You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Berman out at ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Was he really that bad? I don't watch pre game shows or his highlights. Use to love him though.

I used to like him too. But he clearly lost it, watching him in recent seasons. Seemed like he was tripping over his own words at times and was forcing his iconic "BAMs" when his heart clearly isn't in it anymore (or perhaps, his body wasn't).

Nacho Simulation Football League
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Was he really that bad? I don't watch pre game shows or his highlights. Use to love him though.

I think people found out that he liked listening to Nickelback so it was instant hate.

People have been hating on him for a long time. His original generation liked him (for the most part), he brought entertainment not just reading a script. It become cool to hate him and we all want to be cool.

We can find faults with all of us, so once you have a target on you it's hard to avoid the arrows.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I think people found out that he liked listening to Nickelback so it was instant hate.

People have been hating on him for a long time. His original generation liked him (for the most part), he brought entertainment not just reading a script. It become cool to hate him and we all want to be cool.

We can find faults with all of us, so once you have a target on you it's hard to avoid the arrows.

Meh, he was one of the more annoying personalities in sports.

Still, there are those who I hate listening to far more than Berman. Collingsworthless immediately comes to mind. Every time I hear him talk I just want to punch him in the face. He has the most annoyingly smug voice of anyone I've ever heard. That, and he single handedly killed the only good thing that PFF ever had (their advanced stats... after he bought the site he skyrocketed it from a $20 yearly subscription to $2000 a month.

The day he is fired from NBC is a day I'll rejoice... and maybe even unmute Sunday Night Football.

Nacho Simulation Football League
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should anchor a sports show for kids. I and many of you probably loved him when we were younger.

I also agree that the infamous video really hurt his rep as the goofy, lovable highlight dude.

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw I LOVE Collinsworth

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
Badger75

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful what you wish for. When Howard Cowell left MNF it was never the same. Idea
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care for the 362 days of the year I don't watch ESPN, but I certainly care for the draft. There was nothing more obnoxious than him pretending to accurately guess what the pick was 32 times in a row when literally everybody knows he already knows who the pick is.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berman was barely involved in ESPN's Football Coverage nowadays guys. He let the other 4 guys speak and then would speak with a logical tone when they finished making flashpoints. He then would do the Sunday Night "Blitz" coverage which was about 4 different 5 minute segments. For what it's worth he was the only guy worth watching on most networks - sans the CBS team - other than Eisen.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to God that [inappropriate/removed] Wingo doesn't take his spot.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
btw I LOVE Collinsworth

Cred level -9000
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
I don't really care for the 362 days of the year I don't watch ESPN, but I certainly care for the draft. There was nothing more obnoxious than him pretending to accurately guess what the pick was 32 times in a row when literally everybody knows he already knows who the pick is.

That stuff got old.

Berman was iconic for a time, IMO, early ESPN. When it was way more fun. But it grew tired fast and he just tried too hard.

I don't even know what ESPN's direction is anymore but there used to be a channel that streamed old SC's. Yes, old SC's and holy crap that was entertaining. Maybe I'm just nostalgic.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Berman was barely involved in ESPN's Football Coverage nowadays guys. He let the other 4 guys speak and then would speak with a logical tone when they finished making flashpoints. He then would do the Sunday Night "Blitz" coverage which was about 4 different 5 minute segments. For what it's worth he was the only guy worth watching on most networks - sans the CBS team - other than Eisen.

Right. People are so over the top on guys who are older in the business. Its like you either have to retire or die while still on top or you going to get bash cause you dont do it good no more after 40 years in the biz. He didnt speak that much now anyway. Just was the familiar face on shows. Fact is only one other dude even compares to him doing highlights back in the day and that was George Michael on NBC. These two dudes brought entertainment to sports highlights and updates.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Right. People are so over the top on guys who are older in the business. Its like you either have to retire or die while still on top or you going to get bash cause you dont do it good no more after 40 years in the biz. He didnt speak that much now anyway. Just was the familiar face on shows. Fact is only one other dude even compares to him doing highlights back in the day and that was George Michael on NBC. These two dudes brought entertainment to sports highlights and updates.

Was that the guy from Wham!? If so he was top 3 all time.

(Just kidding, I watched the sports machine)
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get the hate for Berman....but this forum complains about pretty much every broadcaster and analyst. To be fair, there are a bunch I complain about as well....but Berman was never one of them.

I should note that I have not watched ESPN much over the last 7 years or so, and that he may not be as good as he used to be. But I grew up with him and liked him for a long time. If nothing else, this is sad from a nostalgic viewpoint.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

The guy talked about traveling to Canada to attain the drugs that he was high on while filming. His sound effects have gone stale years ago. There are multiple instances of his disrespect to coworkers. A settlement was made. He brings virtually no insight or creativity to whatever segment he's apart of.

Yeah, the dude's a victim and we're all here to be "cool".

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: