You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Starting to Look Like Bruce Allen May Be the Cancer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
If anyone is willing to have an intelligent discussion on our draft classes without irrationally comparing guys who have been in the league 3 years with guys who have been in the league only one or two, let me know.
The month he was banned was the best this website has been since I joined.
I'm sure it was because most people just come in here to agree on everything, I bring a different perspective which you don't like because I question a lot of your points.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10605
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy Laughing

Jason Cole‏Verified account @JasonColeBR
John Wooten of Fritz Pollard Alliance said Washington has submitted plan to #NFL to reorganize front office w/out replacing GM position ...

Jason Cole‏Verified account @JasonColeBR
... vacated by firing GM Scot McCloughan. Pollard Alliance is waiting to see what the plan is.


Chris Russell‏ @Russellmania621
Chris Russell Retweeted Michael Lombardi

Exactly correct and always has been.

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL
Bruce Allen has been running the Skins even when McCloughan had the title. Nothing changes--titles can be misleading.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why they wouldn't just add GM to Bruce Allen's title rather than go through this, if he's going to be running things.

Jerry Jones just added the title to his title after he fired Jimmy Johnson. Jones has been the Owner, President & General Manager of the Cowboys since 94 hasn't he?
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I don't know why they wouldn't just add GM to Bruce Allen's title rather than go through this, if he's going to be running things.

Jerry Jones just added the title to his title after he fired Jimmy Johnson. Jones has been the Owner, President & General Manager of the Cowboys since 94 hasn't he?

Because it's transparent accountability ( a good practice)
Put a staff member between you and problems so they get fired, not you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't know why they wouldn't just add GM to Bruce Allen's title rather than go through this, if he's going to be running things.

Jerry Jones just added the title to his title after he fired Jimmy Johnson. Jones has been the Owner, President & General Manager of the Cowboys since 94 hasn't he?

Because it's transparent accountability ( a good practice)
Put a staff member between you and problems so they get fired, not you
Oh I totally get that we should hire someone who's like a Scot McCloughan although arguably Scott Campbell has filed that role for this team for 15 years and we have Doug Williams and Alex Santos but I'm saying I don't understand why they can't just change Allen's title. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying why don't they?

Also, were going to have to get used to Bruce being in control. We don't have to like it, but it is what it is, just like we don't like Dan but he's going to be the owner for the next 30 years or more so, well have to live with him. Nothing is changing thst.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't know why they wouldn't just add GM to Bruce Allen's title rather than go through this, if he's going to be running things.

Jerry Jones just added the title to his title after he fired Jimmy Johnson. Jones has been the Owner, President & General Manager of the Cowboys since 94 hasn't he?

Because it's transparent accountability ( a good practice)
Put a staff member between you and problems so they get fired, not you
Oh I totally get that we should hire someone who's like a Scot McCloughan although arguably Scott Campbell has filed that role for this team for 15 years and we have Doug Williams and Alex Santos but I'm saying I don't understand why they can't just change Allen's title. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying why don't they?

Also, were going to have to get used to Bruce being in control. We don't have to like it, but it is what it is, just like we don't like Dan but he's going to be the owner for the next 30 years or more so, well have to live with him. Nothing is changing thst.
The thing that I don't get though is that you LOVE Bruce Allen. I can't fathom that.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't know why they wouldn't just add GM to Bruce Allen's title rather than go through this, if he's going to be running things.

Jerry Jones just added the title to his title after he fired Jimmy Johnson. Jones has been the Owner, President & General Manager of the Cowboys since 94 hasn't he?

Because it's transparent accountability ( a good practice)
Put a staff member between you and problems so they get fired, not you
Oh I totally get that we should hire someone who's like a Scot McCloughan although arguably Scott Campbell has filed that role for this team for 15 years and we have Doug Williams and Alex Santos but I'm saying I don't understand why they can't just change Allen's title. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying why don't they?

Also, were going to have to get used to Bruce being in control. We don't have to like it, but it is what it is, just like we don't like Dan but he's going to be the owner for the next 30 years or more so, well have to live with him. Nothing is changing thst.
The thing that I don't get though is that you LOVE Bruce Allen. I can't fathom that.
I don't understand why you can't comprehend my posts. I don't love Bruce Allen, but if he makes a good signing or we draft a good player while he's in charge I'm going to acknowledge that the move was good one.

When he's a total tool in the media and makes poor decisions, I have always said he was stupid or whatever but if he makes a good decision like he did with some of the moves in 2014 and what seems to be the case this offseason I'm going to say it was a good move.

To act in any other way is just being a ridiculous fan who's going to hold a stupid grudge over him because you don't like the fact that the owner has twice given Allen total control and stripped control away from Shanahan after he totally botched the Griffin situation in 2013 and because the owner agreed with Allen that McCloughan needed to go - for whatever reason - and Allen was again given control by the owner.

Let me make this clear, I DO NOT AGREE THAT SCOT MCCLOUGHAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED!!!

I DO NOT AGREE THAT BRUCE ALLEN SHOULD HAVE FINAL SAY IN ANYTHING IN THE ORGANIZATION GIVEN HOW HE'S BOTCHED A LOT STUFF - PARTICULARLY PR WISE - SINCE HE WAS HIRED.

That being said, again, if we make a move I agree with like some of the players who we signed and drafted then I'm going to say it's a good move.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10361
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle, you post like someone who loves Bruce Allen. He is scum. Stephen Brannon levels of scum.

Allen is here for two reasons:
1. He will do whatever Snyder wants, regardless of the impact on the team or can base
2. To get Snyder a new stadium deal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Turtle, you post like someone who loves Bruce Allen. He is scum. Stephen Brannon levels of scum.

Allen is here for two reasons:
1. He will do whatever Snyder wants, regardless of the impact on the team or can base
2. To get Snyder a new stadium deal
I post like someone who's a fan of the Redskins and if they do something I agree with, I'll say I agree and why. If I don't agree with it, I'll say why. If I can understand why and say we have to give it a chance and it's worked out before, I'll show that as wel.

I'm shades of gray, not black and white with the Redskins.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think of Bruce Allen- it is not him being a cancer. Rather Bruce is more like an STD- you choose to do something stupid designed to give you immediate pleasure, in 3 days the pain comes increasing worse and worse everyday until you get that shot of PP Pen. I could see Danny boy getting that shot if this season is a 4-12 disaster Vegas thinks is more probably than not
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10135
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine if/when we win 7 or less games this year? Oh man they'll never hear the end of it about how they shouldn't have let McG go
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Can you imagine if/when we win 7 or less games this year? Oh man they'll never hear the end of it about how they shouldn't have let McG go
I'm not sure it will be any worse than what it's already been. Everyone has already been saying that for two months. It's not going away either, eveeytine they lose a game I think it will be part of the narrative amongst the fans and media.

Not too different than the narrative of when Kirk first took over for RG3 in 2014 and everytime he made a mistake or had an int, probably more than half the fan base and media jumped all over him about how he's throws too many interceptions and whatever.

When if Kirk had started all of 2014, he probably would have thrown for 4,000 yards and around 25 TDs but also would have thrown around 20 ints as well.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Sun May 07, 2017 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3698
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Can you imagine if/when we win 7 or less games this year? Oh man they'll never hear the end of it about how they shouldn't have let McG go


Or the maybe Bruce was right and Scot was drunk to want to pay Kirk! Because if we go 4-12 then Kirk is gone unless he got hurt week 1 and that was why we go 4-12
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Can you imagine if/when we win 7 or less games this year? Oh man they'll never hear the end of it about how they shouldn't have let McG go


Or the maybe Bruce was right and Scot was drunk to want to pay Kirk! Because if we go 4-12 then Kirk is gone unless he got hurt week 1 and that was why we go 4-12


Perhaps, perhaps not. Cousins has been very fortunate from an injury standpoint. You can't always predict injuries although with some current and former players it's easier ( Bobby Griffin, Reed, DJax) than others. Don't want to jinx him but 17 may not be a 16 game start for him. Then what do skins do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group