Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Jets Offensive Coordinator Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
Oakland just let Bill Musgrave's contract expire. Let's hire him please.
I just talked to my buddy who's a Raiders fan. Said he put a great system in place, but makes some questionable calls in obvious situations.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Sean McDermott is headed to the Bills and Mike McCoy will likely join him Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Sounds like Sean McDermott is headed to the Bills and Mike McCoy will likely join him Crying or Very sad

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

You sound surprised.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.
I wonder if Tyrod definitely becomes available now

Let's do it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Let's do it

Please no

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Let's do it

Please no
I'm confused as to why not

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Let's do it

Please no

I like him, would have loved him in Gaileys offense but I think with us potentially moving away from spread concepts and a shotgun heavy offense to a more under center, run heavy, vertical offense I don't see him as good of a fit.

I do like his game, doesn't turn the ball ovee, a threat to run so the defense stays honest but I just don't see the skill set meshing with the offense it seems Bowles wants to employ.

Guess we'll have to see who the OC/QBC are first.

Quote:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Let's do it

Yes!

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . GEORGIA STATE .
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were never getting a big name guy like McCoy. This is the least desirable coordinator position in the NFL. No QB, team is looked at as "dysfunctional", a HC that's on a very hot seat and a regime change could be on the horizon next year.

I don't think any established coach would want to come into this situation.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Let's do it

Please no

I like him, would have loved him in Gaileys offense but I think with us potentially moving away from spread concepts and a shotgun heavy offense to a more under center, run heavy, vertical offense I don't see him as good of a fit.

I do like his game, doesn't turn the ball ovee, a threat to run so the defense stays honest but I just don't see the skill set meshing with the offense it seems Bowles wants to employ.

He has a beautiful deep ball not sure why he's not a fit. Taylor and play action would be a nice fit actually I think.

Props to Mack on the sig

2017 FA want list
QB-Tyrod Taylor, CB-AJ Bouye, FS-Michael Thomas, OT-Luke Joeckel, OLB-Nick Perry, WR-Justin Hunter, ILB-Jon Bostic, SS-TJ McDonald, CB-Marcus Cooper
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
We were never getting a big name guy like McCoy. This is the least desirable coordinator position in the NFL. No QB, team is looked at as "dysfunctional", a HC that's on a very hot seat and a regime change could be on the horizon next year.

Whisenhunt would Very Happy

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . GEORGIA STATE .
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Let's do it

Please no

He has a beautiful deep ball not sure why he's not a fit. Taylor and play action would be a nice fit actually I think.

He's not really a natural drop back, first read, second read, third read QB.

He's more first read, run/checkdown which is why he doesn't turn the ball over. That's why I said he'd make sense for what Gailey was doing but if we're going away from that then I don't see the fit. He's also going to command a lot of money and I feel our resources will be better utilized on improving the QBs we have here already.

Strenghting the O-Line and run game some more, majority of the reps going to them two. See what we have in those we invested in. If Taylor comes here on big money it's to start, next year should be about developing our own talent and seeing what we have in them.

Quote:
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

I agree, which is why we should be trying to pry away a quality OC like Shanahan, Cooter or Carmichael to be our HEAD coach.

The only way we get a very good offensive mind here is with a promotion.

Keeping Bowles right now makes absolutely no sense.
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Pats have Belichick
Dolphins have Gase
Bill will have McCoy

Oh God.

Let's do it

Please no

He's not really a natural drop back, first read, second read, third read QB.

He's more first read, run/checkdown which is why he doesn't turn the ball over. That's why I said he'd make sense for what Gailey was doing but if we're going away from that then I don't see the fit. He's also going to command a lot of money and I feel our resources will be better utilized on improving the QBs we have here already.

Strenghting the O-Line and run game some more, majority of the reps going to them two. See what we have in those we invested in. If Taylor comes here on big money it's to start, next year should be about developing our own talent and seeing what we have in them.

What talent? We didn't even feel comfortable playing Hackenberg in a completely meaningless Week 17 game against Buffalo! He is not going to be ready next year, if ever. Petty, he's OK. I do not believe he is the type of talent we need to explore further, though. It's fine having them on the roster. They'll see action at some point next season, more than likely.

In the meantime, we need a real quarterback. Enough of this crap. If there are better options available to us (and there are), then it would be stupid not to pursue them because of some patient, developmental approach notion. Sanchez, Geno...they didn't pan out, not because we weren't patient enough, but because they were never good enough. And we were never good enough around them, offensively.

If true that they want to become a more vertical offense, more run-oriented, more old-school, then there is no better candidate to run that type of offense than Tony Romo.

By the time Romo retires, Hackenberg might STILL not be ready to start for us. We could be waiting forever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: