Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

QB (but is this the year?)
Pass rushing stud
WR
ILB
Interior OL (I prefer C, but others would like G)
QB (again)
WR (again)
TE
S
Possibly a FB, depending on the new HC.
Depth everywhere.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are correct. We do need a full team.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Dub_City30

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. New Team
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

Pass rushing stud
WR
ILB
QB (again)
WR (again)
TE
S
Depth everywhere.

I agree with this. I'd also add that our kicker is over 40, our punter is only average, Staley showed signs of starting the downside of his career, and we have nothing behind a fragile Hyde. Heck, I don't think we have a potential pro bowl S or CB on the team and we could use one of those too.

I think that's every position, right? Are we fixed at LS?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

- QB
- EDGE RUSHER
- WR
- ILB

I'd say that's the order for the top 3 or 4, of course the question arises if the the talent meets our need at our pick, namely QB at #2 overall. I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of Trubisky and Watson and I still don't think those two are worthy of that pick.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Forge Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

Pass rushing stud
WR
ILB
QB (again)
WR (again)
TE
S
Depth everywhere.

Head coach
GM
Coordinators
Position coaches
Fans at home games

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we definitely need a TRUE #1 WR

I was actually going to make a separate thread about this.

I am not as down on our WR Corps as everyone else is. IMO we just don't have a true #1 guy. We have a bunch of 2's and 3's and 4's type WRs on our team that I feel would Excel if they did have that Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Deandre Hopkins type of guy lining up with them. The type of guy who makes DC's sit up in the film room all night trying to figure out how to stop this guy.

The problem is that we have been asking 2's and 3's and 4's type of guys to win their routes against guys like Sherman, Peterson, etc.

I honestly believe that if we draft a Mike Williams type of player (clemson) the current WRs we have would really shine in their appropriate roles.

Oh
and a Pass rusher, an ILB and a QB

RED, BLACK AND GOLD..TIL I'M DEAD BURIED AND COLD
jonnguy2015

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every position except RB, 34DE, and FS.

jonnguy2015's 2016 GM Mock Draft 1.0-
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=583296
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnguy2015 wrote:
Every position except RB, 34DE, and FS.

Well do need a RB and FS. Backups at least. Even a 3-4 DE isn't bad if they can also play NT. We only have Buckner, Dial, Armstead, Blair.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
nfjake03

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think that our defensive scheme was miserable, until we figure out how to stop the run again, nothing else on this team will matter. MLB and NT have got to be high on our list. Then QB and every offensive skill position is a need. I'd say we don't even need a QB right now until we give him some weapons. Other then the fact that we probably don't have a single one under contract...
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfjake03 wrote:
While I think that our defensive scheme was miserable, until we figure out how to stop the run again, nothing else on this team will matter. MLB and NT have got to be high on our list. Then QB and every offensive skill position is a need. I'd say we don't even need a QB right now until we give him some weapons. Other then the fact that we probably don't have a single one under contract...

This seems to be a point of contention on here. You have some people, such as me, who feel the same way given the options that are being presented as options in this specific off season. I'd rather give a shot to guys that haven't had the opportunity to play yet (Glennon, Nassib, Tyrod, whoever), and see what they have for a year. None of them is going to break the bank, and we have a ton of money, so if they flop and we can pick a quarterback next year, no big deal.

But there are others who believe the quarterback is paramount asap because, of course, it is the most important position. As I said - given the options that are presented this year, I'm more in line with your thinking in that you sure up some other positions, add some weapons, get a stop gap and then find the franchise guy (if you can - not like they grow on trees)

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
nfjake03 wrote:

This seems to be a point of contention on here. You have some people, such as me, who feel the same way given the options that are being presented as options in this specific off season. I'd rather give a shot to guys that haven't had the opportunity to play yet (Glennon, Nassib, Tyrod, whoever), and see what they have for a year. None of them is going to break the bank, and we have a ton of money, so if they flop and we can pick a quarterback next year, no big deal.

But there are others who believe the quarterback is paramount asap because, of course, it is the most important position. As I said - given the options that are presented this year, I'm more in line with your thinking in that you sure up some other positions, add some weapons, get a stop gap and then find the franchise guy (if you can - not like they grow on trees)

I straddle this fence daily. I definitely want our team built up at every position before adding our QB of the future, wanting to give him the best possible chance to succeed. Then there's the other part of me that could see some FAs brought in this offseason, draft a QB this year as I do see something in Trubisky and Watson, along with other other draft picks and form the beginning of a solid foundation.

That's typically the route that franchises go, and I would hate to give up draft picks to acquire someone like Glennon or the thought of having to give up multiple picks and high picks at that to get Garoppolo is a tough bullet to bite. Hard hard hard no on Nassib, anytime he's played he's looked horrendous. Would be ok with Tyrod or even Cutler while we hopefully develop a mid round QB but none of that is very promising either so I don't know, we are definitely in a pickle.

I may be a supporter of Trubs and Watson but even I don't want them at #2. If we can trade down and acquire some more picks and then take one of em I'd be on board. It just seems a little too obvious that with a new GM, a new HC (probably and offensive minded HC in McDaniels who did trade up to get his guy in Tebow) that our route to rebuilding this franchise will be with a QB.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We most certainly need a back up RB. One, Hyde has missed games the last two years, and two, the back ups on the roster averaged 3.6 YPC and 2.6 YPC. I don't know off hand what Davis averaged, but it was pretty bad as well. Our OL was garbage in run blocking so not that big of a surprise, but we need a legit back up that could get it done even with a terrible OL.

El ramster on the sig
nfjake03

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
nfjake03 wrote:

If you look around the league, both now and in the past, the quarterbacks who are good are usually the ones drafted into the best situations. Alex Smith looks like a good QB in a good situation. It took years to get to that point with him though because of how bad we were when he was drafted. Aaron Rodgers, Ben roethlisberger, Philip rivers, tom Brady, Wilson, Prescott. All of these guys walked into great situations and used the talent that they have to build their confidence and make plays. Even in our past, Steve young came into a great situation and ran with it. We were still a good place to be when Garcia took over for him and he looked like a good QB. Very few guys can come in and turn a team around without help. I don't feel like we have that right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: