getting someone a cup of coffee right about now?

Quote:
THEN, you try to tell someone THEY arent smart in yet ANOTHER futile effort to detract from how clueless YOU clearly are.


I personally adore how transparently insecure you are.

If my arguments are so ridiculous, then it really confuses me why someone who spends so much time trying to respond to them feels the need to blatantly lie about what it is I have stated. It should be easy enough to just respond to what it is I actually said without trying to put words into my mouth. After all, the argument is already ridiculous enough.

I think you are a clown who comically avoids making strong statements one way or another on any position unless its insulting other people online. Reading your posts is, frankly, agonizing just because of how little of substance you actually say and for your complete inability to adopt any position with hedging or contradicting it five different times. If every poster were you, there'd no discussion to be had as no definitive statements, positions, or predictions would ever be made.

You are a mediocre, worthless non-entity. A milquetoast buffoon. The next original thought you have will be your first, and even then, you'd still be too insecure to actually say it aloud without watering it down. You are basically the Joe Buck of Footballs Future.

But, sure, how dare I suggest that maybe a cop didn't have to arrest Joey Porter here as if guys don't get away with this sort of behavior every night on the South Side. And how dare I call out Chief for accusing me of arguing that there should be a violent war on cops over this.


Last edited by CKSteeler on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the bell ringer


Joined: 21 Dec 2016
Posts: 164
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys..lets stop this useless bickering. We are ALL Steeler fans right ? Lets get together and start some good Karma on our upcoming KC game Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 63563
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
the bell ringer wrote:
Here is my take on this.....who gives a Sh!t ?....The situation has been QUASHED...Like I was asking for way before the Steelers announced Porter's leave of absence. This is totally Non-Issue for the team. As for Porter...what he did was a Bonehead thing to do yes. And I expect more from my teams coaches. However...we are NOT talking about OJ here, or freaking Ted Bundy like offenses. Give it a rest.


???

Except no one is acting like it is. Smile

Its still an idiotic move on Porter's part and could justifiably cost him his job....and thats why people care, as it could possibly affect the team going forward.


I was the first one here to call Porter out, and said he should be fired...or at least suspended...long before Pittsburgh did it. But now that he won't be around, and that it removes the potential media circus...it won't in any way effect the team going forward. I mean it is not even a remote possibility now.


Long before Pittsburgh did it? They suspended him immediately on the next business day. Im sure most people saw it coming.

No chance it effects the team? What are you basing that on? Dont get me wrong, I dont think it hurts us much this postseason (although his fire on the sidelines could be missed), but if he ultimately gets fired, then we have to find a new coach....one who may or may not be as good.

So yeah, it kind of affects us going forward. "How much" is the question.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
the bell ringer wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
the bell ringer wrote:
Here is my take on this.....who gives a Sh!t ?....The situation has been QUASHED...Like I was asking for way before the Steelers announced Porter's leave of absence. This is totally Non-Issue for the team. As for Porter...what he did was a Bonehead thing to do yes. And I expect more from my teams coaches. However...we are NOT talking about OJ here, or freaking Ted Bundy like offenses. Give it a rest.


???

Except no one is acting like it is. Smile

Its still an idiotic move on Porter's part and could justifiably cost him his job....and thats why people care, as it could possibly affect the team going forward.


I was the first one here to call Porter out, and said he should be fired...or at least suspended...long before Pittsburgh did it. But now that he won't be around, and that it removes the potential media circus...it won't in any way effect the team going forward. I mean it is not even a remote possibility now.


Long before Pittsburgh did it? They suspended him immediately on the next business day. Im sure most people saw it coming.

No chance it effects the team? What are you basing that on? Dont get me wrong, I dont think it hurts us much this postseason (although his fire on the sidelines could be missed), but if he ultimately gets fired, then we have to find a new coach....one who may or may not be as good.

So yeah, it kind of affects us going forward. "How much" is the question.


Yes, it will have an effect. "How much" is exactly right.

I don't know how good a coach Porter really is, but what concerns me most is the fact that this team is on an 8 game winning streak and there is a certain amount of consistency involved with that. Porter going knucklehead and being put on leave destabilizes that consistency. As we saw last night with Alabama, having Lane Kiffin removed recently arguably had a detrimental effect on Bama's offense. Just hope it doesn't adversely affect the Steelers the same way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SouthwestSteel


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1478
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if it has much of an impact, frankly

Second year Porter has been a loose canon at a bad time, this is Professional football, not some bizarre wrestling match with all of their antics. This team has had enough discipline problems as it is.

Would not hurt to consider Greene, kind of like the idea ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 4875
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets try and simplify this (again).
CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:
Dear Lord you're clueless. The officer is supposed to allow him to grab and control his wrists? Then just let him off with a friendly "No harm. No foul?" Insanity.


1. If that happened, he did allow it. Porter let go in that report on his own. The cop allowed him to do it (this still confuses me) and the fact that Porter eventually let go means the Officer shouldn't have filed the aggravated assault charge. I disagree.

2. Yes, because it is no harm, no foul. What, were the officer's poor wrists sore afterwards? What's comical to *me* is just how dramatic you are about it. Someone disrespected his authority for a split second! The horror! It's not about disrespect. I'm not sure why this is the conclusion you come to given the fact that Porter restrained the Officer and would not let him go. Seems like assault is the easier answer opposed to delving into the Officer's psyche. And again, it doesn't matter if his wrists were sore.
3. Aggravated assault typically implies a pretty serious level of harm or threat of harm. You know, like using a deadly weapon. A large black man grabbing your wrists for two seconds doesn't really count and that charge will not stick. Yes. Typically but Officers are a protected class which means you cannot touch them or it MAY result in aggravated assault. You posted that link.
4. While the officer says he was in full uniform, he also says that he had layers of clothing on top. He also never identified himself as an officer until he took his jacket off revealing his body camera and initiated the arrest. It's entirely possible that - gasp - Porter didn't know he was dealing with a cop at all. The report shows it was obvious to others he was an Officer. This doesn't ring true.
5. This same cop has an absolutely strange and checkered history with the truth. He shouldn't even have a job anymore, but the system is set-up to protect bad cops like him. Unionized scum. I didn't look into his personal life or professional file. I based my conclusion on the Police report. The type of person he is doesn't justify Porter's actions.

The fact that you defend the use of aggravated assault here and the other list of charges shows what a biased toad you are. I'm just echoing the law as it's written. Not sure where bias comes into play. Zero physical damage was done here. You're really focused on this. I hope I've clarified as to why this doesn't matter. It was all over with in under 10 minutes. You have this cop tacking on 'terorristic threats' as a charge despite not documenting a single actual threat coming out of Porter's mouth this night.

This is what's funny. You aren't even sitting here arguing for black and white enforcement of the laws. I still don't know what this means. I'm merely reciting the laws. Because if we were just talking about sticking to the letter of the law, there's no way in hell to justify aggravated assault, terroristic threats, and a laundry list of charges added on top of this.

What we have here is the sort of example of why so many people dislike cops. Porter's great sin was disrespect of cop. That's what YOU think but clearly he broke the law and assaulted a Police Officer. This is more serious than disrespect. If this is the reason why so many people disike cops they are ignorant to facts and need to have better informed opinions. with an absolutely awful track record and history feel fearful for a split second. As per the link you provided, if the Officer is fearful (I assume you mean fearful of injury though I know assuming anything with you is dangerous) he has committed aggravated assault. The arbitrary amount time you state as fact is irrelevant.

I have shown thought out rationale as to why your opinion is wrong. I've shown where grabbing an Officer can be considered aggravated assault. I've shown he was clearly identifiable as an Officer. I shown how you correlated this senseless (your opinion) charge with increased aggression towards the Police. You on the other hand assumed my argument was formed out of biased and belonging to a union. You have decided for the Officer that he felt his authority was disrespected and he was not in fear of personal injury. Though I know if a drunk Joey Porter grabbed me I'd be slightly concerned for my well being. You hung your hat on my concession that your stating that this was no big deal and the Officer should let him go had me assuming your belief was that the actions were legal. But we both know that's not even the point of the whole discussion. It's the fact you reject the seriousness of the offense and blame the officer somehow for writing the ticket. Does this about cover your warped and narcissistic sense of reality?
_________________

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 10314
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to simplify this far more (I won't go back to your first response for some odd reason doing it):

Quote:
Yes. Typically but Officers are a protected class which means you cannot touch them or it MAY result in aggravated assault. You posted that link.


MAY does not mean it has to. There's the disconnect. It's entirely possible Porter acted like an [inappropriate/removed], and the officer overreacted.

Quote:
It's not about disrespect. I'm not sure why this is the conclusion you come to given the fact that Porter restrained the Officer and would not let him go.


It's the conclusion I come to because Porter did let him go. Porter released his wrists and backed away from the officer. Said officer who has been accused of lying and excessive force in the past (involving alcohol, no less), but whose poorly written report you are taking as gospel while assuming just how long Porter had control of his wrists.

But you remain focused on this notion of what Porter could have done while he held his wrists...but which he did not do. That is your sole justification for saying that this cop had to make an arrest. Even though Porter ended that 'threat' himself and deescalated.

So what the hell is a cop's job? Is it to make arrests wherever they can, or is it to deescalate volatile situations? Would most cops, and would cops traditionally have arrested some dumb drunk in this situation and then proceeded to hit him with half a dozen charges?

The answer to those last questions, I suspect, is no. Most cops would not have arrested Joey Porter over this, and if we go back in time there'd be even fewer who would have done so given that...nothing serious actually happened.

And despite your repeated attempts to prove how deathly serious Porter momentarily grabbing the officer's wrists was, it isn't serious because Porter didn't do any of the things that would have made it serious from that point on that you keep harping about. Porter in fact willingly let go of said officer and calmed himself down.


Last edited by CKSteeler on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the bell ringer


Joined: 21 Dec 2016
Posts: 164
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Police Review Board to investigate Pittsburgh officer's arrest of Steelers' Joey Porter





http://www.wtae.com/article/pittsburgh-citizen-police-review-board-to-investigate-arrest-of-steelers-joey-porter/8583146
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 10314
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what's interesting to me is that Tomlin came out today and said that they haven't closed the door on Porter returning to the team this week. Despite his opening bit, when asked specifically about who would coach the LB"s he said they had no given up on Porter returning to them already for KC.

My own hunch is that the team, which has their own contacts to law enforcement and their own fixer (himself a former cop), knows full well that this was minor and stupid bull that very often would have resulted in no arrest at all. They don't want to be dealing with it right now, and would prefer Porter not to be on South Street drunk arguing with doormen, but they aren't overreacting to it, either.

And that officer's own history is undoubtedly part of that equation.

If the Rooney's aren't backing down here, it suggests that they have some idea of the mood in the Pittsburgh PD over the matter. And how this particular incident and officer are perceived by fellow officers.

Quote:

Citizen Police Review Board to investigate Pittsburgh officer's arrest of Steelers' Joey Porter

http://www.wtae.com/article/pittsburgh-citizen-police-review-board-to-investigate-arrest-of-steelers-joey-porter/8583146


Add this in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 5585
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
jebrick wrote:
In other news, Kevin Greene is interested in coaching LBs for the Steelers.


http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Kevin-Green-If-the-Steelers-need-me-Im-there-50415997


nice link, one of the candidates I recommended and no history of off field issues that I know of. Kevin could teach bud his style of play , which might suit Bud's traits more anyways Razz Abraham had more speed and Gildon had the swim move and spin . Greene would like to be back by the sounds of it Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TXsteeler


Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 2489
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on that police report, it sounds like porter absolutely deserved everything he got, and should be permanently fired. If he weren't a Steeler, and there were another officer there, He could have easily been shot and killed when he grabbed the cop by the wrists.

My only issue is, the cop should have turned his camera on immediately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 10135
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assault charges dropped. Just charged with trespassing and public drunkenness

Quote:
"Today our office was able to view surveillance video showing multiple angles of the events that led to the arrest of Steelers coach Joey Porter. Following that review, it is the position of the office that the only charges supported by the video are summary disorderly conduct and summary public drunkenness," Zappala said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18460255/assault-charges-pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-joey-porter-dropped
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 4875
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Assault charges dropped. Just charged with trespassing and public drunkenness

Quote:
"Today our office was able to view surveillance video showing multiple angles of the events that led to the arrest of Steelers coach Joey Porter. Following that review, it is the position of the office that the only charges supported by the video are summary disorderly conduct and summary public drunkenness," Zappala said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18460255/assault-charges-pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-joey-porter-dropped

Well that's "good" news. Hopefully he can kind of learn from this experience and understand he's a coach now. He can't go running around,getting drunk and involved in petty confrontations. It may not go as "well" next time.
_________________

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 5585
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does he return to coaching as before? I thought Greene might gt a chance, but what do you think now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group