Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Offseason Overlook
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Jets Offseason Overlook Reply with quote

QB's On Roster:
Petty
Hackenberg

I'm not sure if it gets any uglier in football. Fitzpatrick will be gone, Geno has no business coming back. I personally don't believe Petty is the answer to anything and Hackenberg is under fire despite never playing a snap. So we look at potential answers this offseason.

Realistic Free Agent Targets:
- Blaine Gabbert- No one should be thrilled by the mention of his name, but he might be a decent stopgap/competition for a year.
- Mike Glennon- Probably the most appealing target in free agency, we all know the story of Glennon by now. He simply lost his job to the first overall pick in Winston. He has a big arm and is looking for a chance to start, we can certainly offer him a starting job.
- Matt Barkley- One thing Barkley showed this year is that he's willing to go out there and compete. If the Jets are looking for low cost players that can push for a job he might be the answer.

Potential Cuts/Trades:
- Sam Bradford- If Bridgewater is indeed on track to return for next year, the Vikings will be looking to move Bradford. There's not a chance they will get back what they traded for him, but he might be an option.
- Colin Kaepernick- He would win the starting job here, but would Woody even entertain the idea? We all know he loves the publicity, but is bad publicity good publicity in his mind?
- Nick Foles- The Chiefs are up against the wall in terms of salary and will be cutting cost at every corner. While Foles is not an exciting name, he could be a decent stop gap.
- Tony Romo- I mean he is an option... just not a good one.
- Jay Cutler- See above.
- Jimmy Garoppolo- Will probably be the hottest name on the market, but a first and a fourth is simply not a cost we should even entertain.
- AJ McCarron- When Dalton went down last year, McCarron filled in admirably. However he will be looking for an extension and Hue Jackson is reportedly very high on him.
- Tyrod Taylor - A divorce is looking very likely in Buffalo. All he's done the past two years is amass 3500 yards in each year while doing a good job protecting the football.

Draft:
I mean at this point can you realistically get excited about the thought of the Jets drafting a QB? Well if you can stomach that, you know the targets the Jets could potentially look at. Kizer, Kaaya, Trubisky, Watson, Webb etc; After investing a second round pick in Hackenberg last year, the Jets will probably lay off a QB unless they become enamored with Trubisky. Do you believe in early reports?

Top Three Targets: Tyrod Taylor, Mike Glennon and Nick Foles. The Jets will either take a shot on a player like Taylor or Glennon who can be the answer for a few years or settle on someone who has starting experience and be a placeholder for a year or two IMO.

RB's on Roster:
Matt Forte
Bilal Powell

The Jets have holes all over the roster, yet the running back position was one of the most consistent units last year when they were actually involved. I see Powell emerging next year as the featured back and hopefully we do the right thing by Forte by trading him to a team that will actually use him. We don't save any money if we cut Forte, so getting a late pick back for him could be mutually beneficial.

- Le'Veon Bell is the only RB worth going after... but then you realize this isn't Madden and you snap back to reality. I fully expect the Jets to draft a RB in the draft, I will not pretend to tell you about mid round running backs at this point.

WR's on Roster:
Brandon Marshall
Eric Decker
Quincy Enunwa
Devin Smith
Robby Anderson
Charone Peake
Jalin Marshall

On paper this is actually one of the strongest units, but yeah without a QB... The Jets will face tough choices on what to do with Marshall and to some extent Decker. Cutting both of them could save them 12 million dollars, 7 for Marshall and 5 for Decker. However with Marshall being under contract for one more year, he could be a solid trading chip. Eric Decker is coming off season ending surgery, but he will only be 30 years old next year. He still has a some great football left in him. Enunwa really emerged this year, Anderson really showed something and even Peake and Marshall showed some positive things. Will Devin Smith ever show something? I really don't see the Jets even entertaining the possibility of drafting a WR high this year at all.

Free Agent Targets:
- Cordarrelle Patterson- At the days when the Jets had an elite returner. As a WR Patterson isn't going to offer much but maybe a bubble screen or a go route, but you can't deny his return capabilities. After the year he had he probably priced himself out of our range.

- Robert Woods/Justin Hunter- On the condition that we sign Taylor, you can't deny what he had with these two WR's. I could see the Jets entertaining the idea of Woods because he is the better WR and probably wouldn't be that expensive.

TE's On Roster:
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Claimed last year, didn't really show much in ways of production. It really doesn't make much sense in cutting him because it really doesn't save all that much and he has shown he can be productive in this league. What's working against him is how deep this upcoming Tight End class will be in this draft. Depending on who our offensive coordinator will be, it will make the difference of him making the team or not.

Free Agent Target:
- Jack Doyle- Talk about a big time red zone weapon. Doyle enjoyed himself quite the year, posting almost 60 catches, 600 yards and 5 TD's.

Potential Draft Targets:
OJ Howard
David Njoku
Gerald Everett
Evan Engram
Jordan Leggett
Bucky Hodges
Jake Butt* Draft and Stash

If your looking at spending a pick within the first three rounds, there are a plethora of names to pick from. Butt will fall in the draft due to his injury, but for a team that won't compete right away he makes for an intriguing draft and stash.

Bottom line is this, can we please get an OC who knows that a tight end can be used for more than just blocking.

Offensive Tackles On Roster:
Ryan Clady*
Donald Hawkins
Breno Giacomini*
Brent Qvale
Brandon Shell

I put an asterisk on both Clady and Giacomini because there's not a chance that either will be with this team next year. Cutting them both saves far to much money and neither will offer much for this team next year. After cutting them both we're looking at Hawkins, Qvale and Shell being on the roster. Ben Ijalana will probably be resigned, but he can't be considered anything more than depth.

Free Agent Targets:
- Matt Kalil: He shouldn't even be an option, but this is how weak this free agent class is. If were looking for a LT who will kill our QB he's our man.
- Riley Reiff: Will probably be the best linemen, but I doubt he even hits the market.

Potential Cuts/Trades:
Sebastian Vollmer: He'd be nothing but a stop gap next year, but the Jets need to explore all options.
Russell Okung: Between him and Reiff, they will end up being the top paid. Okung for his salary doesn't make sense to me.
King Dunlap: Yet another one of those stop gap types.
Jah Reid: Might be one of the more realistic targets for us, could be cut or a solid trade option for us.

Potential Draft Targets:
Cam Robinson
Ryan Ramcyzk
Forrest Lamp
Dion Dawkins
Antonio Garcia
Garret Boles

The problem for us is that none of the top three names are premier prospects, meaning they will be going in the mid to late first. Our hope has to be that one of them falls, or we trade down and accumulate some picks.

This is the worst cast scenario for the Jets. It's a weak free agent class, it's a less than stellar draft class. The Jets will be extremely horrendous on the ends next year.

Guards/Centers on Roster:
Nick Mangold*
James Carpenter
Dakota Dozier
Craig Watts

Man oh man, it hurts to put an asterisk next to Mangold's name. You would like to thing after what happened Ferguson last year, the Jets would handle Mangold with class. His body is breaking down, but he was one of the best players the Jets had over the past decade. If Mangold does indeed stick around the Jets will need to get creative via a restructure or a retirement special contract. The Jets will probably look to resign both Brian Winters and Wesley Johnson as they both proved they can play in this league. Carpenter while would save us money if we cut him, it just doesn't make sense to do so.

Free Agent Targets:
- Luke Joeckel: He see's himself as a LT, but can he still play that position? He's certainly a popular name around here to be the LT. Perfect candidate for the Jets to take a chance on.
- Ron Leary: We probably won't splurge on a guard, but Leary is a pretty damn good one.

Aside from Joeckel I can't envision the Jets even entertaining the idea of spending money on guards if we resign Winters. Joeckel might get a prove it deal to be a LT for us, an idea considering the market wouldn't be the worst idea. As far as centers goes, Johnson has done a great job filling in for Mangold and will probably be our center for the future.

Defensive Linemen on Roster:
Mo Wilkerson
Sheldon Richardson
Leonard Williams
Steve McLendon
Deon Simon
Lawerence Thomas
Anthony Johnson

On paper you ask yourself how is this group not dominant, but then you realize you just watched this season and that Bengal game felt like it was decades ago. The biggest question looming over the Jets is what will happen with Richardson. Cutting him saves us a ton of money, but he's to talented to cut. Trading him makes a bunch of sense if your trying to establish an identity in the locker room but what's his value? Wilkerson got his money and suddenly disappeared... he's a bigger problem than Richardson? Could we even trade his contract? McLendon what was the point of signing him? I expect him to be cut to open up more snaps for Simon and Williams.

Free Agent Targets:
- Calais Campbell: I can't see this being realistic, but maybe Bowles wants a leader and a presence in the locker room? He'd cost to much money, but boy would he look good leading us.
- Dion Jordan: What's a guy with three career sacks doing here? He was a high draft pick and still is pretty young. Guys like that always get a million chances.

Potential Cut/Trades:
Connor Barwin: It's been awhile since that 14 sack season, but could he provide us with a pass rush from the outside?
Brooks Reed: A popular target a few years ago from many of us, he hasn't lived up to his contract and could be a low cost option.

Potential Draft Targets:
Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
Derek Barnett
Vita Vea
Taco Charlton
Caleb Brantley

Typical Jets luck. The year the Jets are in position to grab an elite QB, LT there's none to be found but the draft is flushed with talent at the DL position. I have no idea what defense we will run next year, I have no idea if Maccagnan will draft the BPA which might just be a DL this year. A lot will depend with how the Richardson situation plays out.

Linebackers on Roster:
David Harris*
Erin Henderson*
Darron Lee
Lorenzo Mauldin
Julian Stanford
Jordan Jenkins
Randell Johnson
Freddie Bishop

Much like Mangold, Harris simply isn't worth his contract anymore. They will need to do something with him either signing him to an extension to lower his number or restructure him. I can't imagining losing both Mangold and Harris in the same offseason, but it's possible. Lee had some up and downs in his rookie year, Mauldin and Jenkins offer us some solid pass rush but neither are elite. Henderson probably won't play again for us anymore. I doubt we bring back Carter and Lemonier.

Free Agent Targets:
- Nick Perry: 11 Sacks in a contract year, id stay away.
- Barkevious Mingo: Massive draft bust, but the Jets need to turn over every rock.
- Malcolm Smith: A tackling machine who excels in coverage.
- Melvin Ingram: Quietly had 18.5 sacks over the past two years.
- Chandler Jones: Sack monster, will demand record money probably.
- Donta Hightower: Just a damn good linebacker, probably looking for elite money.
- Manti Te'o: Injury plagued but a very solid player. Could be a cheap option.
- Kevin Minter: Good in coverage and a very sound tackler. Minter could bring stability.
- Jamie Collins: How much are you willing to pay for an elite linebacker?
- Lorenzo Alexander: He will be 33, but is coming off a VERY SURPRISING 12.5 sack season.
- Alex Okafor: Has shown the ability to get to the QB in the past. Old Bowles guy.

Potential Cuts/Trades:
Lamarr Houston: Injuries have been a curse for him, but he could potentially be looking for a one year prove it deal.

Potential Draft Targets:
Tim Williams
Reuben Foster
Zach Cunningham
Takkarist McKinley
Marquis Haynes
Raekwon McMillian

There are a ton of options if the Jets choose to invest some money in this position. You can have an old or current Patriot LB, An Alabama LB or an ex Bowles guy. In all seriousness if the Jets are serious about upgrading their pass rush and coverage there are a plethora of options. Will they move Pyror to the linebacking position?

Secondary on Roster:
Darrelle Revis*
Buster Skrine*
Marcus Gilchrist*
Calvin Pryor
Juston Burris
Darryl Roberts
Nick Marshall
Ronald Martin
Rontez Miles
Dexter McDougle

It's almost a given that Revis will be released, I see no point in moving him to safety. Revis you were one of the greatest I've ever seen play, but father time is undefeated. Buster Skrine has been disappointing and often penalized and Gilchrist while solid could be a cost cutting move. Id like to bring back Marcus Williams just because he is a ball hawk but Id understand if they rather give snaps to Burris and Roberts.

Free Agent Targets:
- Dre Kirkpatrick - About as solid as they come, would instantly improve our secondary.
- Eric Berry: The Chiefs are so strapped for cash right now, they could possibly lose the best safety in the game. He will command the richest safety contract, but there's not a chance he'd consider us. But the thought of him... drool.
- Morris Caliborne - Not the stud he was supposed to be, but he really performed well over the past few years.
- Marcus Cooper - Local kid and has a good nose for the ball.

Potential Draft Targets:
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams
Marlon Humphrey
Quincy Wilson
Teez Tabor
Sidney Jones
Gareon Conley
Jourdan Lewis
Cordrea Tankersley
Desmond King
Corn Elder
Chidobe Awuzie
Marcus Williams

This draft is littered with option for the Jets in the secondary. Two premier safety prospects in Hooker and Adams could potentially be there. A ton of corners if the Jets want to spend elsewhere in free agency, there are a ton of prospects who bring different skill sets. It's pretty damn amazing how different our secondary will potentially look next year.

A potential look at cap savings:
If the Jets cut the following:
Darrelle Revis
Ryan Clady
Nick Mangold
Buster Skrine
Brandon Marshall
Marcus Gilchrist
David Harris
Breno Giacomini
Steve McLendon
Nick Folk
Erin Henderson

That will give us 58 million dollars in cap space. If we really trim the fat we can get that number up to 64 million dollars by getting new practice squad players. The Jets could potentially have a ton of money to spend, but they need to do it wisely this time around. Ideally it would be nice if we could get some late round picks in return for the likes of Marshall and Forte. A change is coming to this team, but wow when you really put it in perspective, there's not doubt that we're gonna be pretty bad next year.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit the nose on the head and thanks for the write up. I agree with almost everything you say. It more than likely will be a year much like this year next year with just more optimism bc of younger talent. Macc needs to invest this cap space on guys between 24-28 not 30yr olds. He's a guy that likes filling holes in FA and going BPA in the draft. With these cuts we will have some big holes mainly in the secondary so I'd like that to be right at the top of our list after LT. For me there's no QB worthy wasting cap space on this offseason. I'd honestly rather see us trade for Garrapolo or McCarron before signing a guy like Glennon. But to be honest I'd much rather atleast try and see what Hack has this year before doing anything drastic at the position. Get that LT and a great RB and make that the teams strength. Get a new secondary with the rest of the cap space. And edge guy is right after that for me.
NewAge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice writeup here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great breakdown. I think the Tyrod situation is something to monitor. He may wind up back in Buffalo because he is getting the groin surgery. The $30M was guaranteed against injury so I'm not sure how that plays out there. I could see Buffalo making a run at Romo so I'd love to snatch Tyrod up right from under them.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I want to gamble on Glennon out of blind hope, he's Osweiller. Some sucker will pay him way more than he's worth and he'll be the 3rd round player he always was.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice piece. Its going to be very interesting with the direction we go. I think we should go after Tyrod and it should be a littler easier obtaining free agent pieces.

As much as I love Marshall and Decker were better off without both of them going forward. I love Decker but hes going to be 30, coming off a season ending injury and he wont touch 1000 yards on this team without another big wideout. Well see what happens though. Woods would be solid here. Would also be nice if we could literally get ANYTHING out of Devin Smith, but I highly doubt it hes just not good.

IDC what we do as long as we collect draft picks and sign FAs who are 27 and under...minus the QB position which I can live with someone 28-29. This entire team needs to get younger.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
keegslotus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as your realistic free agent qb targets are concerned I've been finding myself thinking about Ryan Nassib a lot over the past couple of weeks. I'm personally gonna have him in my mock when I get around to it. The argument could be made that he's better than 7 of the 10 qbs you have listed
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keegslotus wrote:
As far as your realistic free agent qb targets are concerned I've been finding myself thinking about Ryan Nassib a lot over the past couple of weeks. I'm personally gonna have him in my mock when I get around to it. The argument could be made that he's better than 7 of the 10 qbs you have listed

Hes very interesting but hes a real big gamble. Like real big. I personally want to go the the Tyrod Taylor route.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keegslotus wrote:

A lot of due diligence would have to be done to bring him here, and I mean A LOT!!! I think 2 big things would have/had to happen... Macc would have to have really liked him as a scout a few years ago 1st and foremost. More importantly he'd have to get great reports from inside the NYG coaching staff about him. The odds of both of those happening I find slim,soifobt see this move happening.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up MP. I hope we make all the cuts you mentioned but I got this sickly feeling that we'll try to squeeze another year out of some of these guys.
CorcoranGallery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
As much as I want to gamble on Glennon out of blind hope, he's Osweiller. Some sucker will pay him way more than he's worth and he'll be the 3rd round player he always was.

Glennon is not Osweiler. It's really not even close. You do realize that Glennon played during his rookie year on a team that was garbage .. came in and played 13 games almost hit 60% completion percentage and threw a 19-9 line. Let's not forget that season with the buccaneers.. they go 4-12 there starting receivers are Vincent Jackson and Chris oswusu oh and Tiquan underwood too.. oh yeah that starting TE Tim Wright. Or should I forget the fact that Doug Martin went on the IR half way through the season. This was Glennons Rookie year, he was the only bright spot on a team that was so bad. He was not given a fair shake at all. A lot of quarterbacks are ruined going into situations like that but instead you have Brock Osweiler who gets to sit 3.... (3!) total years before he even sees the field really. And guess what, Osweiler wasn't that good with a Super Bowl offense and super bowl winning defense. He had a 10-6 line that is marred by thst Steelers game where he did throw 3 tds but he had a 47.7 completion percentage ... he was so bad but he was just chucking the ball. And two of the tds were more sanders and Thomas RAC.

Either way there was no sample size for Osweiler, there is way more of a sample size for Glennon. Do I think he's worth risking 4 years in, no, but I would give glennon a 3 year 45 million dollar deal right now. I'd take him over Romo, Cutler... who are either head cases, injury prone, old.

You know what you get with Glennon, people are afraid to say it because they wonder why Glennon hasn't played more ... well understand this.

In 2013 - his rookie season , they went 4-12, it was Greg Schiano who was consequently fired. Glennon did very well with a terrible team throwing
19 TDs 9 INT, and 2800 yards on just about 60% of his passes.

In 2014 - Lovie Smith is hired from the bears , he takes Josh McCown with him, Josh McCown an experienced vet in Lovie Smiths system. Glennon is behind, he needs to win the job against McCown who is an experienced vet in that system which he needs to learn now himself in year 2. Obviously Mccown gets the job. He gets injured in week 2 and Glennon comes in subsequently in and starts in week 3 and plays 5 more weeks and throws a 10-6 line and wins one game against the steelers but it's worthy of note that the bucs although going 1-5 with Glennon would lose 3 games by one score or less in the 4th quarter. After these 6 weeks Mccown would return from injury and play the final 8 games of the season throwing 9 tds and 10 int... winning ONE game... the bucs would finish the season 2-14 and get the first overall pick.

They would draft Jameis Winston first overall and that pretty much says it all for Glennons chances of playing.

Comparing Glennon to Osweiller is pretty unsettling not just for their development on separate teams and better situations, but because they are two very different quarterbacks with strikingly different strengths and weaknesses. I'd say the only thing similar is their height and that they are pocket passers. Either way Osweiller got 3 years on the bench behind Peyton manning and got to come in and play with a Super Bowl defense and offense. Glennon gets two separate offenses a 4-12 team and a 2-14 team and he still has career numbers of 29-15 during those two years playing a total of 19 games.

Now when Osweiller came out of college and translated into the NFL he was always known as a strong armed quarterback, won't go down easily, can make NFL throws. That's just great, but that's pretty much all he's got. SCOUTS : did not like his tapping of the football before throwing it in the pocket. They also noticed that he had a lot of trouble with on field adjustments in college.. he failed to understand the protections , formations quick enough, and ultimately hindered him from making on field adjustments rather than just relying on his arm to make plays. Although this works sometimes in college, the speed and complexity of the NFL , makes it harder to complete these tasks at an NFL level. When people watch Osweiler, there's a severe confidence issue. When things go right, he can make some throws and continue to show his arm talents. When things don't go right, he holds the ball to long, gets skittish, falls in love with his first read, fails to make on field adjustments to protections, gets sacked or shows his inaccuracy and poor confidence on making that throw. Osweiller was babied. But the problem was, that was his problem all along, when times got tough in Houston, he failed and failed miserably. He showed his true characteristics and even though they win, he has confidence issues and will never be able to understand use an NFL offense up to its full capability.

Now for Glennon, as a rookie he was thrust into the fire. When he came out of college, scouts were most worried about his pocket presence, how he would react to being under pressure, as he tends to back up and let the ball go. Some people had questions about his deep ball accuracy which he proved at the NFL level, it wasn't an issue like everyone thought. But what were his strengths.. for those of you who don't know, his coach in college was the same coach that brought up Matt Ryan at BC. Everyone knows how Matt Ryan has translated into the NFL. But onto his strengths.. he was a leader, and shows that leadership on the field with the ability to understand the whole offense. In the draft scouts loved the fact that he could make tough accurate throws before the wide receiver routes even developed. This prowess shows a quarterbacks ability to understand the defensive look and show poise and confidence in his throw to an unknown area of question. Glennon makes on field adjustments something that Osweiller fails to do. What gets me though between the two, Osweillers biggest weakness is his confidence, Glennon has showed us in the toughest situations on the worst teams that he can still play at a high level , at a higher level than Osweiler! Glennon isn't a broken quarterback as most would be going through 3 different offenses, being countlessly overlooked, and playing on terrible teams.

Glennon is the guy with the most upside over any quarterback out there. People like to complain about people who give Glennon a lot of love, yeah well maybe you don't totally understand the situation he's been through, or maybe you don't understand the difference between blindly investing into Osweiller and not blindly investing in Glennon. They are different in so many ways. Coming from two completely different opportunities.

You can let your blind judgement come through because he's not a flashy quarterback... he isn't Tyrod Taylor and he isn't established like Tony Romo, but he's consistent, he's young, he's confident and poised to get the opportunity to win a starting job. He's the best option whether you like it or not.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all the QBs, Tyrod makes the most sense.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

I just don't see an elite QB with him, and will require elite money if cut.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

No one is going to give him elite money. Elite money is around the 100m area now. He's not a elite QB but he's good enough. There is almost no difference between him and Alex Smith. Smith is a Smart decision maker that gives his team a chance or won't blow the game. We need that. He would give a better chance to compete now , make other potential FA's more comfortable about our QB situation knowing we won't just be throwing random people out there, and give us time to develop or find our franchise QB.

All the other QBs either haven't been on the field at all or only have a year or two left in the tank.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

No one is going to give him elite money. Elite money is around the 100m area now. He's not a elite QB but he's good enough. There is almost no difference between him and Alex Smith. Smith is a Smart decision maker that gives his team a chance or won't blow the game. We need that. He would give a better chance to compete now , make other potential FA's more comfortable about our QB situation knowing we won't just be throwing random people out there, and give us time to develop or find our franchise QB.

All the other QBs either haven't been on the field at all or only have a year or two left in the tank.

I'm talking elite per year money. If Osweiller got 17mill a year, Tyrod will require atleast that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 1 of 66

Jump to: