Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post game GB 38-NYG 13: Pack punish playoff posers edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Aaron Rodgers good?
God
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Only in the 2nd half
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
He's good
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Sub him after long completions for stamina
52%
 52%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 36

persiandud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
I already posted this and it's too big to embed but.

https://i.reddituploads.com/9a84e54c986a4c5eb5e870daf0929314?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=b39d09f64e620b47ce03d1ef07be18f0

Laughing
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

https://i.reddituploads.com/9a84e54c986a4c5eb5e870daf0929314?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=b39d09f64e620b47ce03d1ef07be18f0

Classic Rodgers. Laughing

I wish we could have bigger avatars so I could make one and you'd be able to see it.
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Classic Rodgers. :lol:

I wish we could have bigger avatars so I could make one and you'd be able to see it.

think of the 80x80 requirement as more of a guideline really

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeshoppe wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

I've broken it before, but not by much. Yours is obvs bigger. Cheater.
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

This might work:

http://imgur.com/R5rzpRF
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

This might work:

I'm scared to go unavatarless. I took mine off right before our last loss. If I changed it and we lose, I will hate myself.

Someone should use it though, it's hilarious.

Thanks
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

This might work:

I'm scared to go unavatarless. I took mine off right before our last loss. If I changed it and we lose, I will hate myself.

Someone should use it though, it's hilarious.

Thanks

Sure thing
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap..........................

Sorry prime.
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cakeshoppe wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Classic Rodgers. :lol:

I've broken it before, but not by much. Yours is obvs bigger. Cheater.

I only follow the example set by our mods tbh

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I never noticed theirs. I wouldn't notice unless someone said something.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius Peppers has been a major force behind our run lately. The big play against the Bears, the big play against the Lions, the big play that turned the game around against the Giants... He's one of our most reliable big play makers on defense. He's got a knack for making that big play right when we need it.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
No, it's a mistake by HHCD.

He leaves his primary responsibility (the deep middle) for his secondary responsibility (the intermediate middle, rallying to the ball). That spot with the TE/slot WR is a designed/internal weakness and is a very common spot to target the Cover 3 Defense. You're "ok" with the offense completing a pass there because it should be a tight window and a slower target and you have 3 guys who can rally to the ball/throw. HHCD didn't rally... he just abandoned his zone and freelanced, and thus got burned.

And if he doesn't jump that underneath route, Eli has an easy pitch and catch with Sterling Shepard (I believe). If you look at the All-22, the play starts on the 41 yard line with Joe Thomas and Jake Ryan lined up roughly 5 yards past the LOS. Unfortunately, neither one of them get much deeper than that which creates a massive (~15 yard) cushion behind the ILB and in front of the S. I'm gonna assume that Joe Thomas has the responsibility of covering the RB coming out of the backfield, so that means Jake Ryan should have the middle portion of the field and he didn't drop at all. That's an issue, whether it was a matter of Ryan not dropping when he was supposed to be or the scheme not asking for him to drop. Yeah, HHCD jumped it but the underneath zone wasn't there. If you want to argue that a deep pass hurts worse than the TD, I'd agree. But I think the ILB are the issue with that play design. It was designed well IMO, just not executed correctly.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
skibrett15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I mean, both ILB fail to drop. That's a problem.

I think it's pretty clear that it's Cover 3 cloud, in which case both LBS *should* be dropping into the hook areas, and as you say, get better depth to disrupt the pass to Shepard.

The OTHER issue with the play is that Hyde, the nickleback/underneath zone CB who is lined up across from shepard, is supposed to re-route any vertical stem from the receiver and then drop into the curl/flat area. Shepard does go vertical, but hyde faintly sticks his arm out, and doesn't even scratch shepard on the way.

The reason I think Thomas is so obsessed with Perkins, is that it appears perkins is gonna jump out into the flat, which is a weaker part of this defense.

Ultimately, HHCD is committing a deadly sin by abandoning his deep responsibilities. Also, I think you're understating the impact that 2 players in the middle of the field, whether they are at good depth or not, could have on a potential throw to Shepard. Thomas batted one pass this game from a similar spot. Both Thomas and Ryan key on the TE in front of them and don't acknowledge that there might be a WR behind them.

The very tight splits from King and Shepard create a little confusion.

Big picture, I just really want to emphasize how this is in no way Randall's fault according to my read on the play. There was a big breakdown in the middle of the field.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:

Big picture, I just really want to emphasize how this is in no way Randall's fault according to my read on the play. There was a big breakdown in the middle of the field.

Randall did look back with a kind of "Really, dude?...now I look bad" gesture.

About a thousand years ago George Plimpton wrote a book called "Paper Lion" and he shared a story from one of the defensive backs that "Night Train" Lane had blown a coverage and left this guy looking like the goat. So Lane chases the guy down pointing at him making it look even look more like the other guy is responsible for the long touchdown. Lane is yelling stuff like "That was on me man, that was on me!" but he is pointing at the other guy the whole time and 30,000 fans are getting exactly the wrong idea.

I think that happens a lot to defensive backs. The closest guy might not be the one who screwed up.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:

Randall did look back with a kind of "Really, dude?...now I look bad" gesture.

About a thousand years ago George Plimpton wrote a book called "Paper Lion" and he shared a story from one of the defensive backs that "Night Train" Lane had blown a coverage and left this guy looking like the goat. So Lane chases the guy down pointing at him making it look even look more like the other guy is responsible for the long touchdown. Lane is yelling stuff like "That was on me man, that was on me!" but he is pointing at the other guy the whole time and 30,000 fans are getting exactly the wrong idea.

I think that happens a lot to defensive backs. The closest guy might not be the one who screwed up.

That's a riot. There's a game out there on YT that Lane plays in. I decided to watch it once to see him "clothes line players every play." I was disappointed. Though I got to see two HOF QBs play..........for the same team.......in the same game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: