Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goldfish's 3 Round Mock v.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
We did not draft a guy who beat his girlfriend... he beat his girlfriend after we drafted him. Prior to that, he was a projected 1st round pick who suffered an injury and slipped to the mid rounds... we took a flyer on a BPA.

No, you drafted a player in 2016 who beat his girlfriend in 2014...

Quote:
That is like saying we drafted a Murder in Rae Carruth...

What..

Quote:
They are way past due for OT, sure... we in Carolina have been screaming that since Jordan Gross retired and Jeff Otah busted out...

But not in this class buddy. You ok with getting it wrong? Fine. You want to dismiss as expert advice on your mock (for the Panthers) as you will find on this forum? Fine.

Just keep in mind that you open yourself for discussion when you post a mock on a forum... and you are dead wrong on this pick.

Lol. I would love it so much if you guys drafted Robinson now, just for this epic rant.

Same crow you can eat when you are wrong about this pick after having defended it so vehemently

Just realized you were talking about Worley and not Hardy.

Dude was defending someone being assaulted. Totally different situation.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't think Eddie Jackson goes in the first three rounds?
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Browns feedback:

I don't like Kizer at 12 and don't see the FO going that way. They've already showed that they don't feel pressured to take a QB early unless they think they're worth it. I doubt they break that pattern after only one year of holding off.

The 3rd that goes to the Pats is a conditional pick that turns into a 4th if we don't get a 3rd comp (which we will for Mack). Lewis could stay to us there, that would be a decent fit, or Evans. Really, either S or CB would be solid fits, as we need two safeties and probably a CB right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Defense is why they lost most games.

Just because the offense was statistically better than the defense doesn't mean there weren't plenty of games were better offense could have won it for us. We saw the offense sputtering out when we needed scores at the end. We've seen the offense sleep through the entire first half of games.

And with a new coaching staff, and last years top picks coming back from injury, the defense might improve significantly on its own.

Trentwannabe wrote:
If they want to build around Tyrod they should do it with veteran pieces at RT and WR. Those positions can take too long to develop from a rookie.

It was always my impression that OL was considered one of the safest positions to draft and fastest contributors to the team. Meanwhile, CB has long been known as one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL with. I'd say your CB is a lot less likely to contribute positively year 1 than a WR or OL.

Safety isn't quite so rough, but still, that's where I was thinking it be best to address with a veteran piece. Safeties are paid less and you have fewer teams competing to sign them than WR or OL, making them a better target in Free Agency.
GRADEN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly this is a very realistic and well thought out mock

You did great with my bears in the mock

We have no LT / no QB / and our secondary is a mess

My gut is telling me that the Bills will go all in to acquire Watson as they are the closest to the playoffs of the teams missing a signal caller

Foster could very well sneak up into that top tier, I could see it
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Not a fan of Peppers that high. Cincy also doesn't usually draft LBs high. So it would have to be a "for sure" type of player like Foster IMO.

I think DE is the target in round 1

Agreed. Not a fan of the Peppers pick at all.

I would probably cry if we draft Peppers #9 overall...
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Defense is why they lost most games.

Just because the offense was statistically better than the defense doesn't mean there weren't plenty of games were better offense could have won it for us. We saw the offense sputtering out when we needed scores at the end. We've seen the offense sleep through the entire first half of games.

And with a new coaching staff, and last years top picks coming back from injury, the defense might improve significantly on its own.

Trentwannabe wrote:
If they want to build around Tyrod they should do it with veteran pieces at RT and WR. Those positions can take too long to develop from a rookie.

It was always my impression that OL was considered one of the safest positions to draft and fastest contributors to the team. Meanwhile, CB has long been known as one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL with. I'd say your CB is a lot less likely to contribute positively year 1 than a WR or OL.

Safety isn't quite so rough, but still, that's where I was thinking it be best to address with a veteran piece. Safeties are paid less and you have fewer teams competing to sign them than WR or OL, making them a better target in Free Agency.

I can agree about the offense sputtering and spinning its wheels at times, but they were 10th in PPG and ahead of playoff teams such as Pittsburgh, Seattle, NYG Detroit and Miami.

There is no doubt that the D will be better next year no matter who the coordinator is. But without secondary help they won't go anywhere. Eric Berry is the only S in free agency worth anything and hopefully the Bills re-sign Gilmore so they can avoid taking another rookie at Corner.

As for the offense, this is really bad draft for OL and Buffalo can kill two birds by moving Glenn to RT and letting Kouandjio continue to progress at LT.

There may be bidding wars at WR but guys like Dontrelle Inman, Kendell Wright and Kenny Britt could be had for "cheap" and would likely contribute more than most rookies.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for Chicago
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Not a fan of Peppers that high. Cincy also doesn't usually draft LBs high. So it would have to be a "for sure" type of player like Foster IMO.

Bengals fans loving my Peppers pick.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Bengals fans loving my Peppers pick.

Not doubting that it could happen gfw. Just don't want it to... Laughing
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that actually happened to the Redskins, I would do cartwheels from April till opening day.

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
NoDakViking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent two picks for the Vikings but they also have the Dolphins' 3rd
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
You don't think Eddie Jackson goes in the first three rounds?

Hopefully the Falcons make sure he does at FS Very Happy Jackson is a very good looking player i was highly impressed by what i saw.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
As for the offense, this is really bad draft for OL and Buffalo can kill two birds by moving Glenn to RT and letting Kouandjio continue to progress at LT.

Please no. We'd finally all but finished hearing about moving Glenn to guard, and now just because Kouandjio did better when filling in for Glenn than when he was playing RT we have to hear about moving Glenn to RT?

Glenn is one of the best LTs in the league. Don't mess with that and leave him there. No guarantee Glenn would play at the same elite level on the right side, especially when he's basically been playing LT exclusively for 5 years now. At least Kouandjio has recent experience at RT. He can figure it out or be replaced.
CutList

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be kind of surprised if the Packers went ILB in Round 1 just given their past history of looking to fill the need in the mid-to-later rounds. Plus the ones they've got have at least shown some promise. I think a corner if Shields is done or a pass rusher given that they'll probably lose at least two in free agency is more likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: