Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Porter arrrested on the South Side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/09/Court-documents-reveal-new-details-about-arrest-of-Steeler-assistant-coach-Joey-Porter-pittsburgh/stories/201701090133

More of the story.

Apparently the door man wouldn't let him in saying Joey threatened to kill him last time and picked up the doorman. A plain clothed officer stepped in and Joey grabbed his wrist to plead his case, then tried to walk away to give space and the officer followed him.

So the story I got was a little off.

Either way, I don't think it's really as bad as the charges sound.

Roll with the punches until they know what really went down. If it is not within the political correctness, then is it time to get a new LB assistant? Who do you replace him with:

Gildon
John Abraham (my choice to teach Dupree pass rushing )
Lloyd
Greene ( stopped coaching, might not want to )
Nickerson

We all want Peezy to stay, but there ain't nothin we can do about it. Who would be your candidates for replacements?

Last edited by 3rivers on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL....Colin Cowherd is now trying to blame Tomlin for Porter's actions....huh ? Saying...you never see the Patriots/Beliceck Asst coaches getting arrested.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
warfelg wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/09/Court-documents-reveal-new-details-about-arrest-of-Steeler-assistant-coach-Joey-Porter-pittsburgh/stories/201701090133

More of the story.

Apparently the door man wouldn't let him in saying Joey threatened to kill him last time and picked up the doorman. A plain clothed officer stepped in and Joey grabbed his wrist to plead his case, then tried to walk away to give space and the officer followed him.

So the story I got was a little off.

Either way, I don't think it's really as bad as the charges sound.

Roll with the punches until they know what really went down. If it is not within the political correctness, then is it time to get a new LB assistant? Who do you replace him with:

Gildon
John Abraham
Lloyd
Greene
Nickerson (especially if we plan on drafting his son later rounds)

We all want Peezy to stay, but there ain't nothin we can do about it. Who would be your candidates for replacements?

Why are you naming former Steelers LBs? Just because we hired Porter doesnt mean they are going to just look for former LBs. Porter was also an assistant here for a few years before taking over.

The only Steelers LB that I think has a chance of getting hired here is Kevin Greene, who is apparently looking to come back into coaching. Nickerson is DC at Illinois, Gildon is a HS coach, and LMAO at Greg Lloyd ever being a coach.....he is crazier than Porter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:
LOL....Colin Cowherd is now trying to blame Tomlin for Porter's actions....huh ? Saying...you never see the Patriots/Beliceck Asst coaches getting arrested.

colon cowherd is (a) waste Laughing Good that we will have to play the pats if we are to win vs KC. If we are to then defeat the pats, he will eat crow and complain about who knows what. Razz

As for Porter, he should be careful because he might end up with the bungles if he gets carried away. Mad
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cop overreacted to a pretty minor situation. 30 years ago even a normal guy doing that sort of thing wouldn't have been arrested. No harm no foul type situation.

Quote:

I don't know the genesis of Porter getting the job, but this sort of behavior from him isn't exactly unprecedented or a shock to any Steelers fan with a brain. There was always an element of risk hiring Porter and Tomlin undoubtedly had say in the matter. The same applies not to just Tomlin, but the whole Steelers organization to include - Lebeau who likely had a hand in it and Butler up to the Rooney's and Colbert.

I don't really care what Cowherd thinks. This situation isn't a big deal to me personally.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 distractions for now, bens injury and porters whatever this is. I could only read a bit of this , out of my league Applause

I doubt we get a new LB coach if they cut ties with Peezy, Harrison will have to lead by example and Butler was the LB coach before anyways. In this case (pun intended Rolling Eyes ) it was advantageous to have our former LB coach as the current DC. The FO made another good move there, subtle, but wise especially considering Peezy's history.

Hoping the best for Peezy , if we win SB he deserves ring IMO.
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago

The #Steelers have placed assistant coach Joey Porter on leave following his arrest last night.

Smartest thing they could have done.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
The cop overreacted to a pretty minor situation. 30 years ago even a normal guy doing that sort of thing wouldn't have been arrested. No harm no foul type situation

Dear Lord you're clueless. The officer is supposed to allow him to grab and control his wrists? Then just let him off with a friendly "No harm. No foul?" Insanity.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
The cop overreacted to a pretty minor situation. 30 years ago even a normal guy doing that sort of thing wouldn't have been arrested. No harm no foul type situation

Dear Lord you're clueless. The officer is supposed to allow him to grab and control his wrists? Then just let him off with a friendly "No harm. No foul?" Insanity.

He didn't say that. All he said that it is not or should it be like an Aggraveted assault..and it shouldn't. And BTW, that Cop was off duty, so in all likelihood Porter probably didn't know he was a cop.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

He didn't say that. All he said that it is not or should it be like an Aggraveted assault..and it shouldn't. And BTW, that Cop was off duty, so in all likelihood Porter probably didn't know he was a cop.

It states he was in full Pittsburgh Police uniform. Please explain the rationale as to why it isn't aggravated assault.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
the bell ringer wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

It states he was in full Pittsburgh Police uniform. Please explain the rationale as to why it isn't aggravated assault.

Sorry but show me where a report says that cop was in full uniform. I saw differently.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colbert has placed him on administrative leave.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
the bell ringer wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Sorry but show me where a report says that cop was in full uniform. I saw differently.

I'm not going to spoon feed you. You won't learn anything.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:

jcm412

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
the bell ringer wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Read the first paragraph of the police report.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: