Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goldfish's 3 Round Mock v.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Wikipedia is not the go to place for accurate draft orders is it!?
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Pst.... the Vikings have the Dolphins' third round pick. But you can leave the pick the same, getting a C, OG, and OT in the first three picks would be what the Vikings will hopefully do to refresh the line.

Yes please!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers WILL NOT be taking Cam Robinson at 8... or at all.

Not only is it a reach but his character concerns take him off our board entirely.

Any pick of a CB or OT at 8 shows that someone does not know the Panthers FO MO.

In you scenario, Barnett is the pick.

*edit* - Or Fournette... I see you have him there too. And, for the Panthers scheme Fournette > Cook.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:

Not only is it a reach but his character concerns take him off our board entirely.

Any pick of a CB or OT at 8 shows that someone does not know the Panthers FO MO.

*edit* - Or Fournette... I see you have him there too. And, for the Panthers scheme Fournette > Cook.

Give me a break, your FO drafted a player who beat his girlfriend last season. The idea they're looking for choir boys is hilarious. Plus, it's way past time for Carolina to take OT seriously and Robinson is a scheme fit.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:

Give me a break, your FO drafted a player who beat his girlfriend last season. The idea they're looking for choir boys is hilarious. Plus, it's way past time for Carolina to take OT seriously and Robinson is a scheme fit.

We did not draft a guy who beat his girlfriend... he beat his girlfriend after we drafted him. Prior to that, he was a projected 1st round pick who suffered an injury and slipped to the mid rounds... we took a flyer on a BPA.

That is like saying we drafted a Murder in Rae Carruth...

They are way past due for OT, sure... we in Carolina have been screaming that since Jordan Gross retired and Jeff Otah busted out...

But not in this class buddy. You ok with getting it wrong? Fine. You want to dismiss as expert advice on your mock (for the Panthers) as you will find on this forum? Fine.

Just keep in mind that you open yourself for discussion when you post a mock on a forum... and you are dead wrong on this pick.

Spartan300

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would prefer Barnett to the Bengals in this scenario and then either McMillan or Davis at LB in the second.
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock for the Cardinals. Btw, Marlon Humphrey is late 1st to 2nd round pick in my mock. He's overrated and certainly not a top 5 pick. Quincy Wilson a 3rd round pick!??????? He's a surefire top 20 overall, maybe top 15.

Last edited by Top5Fitz on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No complaints from me. Would love to see it turn out this way!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
I want no part of Peppers that early. Our coaches would never figure out waht to do with him anyway.

I'd be okay with the other two picks.

Really? They both strike me as reaches.

Okay. i looked more closely at it this time. If Goldfish is interested, personally i think we go DE in the first and LB in the second. The only way I change that is if the top DEs are gone and Reuben Foster is there, which he isn't in this scenario.

In the first, D'd definitely go Barnett. In the second, I'd go Jarrad Davis. In the third, Malachi Dupre, if he finally declares. That's actually how I would put my ideal mock at this point (assuming Garrett and Allen are long gone, as expected). All three guys are available at our picks.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
We did not draft a guy who beat his girlfriend... he beat his girlfriend after we drafted him. Prior to that, he was a projected 1st round pick who suffered an injury and slipped to the mid rounds... we took a flyer on a BPA.

No, you drafted a player in 2016 who beat his girlfriend in 2014...

Quote:

What..

Quote:
They are way past due for OT, sure... we in Carolina have been screaming that since Jordan Gross retired and Jeff Otah busted out...

But not in this class buddy. You ok with getting it wrong? Fine. You want to dismiss as expert advice on your mock (for the Panthers) as you will find on this forum? Fine.

Just keep in mind that you open yourself for discussion when you post a mock on a forum... and you are dead wrong on this pick.

Lol. I would love it so much if you guys drafted Robinson now, just for this epic rant.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:

No, you drafted a player in 2016 who beat his girlfriend in 2014...

Quote:

What..

Quote:

Lol. I would love it so much if you guys drafted Robinson now, just for this epic rant.

Same crow you can eat when you are wrong about this pick after having defended it so vehemently

EccentricFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Not bad for the Bills

But if you go Dupre in the 3rd it would be even better IMO.

I actually would not be fan of it. It would be the second year in a row for Buffalo spending the top three picks on defenders. (And our only pick in the top 2 rounds back in 2015 was a defender too.)

If the organization wants to stick with Tyrod, they should start supporting him with the draft a bit more. Even if we do re-sign Woods, it would be hard to pass on their choice of WR at 10.

If they want to move on from Tyrod, then Kizer is an tempting option.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't think Robinson is worthy of a top 10 pick. We sure as hell need an OT, though.

JF16 Forever
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
I personally don't think Robinson is worthy of a top 10 pick. We sure as hell need an OT, though.

Yeah with you, but plenty of average tackles get drafted way higher than you expect.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Not bad for the Bills

But if you go Dupre in the 3rd it would be even better IMO.

I actually would not be fan of it. It would be the second year in a row for Buffalo spending the top three picks on defenders. (And our only pick in the top 2 rounds back in 2015 was a defender too.)

If the organization wants to stick with Tyrod, they should start supporting him with the draft a bit more. Even if we do re-sign Woods, it would be hard to pass on their choice of WR at 10.

If they want to move on from Tyrod, then Kizer is an tempting option.

Defense is why they lost most games. If they want to build around Tyrod they should do it with veteran pieces at RT and WR. Those positions can take too long to develop from a rookie.

S is the biggest need IMO and CB will be too if they lose Gilmore. Bills need depth on DL. Thats why I liked this draft.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: