Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Offseason Overlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I'd call Minnesota and see what they'd ask for Bridgewater. I'd give up a 2nd for him.

0 chance they do that unless the injury is career ending, in which case we won't do that. Teddy's overrated as hell but still worthy of a mid 1st.

While I don't think Teddy will be traded I do think Minnesota will listen to offers. Anyway you slice it they can't play both him and Bradford. So if you can cash in a good pick for him, they might pull the trigger. I'm just saying I'd much rather give up picks for a guy like Teddy then I would like McCarron or paying Glennon.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking about it, John Simon could be a good, low risk move for us. he's had 8.5 sacks as a backup in Houston over the past two years and has been buried on that depth chart. Put up 51 tackles this past year and barely played about half of the defensive snaps. If we could get 75-100 tackles and maybe 7-8 sacks out of him, that'd be solid.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know where to put this, put Carpenter graded out as the 10th best guard in pass pro and the 21st best against the run per PFF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Don't know where to put this, put Carpenter graded out as the 10th best guard in pass pro and the 21st best against the run per PFF

Does that suggest he should be looked at as our next left tackle? Or does it suggest our new LT could be helped out by having Carpenter next to him, and that we should probably run right most of the time next season?
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jag68Sid87 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Does that suggest he should be looked at as our next left tackle? Or does it suggest our new LT could be helped out by having Carpenter next to him, and that we should probably run right most of the time next season?
I think we still need to get a good LT. Don't fix something that ain't broken.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

He played LT at Bama and even some in Seattle, I think LG is his spot though. The thing is he will be even better when he gets a good LT next to him. Hopefully that's very high on our priority list.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LT:
LG: Carpenter
C: Mangold
RG: Winters
RT: Shell

I think the OL could be dominant with a stud LT; I'm not ready to move on from Nick Mangold either

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Quote:
LT:

I think the OL could be dominant with a stud LT; I'm not ready to move on from Nick Mangold either

Me either. Just try to get him to restructure his deal to free up space.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . GEORGIA STATE .
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Quote:
LT:

He's not even close to elite anymore. I'm not saying that Johnson is better than him, I'm just saying that I highly doubt Mangold will take the pay cut we demand he take for a team in essence "rebuilding"
He will be handled like Ferguson last year I bel9ieve and will retire. We should do the exact same with Harris. It's hard letting lifetime Jets go, but when they're just not good anymore it's time to let go. Especially when rebuilding. LT should be the #1 priority for us this offseason.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Quote:
LT:

It's debatable. He's still very solid, but there's a very high probability of him not playing the whole season next year. Given that we're moving towards a rebuild, it might make sense to just move on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Quote:
LT:

I agree 100% with you, we must get a LT somewhere, draft or FA. A first class LT would be a a tremendous help to the players you listed for the O line.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had Carpenter 10th in pass coverage and 29th in run blocking making him as average as possible. Hes really not that good. Also Winters graded out below average in both categories. Hes not worth giving big money. Shell is worth keeping. Winters can go, Wes Johnson can go, both experiments at LT and RT can go. They need a whole new OL. Its that bad.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
They had Carpenter 10th in pass coverage and 29th in run blocking making him as average as possible. Hes really not that good. Also Winters graded out below average in both categories. Hes not worth giving big money. Shell is worth keeping. Winters can go, Wes Johnson can go, both experiments at LT and RT can go. They need a whole new OL. Its that bad.

According to the grades on their player grade page (their cheapest option) it show Winters was above average in pass protection and average in run blocking. Carpenter was high quality in pass pro and average in run block. All our tackles were poor to below average for everything except Shell who was above average in pass pro but poor in run block. Johnson barely made average in pass pro but was also poor in run block. Mangold was above average in pass and below average in run.

If these ratings are to be believed we have four guys that can pass protect but none that stand out in run blocking. That would have to change if we decide to become a ground and pound. I would offer Winters 5m per or let him walk. I'd probably see if Mangold would take a pay cut, if not we should look for a center in the draft that could take over for Johnson.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

According to the grades on their player grade page (their cheapest option) it show Winters was above average in pass protection and average in run blocking. Carpenter was high quality in pass pro and average in run block. All our tackles were poor to below average for everything except Shell who was above average in pass pro but poor in run block. Johnson barely made average in pass pro but was also poor in run block. Mangold was above average in pass and below average in run.

If these ratings are to be believed we have four guys that can pass protect but none that stand out in run blocking. That would have to change if we decide to become a ground and pound. I would offer Winters 5m per or let him walk. I'd probably see if Mangold would take a pay cut, if not we should look for a center in the draft that could take over for Johnson.

Winters does not impress me like others on here. Its certainly a spot we can upgrade though its tough because we have literally one above average to average piece on that line. Mangold is broken down its hard to count on him. I also love how you wrote (their cheapest option) haha, that site is INSANELY expensive for the date they offer. Would love to know the science behind it. Its very very interesting for sure.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it that the rams wont re-sign Trumaine. Given his DB coach is now here, I'd assume he'd be an off-season target.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: