Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Ups 5 Downs Wild Card edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: 5 Ups 5 Downs Wild Card edition Reply with quote

and go....
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPS

1. 1st quarter play calling
2. Bell
3. Ben + AB
4. Pass rush + Turnovers
5. Run Defense and limiting Ajayi

HM - Jesse James - great block on AB 1st long TD and nice jump ball catch while surrounded by fish

DOWNS

1. Letting the dolphins stay in the game
2. slick Willie Gay... most big plays were his "coverage"
3. Not using backups when we can... why not use DWill more esp when the game is out of reach, or get Ben and AB out? And WHY use AB as a punt returner when we're up a lot late in the game!!!! Evil or Very Mad
4. Officiating ... cut back block penalty was bad.
5. Secondary
Munich_Steeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups:

- Defensive Unit. 3 pretty good Quarters.
- O-Line and Running Game.
- 3 Bs for most of the Game.
- Boswell recovering from that botched kick.
- Takeaways

Down:

- The first return: He even thinks about kneeling it and then runs out to get around 12 yards? Great idea...
- Not taking the starters out earlier. Ben is in a walking boot according to BTSC. This could have been easily avoided.
- I feel like Boswell isn't making kicks so easily as early in the season.
- Dupree could have easily had more sacks.
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me if I missed anything only got to see the second half...

UPS
1. Triple B's ON FIRE!!!!
2. Bud Dupree
3. Intensity on defense at least from what I saw...
4. Oline
5. Stuffed Ajayi

DOWNS
1. Ben in a walking boot after the game, I know he said he will play next week but C'MON! Tomlin should have sat him after being up and Ben doing too much.
2. Turnovers from Ben.
3. Officiating
4. Tomlin not benching the starters after the game is over.

🐝🐝🐝 TRIPLE BEES 🐝🐝🐝
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What y'all said.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPS
1.) A victory. Can we get rid of the "1 Playoff Win in 5 Years" Narrative now? Or will it be because it was the Dolphins - who the Steelers earned the right to play - that it doens't count.

2.) Shutting Up Dolphins. I have almost never been so pissed off with the bulletin board material provided before the game by a team and it's fans. The normal Dolphins fans on the forum were alright. But so many new fans popped up out of the wood work playing the "Disrespected" card. And even Jay Ajayi played this card.

3.) Brown. Literally everyone after the game wanted to talk about Bell but it was Brown who essentilaly won this game in the first 2 possessions almost on his own.

4.) Bell. He had a tremendous game. Enough said.

5.) Jesse James. Unsung hero. Sprung Brown for the TD and just had several key blocks.

DOWN

1.) Haley. Keeping Ben in there and throwing on 3rd down was moronic! Ben's in a walking boot now.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Killer Bs

2) Defense as a whole.

3) Bud Dupree - how long before we get to add him to the killer Bs?

4) Shirtless Ryan Shazier warming up before the game, that's the type of BA stuff I love to see.

5) O-line
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might catch heat for this but...If Ben is seriously hampered next week, or he simply does not play due to this, I would honestly want Tomlin fired.

I defend Tomlin, but my biggest knock on him has always been HE DOESNT F'KING LEARN!!!! How in the hell can you justify leaving our most important players in there that late with a 3 score lead? Idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I might catch heat for this but...If Ben is seriously hampered next week, or he simply does not play due to this, I would honestly want Tomlin fired.

I defend Tomlin, but my biggest knock on him has always been HE DOESNT F'KING LEARN!!!! How in the hell can you justify leaving our most important players in there that late with a 3 score lead? Idiot.

I'm just hoping that the boot was on him for precaution he didn't seem to have any limp to his walk or anything. The fact that we were even passing at the point in the game infuriates me.

🐝🐝🐝 TRIPLE BEES 🐝🐝🐝
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComebackKid wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I'm just hoping that the boot was on him for precaution he didn't seem to have any limp to his walk or anything. The fact that we were even passing at the point in the game infuriates me.

Yup.

Outside of designed screens, they had zero business throwing when we were up by 24 with 6 minutes left and a dominating running game to lean on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my devils argument to the Ben in a boot:

What if backups came in, and suddenly it goes from 30-12 to 30-19. Then maybe Landry fumbles and they score again and it's 30-21 or 30-24. Ya'll would be roasting Tomlin for NOT sticking with the starters.

I'm not saying I'm happy with them being in there, but with the way people were mad we didn't score more, could you imagine what the talk would be if the Fins scored 2 times with a Landry-Williams-Trussant-Coates-Hamilton offensive group out there?

I can honestly 100% say we wouldn't hear the end about how Tomlin tried to throw the game away by playing backups.
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, I love him, but we all know Ben can be a little bit of a drama queen with injuries at times.
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw someone say Ben has a grade-2 sprain?

Not to be an a-hole but can we get something backing this up? I've scoured twitter, news sites, called SXM on air, googled....nothing says grade-2 sprain.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. I definitely wouldn't advocate firing Tomlin. (That would be as dumb as keeping the 3 B's in the game too long.) Wink BUT it IS a pattern. Bad management stuff that never gets corrected is maddening. By not keeping an on the long-term needs of the team at all times, mistakes are made. It's just not smart coaching.

And having AB in on that last punt return was dumb AF.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP:

1. Fast start - They immediately put the Dolphins in a hole early.
2. Le'Veon Bell - Poetry in motion.
3. LBs - They were all over the field causing havoc. Might have been their best game as a unit all year. Great game by them causing needed turnovers.
4. Run defense - Ajayi was a non-factor
5. OL - Terrific job in run bocking and pass protection.

DOWN:

1. Tomlin's stupidity of leaving Ben in - Whether or not it's serious the point is there is absolutely no damn reason to leave him in the game let alone having him throw a freaking meaningless pass less then five minutes to go. Truly asinine coaching decision when everyone knew they needed to take him out. There is no excuse, and I'm sure he will have one, for this irresponsibility. He left Bell in there longer than he needed to be as well and put Brown back for a punt. Ridiculous.
2. Special teams - Not a good day and next week they go against one of the best units.
3. AB after the first quarter - Pretty quiet but the damage was done.
4. Secondary - Moore at one time completed 14 straight passes.
5. Too many Fish fans at the game - I was actually surprised I saw that many.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: