Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bring on the Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjboxer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Bring on the Steelers Reply with quote

The path to the AFC championship game is going to be by beating the Steelers. God knows there should be plenty of motivation after the game in Pittsburgh this season. Glad we're healthy - they look tough.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the way the players would want it. When they played early in the year, the Chiefs beat themselves.

J

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New England 2 biggest threats will play each other next week.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas
Report of Big Ben in walking boot ...
#Steelers drop from -1.5 to "pick'em" across the board

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Despite being in a walking boot after today's win over Miami, Ben Roethlisberger said he will play Sunday vs Kansas City.

Quote:
Judy Battista ‏@judybattista
Ben in a walking boot certainly changes the feel of a day where just about everything was perfect for the Steelers.

Just saying ...

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't believe the Steelers threw with 5 min left up 24. Wake grab him around the waste and Ben's ankle got stuck under. Definitely hurt. Don't know how much it'll affect him, but I bet it's not nothing

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
It's the way the players would want it. When they played early in the year, the Chiefs beat themselves.

J
I don't think that's fair to the Steelers. 3 TD's in 6 plays, 1st. Qtr. ?? Egads.
No, KC made some mistakes, but Pitt beat us like you might want to see the infamous "Chicago 4" beat on.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J
I don't think that's fair to the Steelers. 3 TD's in 6 plays, 1st. Qtr. ?? Egads.
No, KC made some mistakes, but Pitt beat us like you might want to see the infamous "Chicago 4" beat on.

That is exactly the period I was talking about. It was a total breakdown. Even after that the team was just going through the motions.

J

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else scared as f*** for this matchup? Not just because of the first meeting but just as a matchup in general. Doesn't help that both of the coworkers I work the closest with are huge PIT fans and idk if i can take the verbal beating I will recieve if we lose again Smile

BenderRodriguez on the sig
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC wants a SB we have to earn it, and when we win they can't say well your path was easy.

Legit contenders > teams like Stealers, Patriots.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC=SB 42 wrote:
Anyone else scared as f*** for this matchup? Not just because of the first meeting but just as a matchup in general. Doesn't help that both of the coworkers I work the closest with are huge PIT fans and idk if i can take the verbal beating I will recieve if we lose again Smile

I'm more nervous for this game than I would have been for a Patriots match up.

1st/2nd downs will be HUGE on defense, we can't let them get into 3 and short.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious why Pittsburgh's Bud Dupree wasn't thrown out of the game for targeting Matt Moore? I thought the intent was obvious - take out Matt Moore, knock him out of the game.

NFL refs supposedly had a directive from the top to protect NFL QB's. Has this been rescinded? Seems so. QB's are taking shots like i've not seen in a long time. Except for a few, like favorite sons Brady, Rodgers, etc.. They get roughing the passer penalties for tic-tac nonsense.

A clear message was sent to Alex Smith, "were coming to hurt you". I wonder what Alex was thinking after that blatant hit by Dupree?
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Everybody that was banged up is good to go now."

~ Andy Reid mentioning Spencer Ware and Justin Houston, specifically.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only does the Dolphins nearly lose the QB for the game after Bud Dupree's blatant targeting hit, now the NFL wants to maybe punish the Dolphins some more?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000772120/article/nfl-to-review-concussion-protocol-on-matt-moore-hit
This is sickening IMO. It's a playoff game and Dupree gets a "free ticket" (measly 15yd penalty? whaaaa?) to knock out the opponents QB.

Ooops, no NFL directive to protect QB's here. Let's face it, it's open season on playoff QB's now. Pittsburgh made it clear - they're coming for Alex Smith. I expect the Steelers to blatantly try to knock Alex out of the game Sunday.
footballfan81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Not only does the Dolphins nearly lose the QB for the game after Bud Dupree's blatant targeting hit, now the NFL wants to maybe punish the Dolphins some more?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000772120/article/nfl-to-review-concussion-protocol-on-matt-moore-hit
This is sickening IMO. It's a playoff game and Dupree gets a "free ticket" (measly 15yd penalty? whaaaa?) to knock out the opponents QB.

Ooops, no NFL directive to protect QB's here. Let's face it, it's open season on playoff QB's now. Pittsburgh made it clear - they're coming for Alex Smith. I expect the Steelers to blatantly try to knock Alex out of the game Sunday.

Then the Chiefs better return the favor and take out Ben. I hate it when teams don't retaliate to blatant hits like that. The Dolphins should have knocked out Ben once the game was out of reach. The blatant hit on Moore and Ben still being out there when the game was pretty much over was a perfect opportunity for Miami to retaliate.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh,......no!!! To "return" the favor chances one of our own getting ejected in a game where we need everybody on deck and on the same page. How bout this: Do a good job of protection, and let Alex do what Alex does...WIN!!

Getting bogged down in all the fringe conversations simply detracts from true, good preparation. Smack talk like that is for the parking lot idiots with too many "whore" moans running amck. That doesn't win games. Seeing the game with a good clear mind and clear eyes will get us a win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: