Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Offseason Overlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Fournette plz

Im starting to feel this is the safest pick at 6 to get an immediate difference maker. I normally would never want a first round back but this guy will be that good. Would give us an identity again...thats a start when you dont have a QB.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a safe pick. That's what Leo was after all. Fournette and Howard imo have no question marks really (every prospect has some). We aren't a franchisebthat can take a risk at this point in a rebuild.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
We need a safe pick. That's what Leo was after all. Fournette and Howard imo have no question marks really (every prospect has some). We aren't a franchisebthat can take a risk at this point in a rebuild.

That is the key, we can't afford to take any kind of risk. what is what has me so worried.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know so many people want to trade down, but there's several teams that want to trade down. This is why I always say it's not easy to trade down.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Weren't you arguing that Leo was a bad pick? Or was that someone else? Also, Fournette has question marks around his ankle and teams are starting to question the guys passion for the game which came up by some during the season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Weren't you arguing that Leo was a bad pick? Or was that someone else? Also, Fournette has question marks around his ankle and teams are starting to question the guys passion for the game which came up by some during the season.

I think he was a bad pick bc of our team needs. But talent wise he was a can't miss. I still think Beasley would've helped this defense out tons more and that's who I wanted that draft. Regarding LF I think when your so good and teams find very little wrong theybstart reaching for things to pick apart. His ankle never needed surgery and I don't think he doesn't have passion. Hooker if anything should be the one we question with passion. Guy wanted to quit football and basketball is his passion.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

I think he was a bad pick bc of our team needs. But talent wise he was a can't miss. I still think Beasley would've helped this defense out tons more and that's who I wanted that draft. Regarding LF I think when your so good and teams find very little wrong theybstart reaching for things to pick apart. His ankle never needed surgery and I don't think he doesn't have passion. Hooker if anything should be the one we question with passion. Guy wanted to quit football and basketball is his passion.
But you're advocating for a safe pick, yet calling Leo a bad pick. Idk. Just seems like a weird statement. I'm not personally questioning Fournette's passion, but it's worth noting. In terms of the ankle not needing surgery, sometimes the nagging injuries that don't need surgeries, are the worst ones.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Malik wrote:
It's in the Jets best interest to figure out how to utilize their (arguably) most talented player to his best ability. No idea why THAT isn't the option fans want most than trading for a great player to get a 6th round special team talent.
Exactly

And people want to draft OJ Howard Laughing

If Bowles & co can't figure out how to use a defensive end, then he's not going to figure out how to use a TE

That last part is probably why we should trade Richardson. In two years Bowles and Rodgers couldn't figure out how to use him, and if by some miracle they did, we would more than likely lose him to free agency next year.

As for Howard, I wonder what people expect from him. Do they see him as a Jimmy Graham or Jason Witten (both 3rd rounders by the way) or more like a Vernon Davis who had a very average type career (2 pro bowls in 11 years)?

In picking Howard, I'd be envisioning Jason Witten. A player who could be both a receiving weapon and someone who was like an extra OT on the field. Not the type of one dimensional TE's that gives away the play every time they take the field.

The other TE who's been getting this type of praise is Adam Shaheen, a small school "sleeper" pick who probably will be a third/ early fourth selection. Obviously though, he never faced the level of competition that Howard had. More of a project.

A Witten career would be worth a 6th, definitely - 1 missed game in 14 seasons, 10 pro bowls, and over 1000 receptions.

My concern is that in the last two seasons Howard only has 5 TD with 3 coming in the last two championship games. It's nice that he rose to the occasion but I wonder if he can do it consistently in the NFL. Blocking is fine but you can get a blocking TE off the waiver wires.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fournette would be such a bad pick. Why are we going to waste his prime here over the next 3 years rebuilding and running him into the ground. Just such a massive waste of a pick for a rebuilding team. We can create an identity with the running game without using a premium pick on a RB.

Give me Sammy Perine later if you want to pound the rock and have an identity. He's a tough runner with better hands then Fournette.

I still want Howard the most but will be happy with either safety as well.

Props to Mack on the sig
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Malik wrote:
It's in the Jets best interest to figure out how to utilize their (arguably) most talented player to his best ability. No idea why THAT isn't the option fans want most than trading for a great player to get a 6th round special team talent.
Exactly

And people want to draft OJ Howard Laughing

If Bowles & co can't figure out how to use a defensive end, then he's not going to figure out how to use a TE

That last part is probably why we should trade Richardson. In two years Bowles and Rodgers couldn't figure out how to use him, and if by some miracle they did, we would more than likely lose him to free agency next year.

As for Howard, I wonder what people expect from him. Do they see him as a Jimmy Graham or Jason Witten (both 3rd rounders by the way) or more like a Vernon Davis who had a very average type career (2 pro bowls in 11 years)?

In picking Howard, I'd be envisioning Jason Witten. A player who could be both a receiving weapon and someone who was like an extra OT on the field. Not the type of one dimensional TE's that gives away the play every time they take the field.

The other TE who's been getting this type of praise is Adam Shaheen, a small school "sleeper" pick who probably will be a third/ early fourth selection. Obviously though, he never faced the level of competition that Howard had. More of a project.

A Witten career would be worth a 6th, definitely - 1 missed game in 14 seasons, 10 pro bowls, and over 1000 receptions.

My concern is that in the last two seasons Howard only has 5 TD with 3 coming in the last two championship games. It's nice that he rose to the occasion but I wonder if he can do it consistently in the NFL. Blocking is fine but you can get a blocking TE off the waiver wires.

Rich you can't count Howard stats the young QB freshman for Alabama was lousy last year. With the upcoming draft we can't take a chance on a SLEEPER. we need a sure. And that sure thing must be on offensive.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to fast forward to next Thursday

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
I really want to fast forward to next Thursday

Best post of the offseason, me to. Can't wait to the 27th
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Howard or Adams and I have a strong feeling one of them will be the pick if we stick at 6. I know spending #6 on a TE or S is unorthodox, but Adams is an Eric Berry-like player who can single handedly change the identity of our secondary and not only can Howard be a difference-maker for the offense, he'd be excellent for our young QBs to grow with, especially Hackenberg, who needs a Howard-type TE to help get the passing game in a rhythm.

I like Lattimore, but prefer to go elsewhere and draft a corner in the 2nd/3rd. I like Hooker, but prefer Adams. I see Garrett, Thomas, and Trubisky being selected in the top 5. Fournette to JAX is a very strong possibility. If all those things happened, one of Adams/Thomas are guaranteed to be available at 6.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fournette would be such a bad pick. Why are we going to waste his prime here over the next 3 years rebuilding and running him into the ground. Just such a massive waste of a pick for a rebuilding team. We can create an identity with the running game without using a premium pick on a RB.

Give me Sammy Perine later if you want to pound the rock and have an identity. He's a tough runner with better hands then Fournette.

I still want Howard the most but will be happy with either safety as well.

Yeah I love Perine as well. Listen I don't disagree with you, I am never of the opinion that RB or even TE for that matter should be taken first, but we really need to hit on some picks this year, our history has really been awful.

I'll be happy if we don't take a QB or an out of position DL attempting to clog the DL yet again.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
I really want Howard or Adams and I have a strong feeling one of them will be the pick if we stick at 6. I know spending #6 on a TE or S is unorthodox, but Adams is an Eric Berry-like player who can single handedly change the identity of our secondary and not only can Howard be a difference-maker for the offense, he'd be excellent for our young QBs to grow with, especially Hackenberg, who needs a Howard-type TE to help get the passing game in a rhythm.

I like Lattimore, but prefer to go elsewhere and draft a corner in the 2nd/3rd. I like Hooker, but prefer Adams. I see Garrett, Thomas, and Trubisky being selected in the top 5. Fournette to JAX is a very strong possibility. If all those things happened, one of Adams/Thomas are guaranteed to be available at 6.

This is where I'm at as well. If we land Howard or Adams I'd be very happy.

Easily my top choices outside of Garrett who won't be there.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

Jump to: