Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Porter arrrested on the South Side
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcm412

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Porter arrrested on the South Side Reply with quote

Quote:
Porter was arrested Sunday night, according to Pittsburgh Public Safety spokesperson Sonya Toler.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/01/08/report-steelers-asst-coach-detained-after-altercation-with-officer/

Not good. Can't have this during playoffs. I have to imagine he is a goner. Coaches have to be held to a higher standard.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Porter arrrested on the South Side Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
Quote:
Porter was arrested Sunday night, according to Pittsburgh Public Safety spokesperson Sonya Toler.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/01/08/report-steelers-asst-coach-detained-after-altercation-with-officer/

Not good. Can't have this during playoffs. I have to imagine he is a goner. Coaches have to be held to a higher standard.

Who replaces him, where is Greene, Lloyd, Gildon, Farrior maybe Nickerson?

Not good timing either, wtf is Porter thinking?
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard he got into an altercation with a cop. This is not good. And I agree, Pittsburgh has to fire him right away. Tomlin will come off as a hypocrite if he does not. And none of this...We need to wait til the legal process plays out..cause that is BS. I mean what are we ?....The Bengals ?...the Patriots ?

Fire Porter Immediately.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Porter come off as a hypocrite if he doesn't fire him?

I role with him through the post-season as if nothing happened. I don't disrupt anything. I suspect the team will at least keep him away until seasons end and then terminate him.
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
How does Porter come off as a hypocrite if he doesn't fire him?

I role with him through the post-season as if nothing happened. I don't disrupt anything. I suspect the team will at least keep him away until seasons end and then terminate him.

Coaches need to be held to a higher standard that's why. And Porter has had a long [inappropriate/removed] History as a thug when he was a player, and as a coach. Tomlin has ALL say so over his own coaches...Rooney or Colbert have ZERO say in it.

If Porter is kept...it only reflects badly on Tomlin. Tomlin needs to nip this in the bud before it becomes an every day media circus.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know full well that Rooney does have say in the coaches, and will exercise it.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a good experience at The Flats. I'm generally one of the more chill people and I have issues with their staff every time I'm there. When I saw the headline I guessed it would be at The Flats and I was right.

It's not a good look. I'll admit that. But I would say if you look up how many incidents happen at The Flats as compared to other bars, I bet it would be disproportionately large.
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="warfelg"]I've never had a good experience at The Flats. I'm generally one of the more chill people and I have issues with their staff every time I'm there. When I saw the headline I guessed it would be at The Flats and I was right.

It's not a good look. I'll admit that. But I would say if you look up how many incidents happen at The Flats as compared to other bars, I bet it would be disproportionately large.[/quote

I don't know about any of that. But I fail to see how that related to assaulting a cop. He still is an adult, and a Coach. And he needs to be held to a higher standard. Okay, if he is not fired, then maybe suspended and be kept away til the legal process plays out. But this is not a little thing. And it can be disruptive to the team.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be charged with assaulting a cop if they try to restrain you, you fight it, and even accidentally hit them.
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="warfelg"]You can be charged with assaulting a cop if they try to restrain you, you fight it, and even accidentally hit them.[/quote

I agree sir. I know that. But right or wrong, it still can be a distraction. Just like the Giants WR trip to Miami. It needs to be quashed ASAP.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. It's not a player. It's a coach. And not even the top coach. He's the assistant LBs/OLB coach.
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="warfelg"]Meh. It's not a player. It's a coach. And not even the top coach. He's the assistant LBs/OLB coach.[/quote

I get what you're saying. But don't you think that if Tomlin and the steelers kinda brush this off that it in some way enables some future bad behavior by the players ?..I mean if the Coach can do that and suffer no discipline....then can't we ? I already feel Tomlin has been rather Lax on being a Disciplinarian anyways.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far no one really knows what happened, but if he assaulted a cop I'd figure that would be its own charge. It is not. Resisting arrest is (don't know if PA has a with or without violence distinction) and aggravated assault, but assault would most likely say specifically against an officer or what have you.

The bogus "terroristic threats" charge has been dropped, at the least.
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
So far no one really knows what happened, but if he assaulted a cop I'd figure that would be its own charge. It is not. Resisting arrest is (don't know if PA has a with or without violence distinction) and aggravated assault, but assault would most likely say specifically against an officer or what have you.

The bogus "terroristic threats" charge has been dropped, at the least.

That is good, and I agree, that term Terrorist threat is not used properly, and in this day and age, that needs to be changed.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/09/Court-documents-reveal-new-details-about-arrest-of-Steeler-assistant-coach-Joey-Porter-pittsburgh/stories/201701090133

More of the story.

Apparently the door man wouldn't let him in saying Joey threatened to kill him last time and picked up the doorman. A plain clothed officer stepped in and Joey grabbed his wrist to plead his case, then tried to walk away to give space and the officer followed him.

So the story I got was a little off.

Either way, I don't think it's really as bad as the charges sound.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: