Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Vance Joseph leaves, who is the next D-Cordinator
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dolphinmeister


Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 636
Location: Va.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: If Vance Joseph leaves, who is the next D-Cordinator Reply with quote

Wade Phillips would be high on my list if VJ gets hired away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rgossett07


Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Posts: 26
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Phillips there when Gase was OC in Denver? Might be a good relationship there.

Would be awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 14572
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be insane enough to hire Vance Joseph?

But yeah, obviously Wade ld e the top of the list. Actually, I'd think about getting Wade here to replace Vance regardless.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2911
Location: The Treasure Coast
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Who would be insane enough to hire Vance Joseph?

But yeah, obviously Wade ld e the top of the list. Actually, I'd think about getting Wade here to replace Vance regardless.


I feel the same way, but the rumor is that the Denver job is Vance Joseph's job to lose. He was reportedly 2nd on Denvers list when they landed their number 1 in Kubiak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 14572
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Who would be insane enough to hire Vance Joseph?

But yeah, obviously Wade ld e the top of the list. Actually, I'd think about getting Wade here to replace Vance regardless.


I feel the same way, but the rumor is that the Denver job is Vance Joseph's job to lose. He was reportedly 2nd on Denvers list when they landed their number 1 in Kubiak.


Here's hoping they hire Vance then and Wade decides not to stick around (his contract is up now, right?).

Would LOVE Wade here as D-coord!
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2911
Location: The Treasure Coast
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rgossett07 wrote:
Was Phillips there when Gase was OC in Denver? Might be a good relationship there.

Would be awesome.


I don't think so, Gase was the OC for the Bears when Phillips and Kubiak were brought in.

Also, I wouldn't consider Phillips a strong possibility. If he decides to leave Denver then it would be for a defense that has pieces in place for a 3-4 Defense.......we just don't have the pieces IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 14572
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Rgossett07 wrote:
Was Phillips there when Gase was OC in Denver? Might be a good relationship there.

Would be awesome.


I don't think so, Gase was the OC for the Bears when Phillips and Kubiak were brought in.

Also, I wouldn't consider Phillips a strong possibility. If he decides to leave Denver then it would be for a defense that has pieces in place for a 3-4 Defense.......we just don't have the pieces IMO.


Yeah... Sadly, Del Rio was the D coordinator for the Broncos in 2014.

Also I don't think we couldn't swap to the 3-4...

Suh - Phillips - Mitchell
Wake - Misi/Jenkins - Alonso - Jordan/Misi

Seems like it could work out to me.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 11836
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be LB coach Matt Burke
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daryl


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 684
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the infatuation with the freaking 3-4. We have always had our best defenses when we ran a 4-3. When Mike Nolan was our DC he did the best with the 3-4 but that was short-lived. We have always been better 4-3 defenses, going back a long way so let's stop already please it's about players NOT schemes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheValiant


Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Posts: 658
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wade Phillips is not an option, what about Anarumo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9325
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Who would be insane enough to hire Vance Joseph?

But yeah, obviously Wade ld e the top of the list. Actually, I'd think about getting Wade here to replace Vance regardless.



Dude, I was thinking the same thing. I was dumbfounded watching the game learning he was a HC candidate. At first I was thinking, of course he would be a candidate due to the Rooney rule but apparently he is highly thought after. I think it is realistic he gets let go if he does not leave for a HC role.

What in the hell does someone with the 30th ranked defense say in a job interview?
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
durreli


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 223
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it's been said it will be the LB coach
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
durreli


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 223
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't Jim Washburn name been discussed as D Cord?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 14572
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Yea it's been said it will be the LB coach


Who said? Have a link?
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 14572
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
What is the infatuation with the freaking 3-4. We have always had our best defenses when we ran a 4-3. When Mike Nolan was our DC he did the best with the 3-4 but that was short-lived. We have always been better 4-3 defenses, going back a long way so let's stop already please it's about players NOT schemes


I think the 3-4 and 4-3 both have merits. And in a modern scheme, these are just numbers anyway... a lot of teams run hybrids. I just want the best defensive coordinator available... a good coach will scheme around talent. I think Wade fits that.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group