Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's 2017 Mock Off-Season 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: DEE RAWL's 2017 Mock Off-Season 2.0 Reply with quote

2017 Mock Off season

Ive been meaning to do a mock, so Im finally getting around to it even though Im still without a computer so I apologize for lack of formatting and pretty pictures.

HC- Sean McVay

I was really hoping for Shanahan, but at the moment I'd say McVay is probably the slight favorite. I dont love it, but he does have a bright offensive mind. My question is how a soon-to-be 31 year old will handle a full NFL team.

DC- Gus Bradley

Im taking a complete shot in the dark here with Bradley. I have no idea who McVay would bring in as the DC. I would love Wade Phillips, but thats a bit of a pipe dream Id think.

ST- John Fassel

Well liked and respected within the organization and team. I dont see why they would get rid of him or why he would want to leave.

Im not going to pretend to know all the money numbers, so I just go for what I think is realistic and makes sense.

Cuts/Let Walk

TJ McDonald
Brian Quick
Kenny Britt
Lance Kendricks
Rodger Saffold
Eugene Sims
Tim Barnes
Tre Mason
Case Keenum

Essentially creating cap room letting those go who arent earning their paychecks.

Re-sign

Trumaine Johnson
Dominique Easley
Benny Cunningham
Greg Zuerlein

I think its likely we will lose one of TJ or Trumaine. TJ could very well follow Williams to Cleveland, but its just a guess. In this scenario we choose to keep Trumaine which will obviously cost a pretty penny.

Free Agency

Pierre Garcon, WR, Redskins

A vet WR that had been put in mocks for a while, but it makes all the more sense with McVay as HC.

Larry Warford, OG, Lions

The Lions have some decisions to make financially themselves so I dont think they will be willing to let Warford walk because they have to keep Reiff. He is better in the run game than he is in pass pro, but he will help open lanes for Gurley and he will come relatively cheap.

Vernon Davis, TE, Redskins

Another signing that makes too much sense should McVay land the job. Davis has talked up McVay in interviews and Im sure he would love the idea of being the feature TE for his HC.

Jarvis Jones, LB, Steelers

Lunatic listed it first, but I was thinking about this as well. He hasnt panned out the way people thought, but he would come cheap and is a low risk high reward signing giving us a nice option as a SLB/edge rusher.

2017 NFL Draft

2. Forrest Lamp, OL, WKU

Fixing this OL has to be the first, second, and third priority this off-season. Lamp has been a fast riser and with good reason. Both Ryan Anderson and Jonathan Allen, two of Bama's premier defenders, were asked who was the best player they went up against. Their answer... Forrest Lamp. He is as safe as it as they come up front.

3. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

A tall, lanky, and athletic corner who would fit right into Bradley's scheme. There are tons of talented corners and edge defenders in this draft so as jrry has eluded to, someone will fall.

4. Jon Toth, C, Kentucky

Another pick that Lunatic used that I also have had my eyes on for a while. Really really strong and an underrated athlete. Has good size at 6'5" as well. Wouldnt be surprised if he moves up a little after a good showing at the senior bowl.

4(comp). Carl Lawson, DE/Edge, Auburn

Some of you may say this is way too late for Lawson, but the word is that teams are down on him for some lack of production and overall athleticism. Snead, who I anticipate being back, loves his Auburn players.

5. Zach Banner, OL, USC

Hes a massive man at 6'9" nearly 400 pounds and hes surprisingly athletic for his size. Played RT at USC and will likely move inside to guard and would be a good developmental OL that gets serious push in the ground game.

Starting lineup

QB- Goff
RB- Gurley
FB- Harkey
TE- Davis/Higbee
Z- Garcon
X- Austin
SL- Cooper
LT- Robinson
LG- Lamp
C- Toth
RG- Warford
RT- Havenstein

RE- Quinn
NT- Brockers
DT- Donald
LE- Hayes
LB- Ogletree
LB- Barron
SLB- Jones
LCB- Johnson
RCB- Tankersley
FS- Joyner
SS- Alexander

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Tim Williams, EDGE, Bama
3. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
4. Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio St
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Great job, Dee.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Dee, I would be perfectly fine with this offseason.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yall

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one comment that I have that is constructive criticism. I don't see Warford being relatively cheap. I think he'll land a 5 year deal worth between $32.5 million and $37.5 million.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
There is one comment that I have that is constructive criticism. I don't see Warford being relatively cheap. I think he'll land a 5 year deal worth between $32.5 million and $37.5 million.

6 mil a year? Hm I wouldnt have guessed that, but I guess it makes sense with the salary cap inflation.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: