Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bring on the Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR43 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
DR43 wrote:
I'm not here to troll but I thought that this was a poor called game for Andy Reid. Any chance he loses his job this year?

No way. 43 wins in 4 years. You don't fire that.

Reid's problem was never winning games in the regular season. He just cant win the big games. He might be the worst big game coach ever.

Fine. I'll take that in a heartbeat.

If you told me Reid will have us winning an average of 11 games per season every year he is here, but we never make it to a superbowl, I'd give the guy whatever extension he wants. I'm cool with that.

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To a certain extent all you can do is give yourselves a chance every year. Playoffs 3/4 years. Then you see what happens. Problem is we've just played poorly or had an injury at a key spot every time in the playoffs.

2013 - secondary meltdown + Flowers got hurt in game and we had no slot CB
2015 - Houston hurt, Maclin hurt, Gronk healthy, Edelman healthy
2016 - Howard/Bailey/DJ all hurt. 3 of our 4 best run defenders against Le'Veon Bell and a Steelers OL that played absolutely phenomenal, plus 4 drops, stupid penalties in all kinds of key situations, and "the hold"

one of these years we'll be on the lucky side.... i hope

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped balls lost this game. We had 5 drive killing dropped balls, that just one catch could have changed this game. If there's a coach I want fired, it's our Wr coach.

I didn't love Reid's play calling, but that's not what lost the game. Sutton coached a game that kept one of the best offenses out of the end zone, how can you complaint that? Alex wasn't as great as he's been in past playoff games, but maybe he would have if even 2 of those 5 critical drops were caught. I don't know how to fix drops, but we better find someone who does. Go see if Jerry Rice wants to coach or something.

^ryknowssd on the sig
DR43

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
DR43 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
DR43 wrote:
I'm not here to troll but I thought that this was a poor called game for Andy Reid. Any chance he loses his job this year?

Reid's problem was never winning games in the regular season. He just cant win the big games. He might be the worst big game coach ever.

If you told me Reid will have us winning an average of 11 games per season every year he is here, but we never make it to a superbowl, I'd give the guy whatever extension he wants. I'm cool with that.

Why is that acceptable in your opinion? The point is to win the Super Bowl not just merely go to the playoffs.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:

So you're cool with being the Atlanta Hawks of the NFL? Consistently good but no real threat to advance past the 2ND round ?

Not saying that that's all Andy Reid is capable of, but I wouldn't be cool with that as a fan. The goal is to win the SB, especially when you have as many pro bowlers in their primes like KC does.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR43 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
DR43 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
DR43 wrote:

Why is that acceptable in your opinion? The point is to win the Super Bowl not just merely go to the playoffs.

I'm a football fan. The point, for me, is to enjoy watching football. There's been a heck of a lot of that the last 4 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main point I'll point out is it took us 2 Minutes to score from the 12 yard line... this is why I dog on Reid so much! He can be a really good coach, but seriously down 8 late in the game and there is absolutely no urgency. Quit putting the defense in a situation where they have to get 1 quick 3 and out.

There was a lot that went wrong this game, but for crying out loud that 2 minutes is HUGE. You're basically putting the QB in a situation where he has to get one first down... that doesn't fly against the top QB's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

So you're cool with being the Atlanta Hawks of the NFL? Consistently good but no real threat to advance past the 2ND round ?

Not saying that that's all Andy Reid is capable of, but I wouldn't be cool with that as a fan. The goal is to win the SB, especially when you have as many pro bowlers in their primes like KC does.

The Hawks are more the NBA equivalent of going 9-7 and sneaking in the playoffs annually. There's a few years they've mostly made it in because the NBA just sends too many teams to the postseason. We're not far removed from them making the playoffs with a losing record.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
To a certain extent all you can do is give yourselves a chance every year. Playoffs 3/4 years. Then you see what happens. Problem is we've just played poorly or had an injury at a key spot every time in the playoffs.

2016 - Howard/Bailey/DJ all hurt. 3 of our 4 best run defenders against Le'Veon Bell and a Steelers OL that played absolutely phenomenal, plus 4 drops, stupid penalties in all kinds of key situations, and "the hold"

I just read Poe was bear hugged on the last 3rd down to Brown...Fisher held for sure, but they choose to call the one pass holding of the game on the biggest play of the game against KC. Weather or not that's the NFL wanting a Pit/NE matchup or not, it's a bad look.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

I just read Poe was bear hugged on the last 3rd down to Brown...Fisher held for sure, but they choose to call the one pass holding of the game on the biggest play of the game against KC. Weather or not that's the NFL wanting a Pit/NE matchup or not, it's a bad look.

There are a couple images floating around, one of Poe getting bear hugged, one of Ford.

It is what it is. Fisher DID hold. Makes it hard for me to see it as a valid excuse. Sad thing is, he probably didn't have to. That's one where he could've just pushed Harrison upfield. Smith didn't need much time to find Harris in the end zone. He's gotta know the situation there. It's a short drop, just need two yards, you don't need to risk holding a guy to the ground, unless it's going to be an insta-sack.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Say what you will but I don't pin this on Sutton. We just held a team that almost dropped a 50 burger on us last time to keeping em out of the endzone. With a ton of injuries to boot. I feel the offense [inappropriate/removed] footed their way through the game. They had a good game plan for Reek as well. Oh well, too much emotion right now for thus convo

I hate the rush to blame Smith, Reid, and Sutton. Not just from us, but from fans at large, the immediate reaction was Smith being conservative and Reid mismanaging things, and that really wasn't the game at all. It was dropped passes on offense (A. Wilson, Maclin, Kelce, and Ware all contributed there) and an inability to shed blocks on defense (from basically everyone but Berry and R. Wilson.) It's not always the top guys who blew it. A lot of guys contributed to blowing this game. Including some of the good ones (Kelce, Houston, Ford, Jones) that people don't like criticizing because they're normally so good. Houston, Ford, and Jones contributed nothing in terms of pressure. Ron Parker blew it in coverage on several key drive extending plays. Kelce dropped a game changing kind of pass and then made a negatively game changing kind of penalty.

Smith played a good game. Reid put the offense in a position to succeed. Sutton adjusted as the game went on and we continued to be a shut down D in the red zone. It isn't always those 3 guys.

Jones and Ford were OK. Jones had a couple tipped passes. Ford was in on a sack. Poe wasn't, we got very little interior push and Bell was abusing him (I'll have to watch again to make sure it was Poe but I think it was) Drops and penalties killed drives.

Houston in coverage is ok sometimes if we're getting pressure without him, but I'd rather have Houston after the QB on 3rd downs 99.9999% of the time. Save the trick stuff for when they go 5 wide or empty backfield on 1st and 2nd down. I do think that on the early play where Houston was in deep coverage it was a blown assignment, Houston was suppose to take short coverage and Nelson was suppose to take the deep man. Brown made a little wiggle that Nelson took as Brown cutting back and thus becoming Houston man After Houston tackled Brown downfield he was looking back at Nelson like WTF. If assignments are not mixed up it would have been a good call. The later Houston in Pass D was just dumb. NO reason Houston isn't attacking the ball on a 3rd and game down!
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

There are a couple images floating around, one of Poe getting bear hugged, one of Ford.

It is what it is. Fisher DID hold. Makes it hard for me to see it as a valid excuse. Sad thing is, he probably didn't have to. That's one where he could've just pushed Harrison upfield. Smith didn't need much time to find Harris in the end zone. He's gotta know the situation there. It's a short drop, just need two yards, you don't need to risk holding a guy to the ground, unless it's going to be an insta-sack.

Pretty much this. At this point they could've snuck a 2x4 on the field and bashed Morse in the head on that play and it doesn't matter a bit now. The game is over, it stinks but we're stuck with the result no matter what we saw. I personally think Harrison grabbed Fish's arm (you can see it on replay) and slipped down to the ground but Fish got tapped and that's history now unfortunately.

I didn't mean to sound like I was putting it on the O only. There were MANY contributing factors. Alex didn't play poorly but he was very conservative 90%, drops KILLED, Kelse getting baiting into the personal foul (which I actually thought I saw a lot of), some missed calls, missed throws, bad whatever its all relative now.

To Val, Sutton definitely wasn't innocent but he made some adjustments (or maybe the players started ironing it out) and we did start sniffing out Bell. I feel that if we had DJ we might pull this one off. Ramik played very well considering but he doesn't have that full toolbox like DJ. I just feel Sutton shouldn't shoulder that much blame as how injuries ripped our front 7 to shreds all year and we kept rolling on.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Piquel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
The main point I'll point out is it took us 2 Minutes to score from the 12 yard line... this is why I dog on Reid so much! He can be a really good coach, but seriously down 8 late in the game and there is absolutely no urgency. Quit putting the defense in a situation where they have to get 1 quick 3 and out.

There was a lot that went wrong this game, but for crying out loud that 2 minutes is HUGE. You're basically putting the QB in a situation where he has to get one first down... that doesn't fly against the top QB's.

That's the result of being down two scores late in games. Reid's thinking IMHO is "we score, we stop, we score" is more likely to get the W then "We score, we stop, we score, they score, we have 18 sec to score" ala GB Dallas game. Reid's afraid to score the game winning TD to early (I'm not saying it's right or wrong but that what it seems like) I think that it is intentional that he runs out the clock late even when down 2 scores.

**On a side note, notice that last year we tried the onside vs NE, but this year we went for the stop. Both times the TD drives used up all the clock except for what was needed for us to get a FG to win.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Dropped balls lost this game. We had 5 drive killing dropped balls, that just one catch could have changed this game. If there's a coach I want fired, it's our Wr coach.

I didn't love Reid's play calling, but that's not what lost the game. Sutton coached a game that kept one of the best offenses out of the end zone, how can you complaint that? Alex wasn't as great as he's been in past playoff games, but maybe he would have if even 2 of those 5 critical drops were caught. I don't know how to fix drops, but we better find someone who does. Go see if Jerry Rice wants to coach or something.
i think we're second in the league in dropped passes overall iirc, just behind the Raiders
rjboxer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mediocre as the pass rush and rush defense were, and as anemic as the offense looked excluding that first drive, we were still in that game until the Steelers converted that last first down at the end of the game. We've been winning these type of games all year.
I think we need to look ahead to the draft and the off season. One thing I notice about the good playoff teams is how good their offensive lines are. Rogers, Roethlisberger, Brady, and Prescott appear to have all day to pick apart the defense. Alex is a good quarterback, but has a tendency to want to break out of the pocket at the first sign of pressure. I think the Guard position needs to be addressed. This offensive line needs to resemble the Great Wall of China to give a good quarterback time to throw, and open up running lanes for Ware and West.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: