You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Offseason Overlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 86, 87, 88  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
WE are loaded with young players. Not sure we can say young talent. Bc only about 1/2 of them have legit good NFL takent. I don't think this is team that will be awful bc of young hungry players. I see atleast 4 wins. But the only way we get even close to a .500 season is qb play, Powell looking great and 2-3 WRs looking good. And I honestly can see none of that happening. I think we need up the qb situation. Play McCown too long, then go to Petty and then go to Hack. Really giving us no answer to Hack bc of limited time and the season being gone by the time he comes in. I can't see Powell keeping the pace he did the last few games last year. And at wr I still think Enunwa is nothing more than a solid #2. And Anderson might be the most overrated player ever in this Jets forum.

At this point of time, I am in the minority, I am not sold on Mac any more. His move to bring in Marshall & Decker was a great move, but it ends there. It is great to have a young team but if the players suck what is the point. His drafting has been horrible, when Williams & Adams fell into our lap any GM would taken them so he gets no credit for that. Mac has had three full off seasons to rebuild the Jets, and most people on this board will be happy with three or four wins, not me. The only thing that could save Mac, is Hack becoming a legit NFL QB. Just the thought of McCown, playing six or seven games is enough to drive me over the edge. I would much rather loss with the young QB's than loss with the 39 year old bum.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
WE are loaded with young players. Not sure we can say young talent. Bc only about 1/2 of them have legit good NFL takent. I don't think this is team that will be awful bc of young hungry players. I see atleast 4 wins. But the only way we get even close to a .500 season is qb play, Powell looking great and 2-3 WRs looking good. And I honestly can see none of that happening. I think we need up the qb situation. Play McCown too long, then go to Petty and then go to Hack. Really giving us no answer to Hack bc of limited time and the season being gone by the time he comes in. I can't see Powell keeping the pace he did the last few games last year. And at wr I still think Enunwa is nothing more than a solid #2. And Anderson might be the most overrated player ever in this Jets forum.

At this point of time, I am in the minority, I am not sold on Mac any more. His move to bring in Marshall & Decker was a great move, but it ends there. It is great to have a young team but if the players suck what is the point. His drafting has been horrible, when Williams & Adams fell into our lap any GM would taken them so he gets no credit for that. Mac has had three full off seasons to rebuild the Jets, and most people on this board will be happy with three or four wins, not me. The only thing that could save Mac, is Hack becoming a legit NFL QB. Just the thought of McCown, playing six or seven games is enough to drive me over the edge. I would much rather loss with the young QB's than loss with the 39 year old bum.

There were 5 GMs that could have selected them prior to us, he made the selection let's not use selecting the best player in draft that fell to us as a negative. This will be the season we get to see who from year one was able to stick and who from year two takes a big step forward.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting over every three years is not the way to build a winner. If we suck this year which we will to an extent, we have to give them a 4th year. Year 1 was when they needed to strip the roster like they did this offseason. Now they did and its time to assemble to pieces back together slowly. When a geneous of a football mind such as Chad Pennington comes out and says the Jets cant just give up on Bowles, you take his word. I think Bowles did an awful job last year but I still think there is something there that can help this team. Hes got to start showing it. Its going to be a while but we have to stay the course or we'll never be successful.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Starting over every three years is not the way to build a winner. If we suck this year which we will to an extent, we have to give them a 4th year. Year 1 was when they needed to strip the roster like they did this offseason. Now they did and its time to assemble to pieces back together slowly. When a geneous of a football mind such as Chad Pennington comes out and says the Jets cant just give up on Bowles, you take his word. I think Bowles did an awful job last year but I still think there is something there that can help this team. Hes got to start showing it. Its going to be a while but we have to stay the course or we'll never be successful.

If the defense looks anything close to how it did last year and there is even rumors of locker room problems or anything like that, you don't stay the course, you fire Bowles. We can keep Mac but you don't keep an obvious dud around just for the sake of continuity. He has ALOT of work to do I get that, but some guys are leaders of men and some are not. Bowles strikes me as a guy that's not.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

If the defense looks anything close to how it did last year and there is even rumors of locker room problems or anything like that, you don't stay the course, you fire Bowles. We can keep Mac but you don't keep an obvious dud around just for the sake of continuity. He has ALOT of work to do I get that, but some guys are leaders of men and some are not. Bowles strikes me as a guy that's not.

Yeah i definitely got that vibe last year too. There has to be vast improvement on his end regardless of record. I will say one thing if we have to fire bowles mac is going too, and if we need yet another regime change its hard to trust the @$$0000 whose in charge of hiring these clowns. Woody needs to really appoint a team president and not have a single say in how to run that organization. Obviously that wont happen and the odds are that were just going to be a bottom team until the end of time.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I think if the bottom falls out on this season and the locker room is shaky then Bowles should be fired. If it's anything better than that then I think it's worth giving him one more year for the sake of stability. This year is all about growth, both the players and Bowles as a coach. I really don't believe we'll finish with the number 1 pick, I think a lot of guys are going to be hungry this year and that will net us at least as many wins as last year. My prediction is 6-10, don't ask me which teams we'll beat cause I have no idea. Every year teams are hot or cold so a Loss now could be a Win halfway through the season. It is hard to pick more than maybe 3 wins for us though looking at our schedule.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH if Bowles cant make this secondary pretty good he needs to go. That is sup[posed to be his specialty. He now has 2 very talented safeties to work with. He also has Claiborne who has all the talent, he just needs to stay healthy and Burris has the makings to at least be a solid starter. Greene is one of the best LB coaches in the NFL and I think he should get the most of out our guys. Just based on talent, that's still might not be enough, but it wont be bc of him. Our new OC has to simplify the game for Hack for us to look good on offense. We lack talent everywhere, so we need to make the best of a poor talented group. I give our OC a bigger pass than anyone this season bc of the lack of offensive talent.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I think if the bottom falls out on this season and the locker room is shaky then Bowles should be fired. If it's anything better than that then I think it's worth giving him one more year for the sake of stability. This year is all about growth, both the players and Bowles as a coach. I really don't believe we'll finish with the number 1 pick, I think a lot of guys are going to be hungry this year and that will net us at least as many wins as last year. My prediction is 6-10, don't ask me which teams we'll beat cause I have no idea. Every year teams are hot or cold so a Loss now could be a Win halfway through the season. It is hard to pick more than maybe 3 wins for us though looking at our schedule.

I think we get 3 wins. Will that net the first pick? Maybe not but it should get a top 3 pick and then it depends on some variables as to whether or not we can get the QB. I just can't see us having enough firepower on offense this year with the QB situation, questionable O line and Quincy being the only proven WR who will face a new level of competition as the obvious #1 target in the passing game.

If the defense doesn't step up like expected and plays like a bunch of softies who don't care like last year then I definitely believe we are the worst team, at least on paper. That's where my concern is with Bowles mostly. In 2015 there was like 3 consecutive weeks (I know we played Oakland and I think Houston) where the defense was almost non existent, Harris openly said guys were dogging it, and we lost those games thus contributing to our falling short of the playoffs. That was the first major red flag for me, from a coaching/motivational standpoint. Offensively I think we must have the worst roster as it stands now, but Morton should be an upgrade over Chan who seemed conflicted. Ideally if Bowles did get canned and we decided to go with an offensive guy, it would be nice if Morton forced us to at least throw his name in the hat for HC.
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this season will be about redeeming the defense, bringing it back to respectability, and building it with youth. Next season will be about doing the same with the offense.

I don't think we will win many games, but I think we should be able to stay within reach of several games because of an improved defense and a veteran QB who knows what he is doing when healthy.

If we show more desire to win this season, if the young players improve over the course of the season, and if we place ourselves in position to draft our future QB, then it will be a modestly successful campaign.

IMO.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just signed Jamal Adams per Schefty
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:

So glad to see this. I love the idea of him and Leo leading the way on defense. I still think this will be a big year for Jordan Jenkins.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

So glad to see this. I love the idea of him and Leo leading the way on defense. I still think this will be a big year for Jordan Jenkins.

I think some of our breakout players will be...

Enunwa, Shell, ASJ and Stewart on offense. I also think Hack will show us something when he gets a legit chance to start.

On defense Burris, Adams and Lozo I expect to breakout.

I think Johnson struggles at C, Anderson struggles at WR and Powell isn't as effective with added touches. I think Lee continues to struggle, Maye looks a little lost at FS and no one emerges as a solid CB behind Morris and Burris.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

I think some of our breakout players will be...

Enunwa, Shell, ASJ and Stewart on offense. I also think Hack will show us something when he gets a legit chance to start.

On defense Burris, Adams and Lozo I expect to breakout.

I think Johnson struggles at C, Anderson struggles at WR and Powell isn't as effective with added touches. I think Lee continues to struggle, Maye looks a little lost at FS and no one emerges as a solid CB behind Morris and Burris.

Yeah, I can't say that's impossible . That's the crazy thing about this team, there is "potential' every where. We don't know how this team will really perform. I love Shell and ASJ.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Orlando Franklin good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Is Orlando Franklin good
he was good with denver, can play OT, not so good with San Diego

Props El Ramster on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 87 of 88

Jump to: