Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Offseason Overlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Heymangold wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Heymangold wrote:
Why so invested in Marshall? He's a bad team guy, dropped a ton of balls he should have caught and was only here for 2 years. When Mangold signs with the Pats is when we should get angry!

How is he a bad team guy?

is this a real question? the guy clearly quit on the team when fitz got demoted and only cares about his showtime show. starting up arguments on who's fault it is they were losing with sheldon - the guys always been a bad team guy.

Sure he dropped a couple passes, but he never quit. Hard to put up big numbers when you're battling injuries, double teams, and your own QB.
He didn't start it.

He mentioned how he was ashamed of himself then Richardson looks down on him and says he should be as if he performed well. What has Richardson ever done to be in position to tell someone they should feel ashamed? Any man after a tough loss in the locker room would have responded in the moment. They had their words and ended it there. It was a argument . That's it. I'm sure there were a lot more from different players, just not mentioned.

It's over with, he's moved on. But I don't understand the bad image some fans have of him. It's what ever though.

He had some killer drops.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team outlook certainly looks like the Jets will be picking in the top 3. All of the bottom dwellers have certainly been active with all of the cap space available for these teams. While this might not correlate to wins for them it'll be very interesting/different for the first time in years that we are watching a Jets team that clearly will not be in the playoff hunt/ have any aspirations. At least from what I can tell right now.

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team outlook certainly looks like the Jets will be picking in the top 3. All of the bottom dwellers have certainly been active with all of the cap space available for these teams. While this might not correlate to wins for them it'll be very interesting/different for the first time in years that we are watching a Jets team that clearly will not be in the playoff hunt/ have any aspirations. At least from what I can tell right now.

GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:

If we can get a top QB next year then it's gravy
Abe56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Abe56 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Abe56 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
And our best offensive player is now a Giant. Great!!

Enunwa got traded?

Enunwas 4 career TDs? Ya he's our best player? No way.

Certainly was better than Marshall last season

I love Q but let's be real..B Marsh is the better player and it's not even close.

Im very real, Marshall sucked last year

Our best offensive player last year was either Enunwa or Powell
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
jonyankee1nyj wrote:

If we can get a top QB next year then it's gravy

It's a big IF. It's never a safe game to project QB's for the year afters class. I know everyone likes Darnold etc.. but a lot of things can happen between then.

But yes we are definitely looking like we'd be in prime position to draft one if that's the route we want to go.

jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking more likely we will get a chance to select one of the top DBs in the draft if we end up staying put at 6.

CLE - Garrett
SF - unknown
CHI - unknown
JAX - signed a S (Barry Church) and CB (AJ Bouye)
TEN - signed a S (Jon Cyprien) and CB (Logan Ryan)

Garrett is going #1. My feeling is Solomon Thomas will find his way into the top 5. Fournette looks destined for Jacksonville. Tennessee may be the sweet spot for a QB trade.

Also, last time a DB went in the top 4: Charles Woodson in 1998. Maybe the trend is due to break (maybe one goes to SF/CHI at 2-3), but I still feel one of the top 3 will be there at 6.

I'm all in favor of Adams. He is an Eric Berry-like player that you can build around for the next 10 years. I like Hooker and Lattimore, but a little more concerned with them due to limited playing time and injury history. Ideally we trade down, but that option may not be on the table.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Looking more likely we will get a chance to select one of the top DBs in the draft if we end up staying put at 6.

CLE - Garrett
SF - unknown
CHI - unknown

Garrett is going #1. My feeling is Solomon Thomas will find his way into the top 5. Fournette looks destined for Jacksonville. Tennessee may be the sweet spot for a QB trade.

Also, last time a DB went in the top 4: Charles Woodson in 1998. Maybe the trend is due to break (maybe one goes to SF/CHI at 2-3), but I still feel one of the top 3 will be there at 6.

I'm all in favor of Adams. He is an Eric Berry-like player that you can build around for the next 10 years. I like Hooker and Lattimore, but a little more concerned with them due to limited playing time and injury history. Ideally we trade down, but that option may not be on the table.

I want Fournette so bad but I agree Jacksonville will take him. That should leave us either Hooker or Adams, I'd stay put and select on of those two because I don't think we'll be able to trade back.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

CLE - Garrett
SF - unknown
CHI - unknown

I want Fournette so bad but I agree Jacksonville will take him. That should leave us either Hooker or Adams, I'd stay put and select on of those two because I don't think we'll be able to trade back.

I think you are right, we don't have many options. Remember the year we had three first round picks. The browns have a total of 8 picks for the first & second round of the 2017 & 2018, that is how you build thru the draft.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm just more optimistic than most, but I really do feel that this team can make a solid improvement. I think we have some underrated talent. I know everyone wants us to sign sure things, but I feel good about the WRs, I'm optimistic that ASJ will be better in this scheme (plus the TE class is the deepest I can remember), I feel confident the running game will improve (also one of the deepest RB classes), I have high hopes for Brandon Shell - who I think can emerge as a Carpenter/Winters-tier player. We need a spark plug, but there's some talent in place. Our biggest issues on offense happen to be the most important positions: QB and LT. Bringing in a vet QB and continue to draft/develop QBs is the right way to go. At LT, Ijalana will be a stop gap and either we can draft someone with eyes towards developing that player or wait until next year. Again, Rome wasn't built in one day.

On defense, I think a lot of our issues will be addition by subtraction. We had a lot of veterans that had to be in the lineup, but we couldn't use them the way they should've been used. Richardson was used as an EDGE, Revis was used as a #1 conrer but couldn't press at the LOS... those two things alone set us back a bit. We still need to see if Richardson gets traded, but the defensive line should improve under Munn and Wilkerson has nowhere to go but up. I expect vast improvement from Jordan Jenkins (who ended the year as one of the best EDGEs in the league) and I feel good about Mauldin in a situational role, but we definitely need to find more pass rush juice (luckily, the draft is incredibly deep there too). I like Lee a lot and expect a huge jump this year and the following - like Shadier. I'm bullish on Juston Burris, but we certainly need to add a few corners and potentially replace Skrine (again, what do you know, it may be the deepest corner draft ever). Safety is important, but a luxury in Bowles' defense. If we can get one good one I. The draft (very likely) it'll change the whole unit. I also foresee Marcus Williams moving into a hybrid CB/S role like he had in 2016, which was best for him.

Is it possible we go 2-14 and have a top pick next year? Of course, but I don't think we're that bad. It all comes down to drafting, developing, and coaching well. If we do, I can see us improving to a 7-8 win team. If we don't, we will fall into the pit the Jets have found themselves countless times.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft is being perfectly set up for us to take a QB, and of course this is a down year for QBs. I am beginning to warm up to taking Watson at 6 though, he is the only QB I feel is worth taking in the top ten.

Watson, Adams, Hooker, or trade down. That is what I am hoping for as of right now, and not necessarily in that order.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The draft is being perfectly set up for us to take a QB, and of course this is a down year for QBs. I am beginning to warm up to taking Watson at 6 though, he is the only QB I feel is worth taking in the top ten.

Watson, Adams, Hooker, or trade down. That is what I am hoping for as of right now, and not necessarily in that order.

Judging by our moves last season and this offseason so far I'd argue we are against aiming for a QB at 6. If anything I think we see what we have in our 2 young QBs and build around them in hope to see them do well while also building a foundation for a top QB next year. I do think we'll take a QB at some point but I doubt it will be before round 4.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Judging by our moves last season and this offseason so far I'd argue we are against aiming for a QB at 6. If anything I think we see what we have in our 2 young QBs and build around them in hope to see them do well while also building a foundation for a top QB next year. I do think we'll take a QB at some point but I doubt it will be before round 4.

Whatever moves we make, it doesn't matter: if you have the chance to pick a franchise QB you take it. If Watson is there I could see us taking him even though we have a lot of holes. If we don't take him, then that means our FO doesn't believe in him as a franchise guy. Just because we have Petty and Hack, I don't think that would preclude us from taking a QB at 6. Certainly if we take Watson, I think Petty is a goner. I would be ok with that, because Petty didn't show me enough last year to think he could be a viable starter. I could see us rolling with a vet (Cutler, Kap, Siemian), Watson, and Hack.

I understand the argument against drafting a QB this year. I was even in that camp. But I think Watson could be special. And the way things seem to be shaking out, he could very well be there at 6. We will see if Mac feels the same way come April.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Whatever moves we make, it doesn't matter: if you have the chance to pick a franchise QB you take it. If Watson is there I could see us taking him even though we have a lot of holes. If we don't take him, then that means our FO doesn't believe in him as a franchise guy. Just because we have Petty and Hack, I don't think that would preclude us from taking a QB at 6. Certainly if we take Watson, I think Petty is a goner. I would be ok with that, because Petty didn't show me enough last year to think he could be a viable starter. I could see us rolling with a vet (Cutler, Kap, Siemian), Watson, and Hack.

I understand the argument against drafting a QB this year. I was even in that camp. But I think Watson could be special. And the way things seem to be shaking out, he could very well be there at 6. We will see if Mac feels the same way come April.

Negative. Not when you have 2 young QBs already, have the 6th pick that you really need to hit on and not a single QB this year truly has a first round grade. Thats bad drafting and will continue to set this team back. A QB at 6 this year would honestly be a nightmare and would show that we have not found a gm.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Kyu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Negative. Not when you have 2 young QBs already, have the 6th pick that you really need to hit on and not a single QB this year truly has a first round grade. Thats bad drafting and will continue to set this team back. A QB at 6 this year would honestly be a nightmare and would show that we have not found a gm.

I disagree with your premise. If there's a QB that you feel can be the man, then you take him. I think that you're against taking a QB this year because you don't feel there is a franchise QB to take, which is fair. But if Luck were sitting there at 6, wouldn't you take him?

I agree with you though, I don't feel there is a QB for us to take. If we were to select one though, it'd be Watson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 34 of 80

Jump to: