Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Vance Joseph leaves, who is the next D-Cordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
durreli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I heard from several people on Dolphins sideline: If Vance Joseph gets a HC gig, LB coach Matt Burke likely to replace him as DC.

Per Jeff Darlington
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Daryl wrote:
What is the infatuation with the freaking 3-4. We have always had our best defenses when we ran a 4-3. When Mike Nolan was our DC he did the best with the 3-4 but that was short-lived. We have always been better 4-3 defenses, going back a long way so let's stop already please it's about players NOT schemes

I think the 3-4 and 4-3 both have merits. And in a modern scheme, these are just numbers anyway... a lot of teams run hybrids. I just want the best defensive coordinator available... a good coach will scheme around talent. I think Wade fits that.

I think that Wade is a great D.C., as long as he is running a 3-4 lol.

I have to agree with Daryl. I don't understand the love that our forum has had for the 3-4 for several years now. I don't think Suh is really open to playing in a 3-4, but if I were playing him in a 3-4 he would be a 1 gap NT.
Daryl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Vance stay for my own selfish reason, continuity that looks like a pipe dream right now but Burke I think would build on what we have so im fine with that.

I know our defense was pretty terrible all season long but I think it had more to do with the players than the coaching. I have long viewed Misi as a good backup Hewitt flashes and Kiko is the real deal. Jenkins is OK when healthy but he isnt a stud by any means. So there is alot to be desire from a talent stand point on our entire D. I really like the development of Lippett I expected him to be waived by now. I look at what VJ did with the dbs in Cincy and now here and I like the way he develops players thats why I hope it works out in our favor and he stays.

Get some more talent and a lil depth and we will be better next season.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vance has gotten commitments for both an offensive and defensive coordinator. He is expected to be the next head coach of the Broncos. Vance has gotten the commitment of Mike McCoy to become the O-Coordinator. Vance has reached out to Wade Phillips to continue as the D-Coordinator, however Wade has not committed yet. If he walks, Vance will hire Joe Woods, the current D-backs coach.

Elway was so impressed with Vance's leadership qualities 2 years ago that as soon as Kubiak stepped down, Vance was the front runner. Elway wants a head coach that can connect to the players.
Broncoquake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Vance has gotten commitments for both an offensive and defensive coordinator. He is expected to be the next head coach of the Broncos. Vance has gotten the commitment of Mike McCoy to become the O-Coordinator. Vance has reached out to Wade Phillips to continue as the D-Coordinator, however Wade has not committed yet. If he walks, Vance will hire Joe Woods, the current D-backs coach.

Elway was so impressed with Vance's leadership qualities 2 years ago that as soon as Kubiak stepped down, Vance was the front runner. Elway wants a head coach that can connect to the players.

Hate to break it to you but Joseph will NOT be the Broncos next coach. That interview two years ago was really for him to be the DC but Wade was brought in instead. There is only one person even claiming Joseph is the frontrunner simply because of that interview. The more connected people like Adam Schefter have said today that isn't the case and that Kyle Shanahan is the real frontrunner.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncoquake wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

Hate to break it to you but Joseph will NOT be the Broncos next coach. That interview two years ago was really for him to be the DC but Wade was brought in instead. There is only one person even claiming Joseph is the frontrunner simply because of that interview. The more connected people like Adam Schefter have said today that isn't the case and that Kyle Shanahan is the real frontrunner.

Shanahan makes a lot more sense to be the front runner IMO. Thanks for the update.
Broncoquake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Broncoquake wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

Shanahan makes a lot more sense to be the front runner IMO. Thanks for the update.

Maybe you can trick the 49ers into taking him off your hands.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncoquake wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

You have a source on this?

Everything I'm reading seems to imply he's the front-runner at this point.

Nacho Simulation Football League
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Broncoquake wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

Same, but I'd like to be wrong.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Broncoquake wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

Same, but I'd like to be wrong.

Read this. Personally I'm hoping to keep Joseph and give him more talent to work with and I think he will do well.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/9/14219380/adam-schefter-says-the-broncos-were-highly-impressed-with-kyle
bigmark76

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has been taking the [inappropriate/removed] out of Vance, I think he did well for what he had.
he shows up and they get rid of OV and Shelby to start. (yes they signed mario, they missed on that one, made it right with branch)with very little depth all over the defense. With as many injuries as this team had, he made milk out of clay having to play a type of defense to cover the weaknesses/ back ups/ street walkers that he'd likely wouldn't call if he had quality depth or the defense being healthy. That trade with the Eagles really saved this defense from being last in every category. Didn't address the LB position in free agency, and DBs outside of Maxwell and hope for X to play well it was a mystery how well the DBs would play. Every week it was new group of players outside the front 4 and Kiko. talk about not being able to build trust with the other players to be where they need to be causing them to slow play rather than attacking trusting the others to do what is needed.
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."- George Carlin
Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMark76

I couldn't agree more, I mean they give him one talented DB in Howard and largely ignore the defense in the draft. Then we have this rash of injuries and people are calling him out? You can't lose that many quality players and expect to field a top notch Defense. Its no coincidence that Misi and Jones go down and our run Defense turn to total crap. Those were are two best players against the run. Misi cant cover but he's a thumper

Last edited by Daryl on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised how many Dolphins fans actually don't like Vance Joseph. Yes, we were 30th on defense, but with a roster made up mostly of hot garbage and losing Reshad Jones, we had an opportunistic defense. I really liked the job Vance did and hope the 30th ranking keeps him from getting any HC job this year. But he will certainly be a HC soon and deservedly so. With what we had to work with this year I honestly have very little complaints about our entire coaching staff. And that felt strange to type.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Vance to Denver is all but done.

Shame.

Supposedly Burke was heavily involved in game-planning in 2016, and Gase likes him a lot. As Armando reported, it'll be his job to lose.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDolphins2399 wrote:
I'm surprised how many Dolphins fans actually don't like Vance Joseph. Yes, we were 30th on defense, but with a roster made up mostly of hot garbage and losing Reshad Jones, we had an opportunistic defense. I really liked the job Vance did and hope the 30th ranking keeps him from getting any HC job this year. But he will certainly be a HC soon and deservedly so. With what we had to work with this year I honestly have very little complaints about our entire coaching staff. And that felt strange to type.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Vance or anything and think he did an okay job with the talent he was given. I'm more surprised that Denver or anyone else is interested him as a head coaching gig. I don't think he did a tremendous job here, but I don't think he did a poor one either, in short... we had probably the 30th talented defense in the NFL, and he led them to be the 30th talented defense in the NFL. Not overly impressive...he did not elevate our defense.

Having said that, I'd prefer keeping him for consistency's sake.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: