Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogerthat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Rogerthat wrote:
I feel like bkokot except with OT. Since we are drafting Watson at #3 we need to protect him. Leno can play but he doesn't have the size. I would hate see another JaMarcus Webb Jay Culter combo with Watson. They have the cap to upgrade the position. Compton or Kalil or Jokel to upgrade the left tackle. A lot of people on the forum likes Vollmer on the right.

LT
Compton/kalil/Jockel
Leno
RT
vollmer
4th rounder or maybe massie.

Have you actually watched Kalil and/or Joeckel play? Kalil is a turnstile and Joeckel played guard this year. Neither is an upgrade over Leno.

I would take both on pure pedigree and the fact that they both are over 6'5.

Also I blame their poor play on their respective teams. Viking were so bad Norv turner just quit and the Jags put too much expectation on jockel from the start ruined his psyche. Prove it deals and Leno for insurance.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerthat wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Rogerthat wrote:
I feel like bkokot except with OT. Since we are drafting Watson at #3 we need to protect him. Leno can play but he doesn't have the size. I would hate see another JaMarcus Webb Jay Culter combo with Watson. They have the cap to upgrade the position. Compton or Kalil or Jokel to upgrade the left tackle. A lot of people on the forum likes Vollmer on the right.

LT
Compton/kalil/Jockel
Leno
RT
vollmer

Have you actually watched Kalil and/or Joeckel play? Kalil is a turnstile and Joeckel played guard this year. Neither is an upgrade over Leno.

Also I blame their poor play on their respective teams. Viking were so bad Norv turner just quit and the Jags put too much expectation on jockel from the start ruined his psyche. Prove it deals and Leno for insurance.

Forget pedigree - Kalil is a 5 year player and Joeckel 4 years. They are what they are as players at this point, and what they are are two guys who are well established replacement level players based on everything seen since scouting reports completed on them in the Angelo era. That's not an upgrade. I'm all for trying to upgrade at OT if we can but neither of those guys represents that. Also, the train of thought that the Jags put too much pressure on Joeckel because they had high expectations on him after taking him 2nd overall is pretty flawed. Should they not expect a franchise LT from a guy they took 2nd overall?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerthat wrote:

LT
Compton/kalil/Jockel
Leno
RT
vollmer

Vollmer is an upgrade over Massie, but he has injury concerns so you would need to make sure to have a reserve that had experience IMO. Kalil or Joeckel would be good swing tackle options if cheap, but I don't think either would be able to lock down a tackle spot for the next 6-7 years. They better than Webb was but not at Leno's level IMO.

I do think Kalil would be better at guard though, I said the same thing about Bushrod and he played well there for MIA, much better than at LT for us (from the little I saw of them).

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Rogerthat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Rogerthat wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Rogerthat wrote:

LT
Compton/kalil/Jockel
Leno
RT
vollmer

Forget pedigree - Kalil is a 5 year player and Joeckel 4 years. They are what they are as players at this point, and what they are are two guys who are well established replacement level players based on everything seen since scouting reports completed on them in the Angelo era. That's not an upgrade. I'm all for trying to upgrade at OT if we can but neither of those guys represents that. Also, the train of thought that the Jags put too much pressure on Joeckel because they had high expectations on him after taking him 2nd overall is pretty flawed. Should they not expect a franchise LT from a guy they took 2nd overall?

Since I am appearly wrong. name one FA LT that would be an upgrade?

Reiff?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: