Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With Giants gone, who else can put pressure on Brady?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahaha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: With Giants gone, who else can put pressure on Brady? Reply with quote

I said before : Giants scared me most, if their defense could play like they did in SB (like 1st half against GB today) and Eli was "good" Eli.

With Giants gone, who else do you think can put pressure on Brady, like Broncos and Giants?

Now I think it is about if defense can contain opponents to less than 24 pts. If they can, Brady will get his 5th ring.

BTW, the winners I think next week:

Pats, Chiefs, Cowboys (if Nelson is gone), Seahawks.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Texans have the #1 D in the NFL, so I guess they can I also feel the Seachickesn can too. As long as Blount is running well the Pats will be tough to beat.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
Well, the Texans have the #1 D in the NFL, so I guess they can I also feel the Seachickesn can too. As long as Blount is running well the Pats will be tough to beat.

Houston doesn't have the #1 D in the NFL, despite the number of times that was said during their game.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

Houston doesn't have the #1 D in the NFL, despite the number of times that was said during their game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

I would also think about playing Pittsburgh again that D looks a little better.
DMG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady is undefeated when playing the #1 defense at home.

The only team in the AFC that stresses me is KC.

This can't possibly be an autocorrect for Asante Samuel.....
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

YPG Laughing Laughing
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

YPG is useless. The Pats allow fewer points per game than the Texans. We're number 1 in that category. We're also number 1 in points per drive against. We also have more takeaways (23) than they do (17). Only empty metrics map the Texans' defense out as better than ours.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

YPG Laughing Laughing

Those are team stats, don't care what they allow or disallow I just made the comment and posted the link. I am not going to debate it. Nor am I all that worried about them, in fact the Pitt D concerns me more. But in the end I don't care about that. The only stat that worries me is on the board at the end of the game.

Last edited by MoJo63 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

YPG Laughing Laughing

Those are team stats

Right, and they're meaningless.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

YPG Laughing Laughing

Those are team stats

Right, and they're meaningless.

Sure they are that makes a lot of sense. Rolling Eyes They are 1 and 2 in a few of those ares, middle of the pack elsewhere. Again I don't make the stats I don't record them, I just copied and pasted the facts. I am not even asking anyone to accept them. In the end they can't score with the Pats and that will be there demise.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh has the most sacks over the past 7 games (according to the announcers). I would say that is scary.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
wahaha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Pittsburgh has the most sacks over the past 7 games (according to the announcers). I would say that is scary.

Their pass rushers are not fast enough.

To get to Brady, pass rushers can't give him 2.5 seconds.

The question mark against Steelers is if defens is good enough to stop them.
iothar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahaha wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Their pass rushers are not fast enough.

To get to Brady, pass rushers can't give him 2.5 seconds.

The question mark against Steelers is if defens is good enough to stop them.

I think the Steelers and the Hawks have enough pressure.

I think if the Patriot's get down early the quick release of Brady will get longer and longer as we try and catch up.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Bennett could give us fits. Texans pass rush never seems to show up against us for some reason.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

YPG is useless. The Pats allow fewer points per game than the Texans. We're number 1 in that category. We're also number 1 in points per drive against. We also have more takeaways (23) than they do (17). Only empty metrics map the Texans' defense out as better than ours.

Now I'm not saying the Pats defense isn't good, it definitely is, but our ranking in those categories have definitely been helped by our lack of elite offensive competition this season.

I think they can get the job done, I just don't think the defense is as good as our stats say.

But hey, I would LOVE to be proven wrong over the next 4 weeks. Laughing

WE'RE ON TO 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: