You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamsFan24 PlayOff Ready Offseason Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: RamsFan24 PlayOff Ready Offseason Mock Reply with quote

Coaching Staff

HC Kyle Shanahan (I have a bad feeling that Kyle is going to the Bronco's, if so either Josh McDaniels or Sean McVay )
OC Matt LaFleur (If Kyle goes else where, I have no idea who Josh or Sean would go with here)
DC Raheem Morris
ST John Fassel

Releashed-
HB Tre Mason
OG Rodger Saffold
C Tim Barnes
TE Lance Kendricks
DE Eugene Sims

Re-sign-
CB Trumaine Johnson - 5 years $60 million
K Greg Zuerlein - 3 years $6 million
HB Benny Cunningham - 3 years $6 million
DT Dominique Easley - RFA Tender
DE Ethan Westbrooks - RFA Tender
DE Matt Longacre - ERFA Tender

Let Walk-
WR Kenny Britt - I really like him as a player, but with Fisher gone, we just don't know what we are getting
SS T.J. McDonald - I really like TJ also, but with Maurice being a better fit at Strong Safety, we can use this money for new talent.
QB Case Keenum - We decide to allow him to get a reserve role in another offense, Sean is our backup.
WR Brian Quick - It is just time for a change, Quick has some talent but he just couldn't figure it out with us.

Free Agency

WR Alshon Jeffrey - 5 years $60 million

I know there is a chance that the Bears might keep him, but if they don't this would be an huge signing for the Rams. This would give the Rams a bonafide #1 Receiver. Alshon would give Goff the dominate safety blanket that he has been desperately needing.

OT Andrew Whitworth - 2 years $15.5 million

Yes, LA is not playing about being a contender in the NFC and growing the new fan base. By grabbing Andrew this will give the Rams a very good blindside protector. With this signing we move Greg inside to the guard position where he belongs. This is a great signing for the Rams, Jared Goff will finally start to have the proper pieces around and in front of him.

LG Ronald Leary - 5 years $35 million

Our offensive line was horrible this season, adding an very talented blocker like Leary will continue the rebuilding process for us. Leary has played on an dominating Dallas offensive line and he can bring his veteran leadership over here as an replacement for Staffold. Leary and Whitworth will give us an dominating left side of the ball with veteran that know how to lead.

SS Matt Elam - 1 year $2 million

Matt Elam will come in as insurance for our defense in which he will come in and compete with Mo Alexander for the starting SS spot. With LaMarcus Joyner moving back to Free Safety from corner, we will have some depth and talent in the back end. Elam will come in on a prove it deal.

The rams are not playing this offseason with the big three signing. With these three players it will put the Rams really close to the cap, but this three along with Matt Elam is worth it. The Rams are serious about bringing a winning team to LA that will compete in the NFC. The Rams follow a path similar to the Giants and Dolphins with signing big free Agents that help push their teams a new level. Grabbing Alshon, Andrew and Ronald would give us most needed talented leaders for the Rams.

2017 LA Rams NFL Draft

2nd Rd JuJu Smith-Schuster-WR, USC

3rd Rd Cameron Sutton-CB, Tennessee

4th Rd Daeshon Hall-DE, Texas A&M

4th Rd Comp Pick Jon Toth-OC, Kentucky

5th Rd Jalen Reeves-Maybin-OLB/ILB, Tennessee

6th Rd Jeremy Cutrer-CB, Middle Tennessee

6th Rd Comp Pick Cole Hikutini-TE, Louisville

7th Rd Josh Augusta-DT, Missouri

Projected Starters

QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Alshon Jeffrey
ZWR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Ronald Leary
C: Jon Toth
RG: Greg Robinson
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: William Hayes/Daeshon Hall
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Mark Barron
MLB: Alec Ogletree
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB:Cameron Sutton
SLCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: Maurice Alexander/ Matt Elam

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

I feel with the aggressive offseason that the Rams would not only be exciting to watch again. But with these new additions we will finally have an explosive offense and be a real playoff contender. Jared Goff would be in a very good position to succeed and make plays. Our offense would finally have the perfect mix of true playmakers, veteran leaders and solid players. The Rams offensive line would be very scary with these additions. We would have Jamon Brown, Cody Wichmann and Andrew Donnell all coming off the bench. If Greg doesn't do well at guard for some reason, or if someone goes down, we finally have some good young talent to come in and play. Even at receiver we would still have Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas and Nelson Spruce coming in off the bench. I hope you enjoy this mock offseason, I think with some creativity that Kevin Demoff and CO could pull off the numbers to allow us to grab and resign our veteran playmakers and leaders.

Last edited by RamsFan24 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks good. There are a couple issues I have.

I don't see Shanahan signing Whitworth. Whitworth is a great LT, but he's a PBS LT.

Cameron Sutton is one of the very few DBs projected to go in the first two days of the draft that I don't like. He's soft. Plays like he's allergic to contact.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jrry32"]It looks good. There are a couple issues I have.

I don't see Shanahan signing Whitworth. Whitworth is a great LT, but he's a PBS LT.

Cameron Sutton is one of the very few DBs projected to go in the first two days of the draft that I don't like. He's soft. Plays like he's allergic to contact.[/quote

Hey jrry, like always thanks for the response man.

I didn't evan think out the scheme with Shanahan, I just went with the best players that would come in and immediately dominant their position on this roster. Now I don't even think that Shanahan will be our coach unfortunately, I'm just hoping, but I do believe that he may go to the Broncos.

As for Sutton, I choose him because he does have 1st round talent, but because of injuries I think he might be the one corner that drops to the top of the third. Now I like alot of corners at this spot and I would be perfectly fine with either of them instead. Like Cordrea Tankersley from Clemson (I was actually thinking about putting him here, then I seem Dee Rawl's new mock, so I did something different, lol). I also like Tre'Davious White out of LSU, as well as Jourdan Lewis out of Michigan. I had Lewis in my first mock, so I decided to switch it up a little bit.

Last edited by RamsFan24 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but would we have the money for that type of Free Agency?

Also not a fan of Sutton, but I love me some Reeves-Maybin, I dount he'll last that long. I know this maybe a bit of a surprise, but as a big time SC/JuJu guy, even I have my doubts about him. He makes some careless drops and has trouble separating. There are definitely some aggressive moves in there and overall I like it.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Also not a fan of Sutton, but I love me some Reeves-Maybin, I dount he'll last that long. I know this maybe a bit of a surprise, but as a big time SC/JuJu guy, even I have my doubts about him. He makes some careless drops and has trouble separating. There are definitely some aggressive moves in there and overall I like it.

Yea, we can pull that off in FA. We currently have between $40 million and $44 million. After those cuts, we'd have around $53 million to $57 million.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
As for Sutton, I choose him because he does have 1st round talent, but because of injuries I think he might be the one corner that drops to the top of the third. Now I like alot of corners at this spot and I would be perfectly fine with either of them instead. Like Cordrea Tankersley from Clemson (I was actually thinking about putting him here, then I seem Dee Rawl's new mock, so I did something different, lol. I also like Tre'Davious White out of LSU, as well as Jourdan Lewis out of Michigan. I had Lewis in my first mock, so I decided to switch it up a little bit.

Yea, Sutton is a total no go for me. I don't mess with CBs who are allergic to contact.

Yep, it is unfortunately looking like Shanahan is out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

what do you think of Courtland Sutton - WR/SMU?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RamsFan24 wrote:
As for Sutton, I choose him because he does have 1st round talent, but because of injuries I think he might be the one corner that drops to the top of the third. Now I like alot of corners at this spot and I would be perfectly fine with either of them instead. Like Cordrea Tankersley from Clemson (I was actually thinking about putting him here, then I seem Dee Rawl's new mock, so I did something different, lol. I also like Tre'Davious White out of LSU, as well as Jourdan Lewis out of Michigan. I had Lewis in my first mock, so I decided to switch it up a little bit.

Yea, Sutton is a total no go for me. I don't mess with CBs who are allergic to contact.

Im not as convinced as you guys that Shanahan is going to Denver. I'm sure Kyle has said he wants to go there, it's a good gig to have. But just because he says he wants that job doesn't mean it's his. I still believe the original reports that Vance Joseph is the front runner, due to their QB situation (not a good one on the roster, and possibly bringing in a bet to fix the issue) and wanting to keep their defense at this high level.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up. Nicely done.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
RamsFan24 wrote:

Im not as convinced as you guys that Shanahan is going to Denver. I'm sure Kyle has said he wants to go there, it's a good gig to have. But just because he says he wants that job doesn't mean it's his. I still believe the original reports that Vance Joseph is the front runner, due to their QB situation (not a good one on the roster, and possibly bringing in a bet to fix the issue) and wanting to keep their defense at this high level.

I think us missing his interview is more problematic than anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't control the weather man. But if pushing back our interview is what costs us Shanahan or McDaniel, I don't believe we really had a shot at him. I'm not saying Goff should scare anyone off, but I have a feeling that Shanahan and McDaniel want to pick "their guy" so they will have no excuses as head coaches down the road if it doesn't pan out.

McVay is starting to grow on me, but we're young undisciplined team. I'm not sure a 30yr old coach is going to come in and change that culture. It's unfair to label him that way, but I can see his age being an issue with this club atleast.
Boboso20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
Can't control the weather man. But if pushing back our interview is what costs us Shanahan or McDaniel, I don't believe we really had a shot at him. I'm not saying Goff should scare anyone off, but I have a feeling that Shanahan and McDaniel want to pick "their guy" so they will have no excuses as head coaches down the road if it doesn't pan out.

McVay is starting to grow on me, but we're young undisciplined team. I'm not sure a 30yr old coach is going to come in and change that culture. It's unfair to label him that way, but I can see his age being an issue with this club atleast.

I have the exact opposite view. Him being young I think is a good thing. He can relate to the players a bit more since he's around their age. This team also needs some energy behind it. They got used to Fishers ways which to me seem like everything was lackadaisical in his players Coach mentality. They need someone to push them not be their friend.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all aboard this offseason. I like it. It fixes our biggest issue, the O Line. I'd love to see Goff behind a line that actually gives him time to find open WR's, and now it appears we might have some that can actually catch the ball.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boboso20 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

I have the exact opposite view. Him being young I think is a good thing. He can relate to the players a bit more since he's around their age. This team also needs some energy behind it. They got used to Fishers ways which to me seem like everything was lackadaisical in his players Coach mentality. They need someone to push them not be their friend.

Seems a little contradictory. I agree they need someone to not be their friend, but how does someone who can relate and be closer to their age not come off as a friend? We will probably bring in a few veteran FA's this offseason who might be older than McVay as well.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best off-season posted so far as of right now. Hope this happens.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: