Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
For all those who have thrown in the towel on Goff, read this and reconsider your stance:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39414
Laughing

Fantastic find jrry.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Tim Williams, EDGE, Bama
3. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
4. Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio St
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
For all those who have thrown in the towel on Goff, read this and reconsider your stance:
Laughing

Fantastic find jrry.

I was looking for their thread on the Mike McCarthy hire for the inevitable temper tantrums that will follow us hiring a guy that isn't the "top candidate," and I just happened to stumble upon that. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWnB6rmUauY

Adopt a Ram:Tavon Austin
iRaMs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oline
Receiver
Cb
Dline depth

RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Laughing

Aarod was flawless out of the gate..I grew up watching Aaron in HS, played against him in JC (Shasta vs Butte). He grew up in my area (Chico, Ca) I knew from day 1 dude was special. He's the GOAT, hands down. Best ever. Don't even compare Rodgers to Goff. There's nothing similar between the two other than where they attended college. Rodgers will never and has never played as awful as Goff did. This link you sent means jack!
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Laughing

Aarod was flawless out of the gate..I grew up watching Aaron in HS, played against him in JC (Shasta vs Butte). He grew up in my area (Chico, Ca) I knew from day 1 dude was special. He's the GOAT, hands down. Best ever. Don't even compare Rodgers to Goff. There's nothing similar between the two other than where they attended college. Rodgers will never and has never played as awful as Goff did. This link you sent means jack!

Congrats on being completely wrong. A-Rod stunk up the field in his rookie preseason and then put up terrible numbers in his few opportunities to play his first two years in the NFL. He went 15/31 (48.4%) for 111 yards (3.6 YPA) and 0 TDs to 1 Int (43.9 QB Rating) over his first two years in the NFL.

Don't let facts get in the way of your revisionist history. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a thumper at MLB a need now in the draft/free agency to line up next to Tree?
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
So a thumper at MLB a need now in the draft/free agency to line up next to Tree?

I would say so if we can confirm that Wade won't work with a 4-3. But I also think big MLB can be found later in the draft as well. With more use Nickel coverages and emphasis on the passing game, these types of guys have fallen draft stock wise. I remember Bernardrick McKinney coming out of college would have been a 1st rounder 10-15 years ago, but fell to the 2nd due to lack of agility. As a 3-4 ILB though, he doesn't have to cover sideline to sideline.

Guys I would look for rounds 3-6:

Jack Cichy- Wisconsin

Alex Anzalone-Florida

Ben Boulware-Clemson (love this kid)
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Laughing

Congrats on being completely wrong. A-Rod stunk up the field in his rookie preseason and then put up terrible numbers in his few opportunities to play his first two years in the NFL. He went 15/31 (48.4%) for 111 yards (3.6 YPA) and 0 TDs to 1 Int (43.9 QB Rating) over his first two years in the NFL.

I actually WATCHED every single one of those games and throws you speak of. He did not stink it up in preseason....and those stats hardly speak of his play. Did he even start and play a full game, do you know? You have no idea what you're talking about...plus, comparing Rodgers to Goff says a TON!
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Laughing

I actually WATCHED every single one of those games and throws you speak of. He did not stink it up in preseason.

Okay. I won't ask you to take my word for it. There's a thread linked above that features Packers fans discussing Rodgers after his rookie year. We'll take their words for it:
msmre wrote:
He really stunk it up in the preseason

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
lets not give this guy the boot after a bad preseason

Let's go week by week of the 2005 preseason:
Week 1
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005081100/2005/PRE1/chargers@packers#tab=analyze
Rodgers - 2/6 for 7 yards and 0 TDs to 0 Ints

Week 2
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005082004/2005/PRE2/packers@bills#tab=analyze
Rodgers - 4/9 for 21 yards and 0 TDs to 1 Int

Week 3
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005082607/2005/PRE3/patriots@packers#tab=analyze
Rodgers - 5/9 for 52 yards and 0 TDs to 1 Int

Week 4
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005090102/2005/PRE4/packers@titans#tab=analyze
Rodgers - 9/13 for 92 yards and 1 TD to 0 Ints

Final stats:
20/37
54.1%
172 yards
4.6 YPA
1 TD
2 Ints
53.0 QB Rating

Last edited by jrry32 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:

Honestly think this is a spot they bring a journeyman with experience in a 1-gapping 3-4 to ease the transition. Minter, Dent, maybe Bruce Miller all could make some sense. I doubt we shell out the coin to get someone like Zach Brown. His performance has fallen off a cliff since the Chargers gave him the extension he got cut from, but Donald Butler was drafted originally to play in a Phillips style 3-4.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think hiring McVay puts an even higher premium on signing Andrew Whitworth as an FA? Already fluent in Gruden's (presumably McVay's offense). Can play OT or OG in it. Can replace Barnes as the veteran leader on the OL.

MathMan wrote:
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

Honestly think this is a spot they bring a journeyman with experience in a 1-gapping 3-4 to ease the transition. Minter, Dent, maybe Bruce Miller all could make some sense. I doubt we shell out the coin to get someone like Zach Brown. His performance has fallen off a cliff since the Chargers gave him the extension he got cut from, but Donald Butler was drafted originally to play in a Phillips style 3-4.

I think we'll go cheap there. Bring someone in to compete with Josh Forrest and maybe a Day 3 pick (or UDFA). Thumpers aren't hard to find. Some FA options in addition to the ones you named are Perry Riley, Dekoda Watson (could even provide depth at SOLB too), and Brandon Spikes.

In fact, I think there's a solid chance we go after Dekoda Watson. He makes a lot of sense for us.

The LBC wrote:
Anyone else think hiring McVay puts an even higher premium on signing Andrew Whitworth as an FA? Already fluent in Gruden's (presumably McVay's offense). Can play OT or OG in it. Can replace Barnes as the veteran leader on the OL.

I would love that. We'll have to see if McVay wants to run a PBS or ZBS.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

I think we'll go cheap there. Bring someone in to compete with Josh Forrest and maybe a Day 3 pick (or UDFA). Thumpers aren't hard to find. Some FA options in addition to the ones you named are Perry Riley, Dekoda Watson (could even provide depth at SOLB too), and Brandon Spikes.

In fact, I think there's a solid chance we go after Dekoda Watson. He makes a lot of sense for us.

The LBC wrote:

Yeah, that will definitely be telling. As it seems like the Chargers are going to keep most of the offensive staff in place, Aaron Kromer is a name that could interesting to see brought in, but I don't imagine we'll know what his availability is until McDermott hires his OC in Buffalo. Fingers crossed for Norv because Kromer really doesn'the fit what Norv likes to do - and Norv is historically faithful to "his guys" if they're available.

MathMan wrote:
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

The LBC wrote:

Yeah, that will definitely be telling. As it seems like the Chargers are going to keep most of the offensive staff in place, Aaron Kromer is a name that could interesting to see brought in, but I don't imagine we'll know what his availability is until McDermott hires his OC in Buffalo. Fingers crossed for Norv because Kromer really doesn'the fit what Norv likes to do - and Norv is historically faithful to "his guys" if they're available.

The Bills already hired Juan Castillo. Kromer is out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: